• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What are you most looking forward to in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver?

Best Reigon?

• Johto

Votes: 127 84.1%
  • Kanto

Votes: 24 15.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • I am looking forward to Giovanni possibly being in the remakes, http : // www .pokemon .co .jp /special /hgss /character /rocket01 . html(Remove spaces, i am new so i can't post URLs), who else would they put in the "coming soon" area!

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I am looking forward Pokémon Gold and Silver remake :D It needs everything that was in Gold & Silver already, and few new things (and I like almost all of the new things). I want to play my favorite game with better graphics (those doesn't really matter), new places, all old gym leaders and following pokémon! I am really going to enjoy this game!!!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to Whitney!. Haha and her infamous Miltank.

But other than that I am practically salivating at the prospect of doin some good ole dog catching.

(P.S. I hope this game is a bit challenging! I know the games are geared toward a younger audience, but come on Game Freak! Just come on!)

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Remixed, remixed Kanto music. I want to hear the GSC Lavender Town's music but in better quality.

And KANTO GYM LEADERS!!! The best feature in the GSC games, hands down.

DestinyBender

Mana du vortes, aeria gloris.
    Years
  • i think it will be good cos of the partner pokemon. i cant wait for my arcues to pop out && follow meh!!!

also, i wanna see kanto in 3d. it would be odd, different, but awesome :D

cant wait till its out. i love you gamefreak, you freaks, you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    o.0
    I never knew Kanto will be in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
    I'll definitely be looking forward to that!

xXI JOE IXx

Seeing Kanto in 3D! Listening to the remixed music, I never played gold properly, I played it through once, beat red then bought sapphire. So its going to be like a new game to me I guess. Pokemon following you looks cool and I can't wait to use my arceus to do that event :D

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • -The Soundtracks
    -Building a team with Pokemon I actually know, like and grew up liking.
    -Sending Pokemon from FireRed to HeartGold (God I hope there's some kind of Pal Park, or if not I hope you can get Larvitar before the E4)
    -New Sprites

I could go on but there's too many really.

luxray_12

Loving the originals
    Years
  • I am just looking forward to playing yet another epic Pokemon game! The classic regions of Kanto and Johto are easily the best and to be able to relive them with new features and graphics makes HG/SS ever more exciting.
    The only bummer is I have to wait longer for it. Australia is always one step behind everyone else. But I'll most likely import the American version. I think I can live with "Mom" instead of "Mum". CAN'T WAIT!!!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I just want the f-ing games to be released already. The fact that they're remakes of my favourite Pokemon games makes me want to play them.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    why would anyone want the boring kanto? jhoto has the lake of rage, whirl islands, tin tower which are simply gr8!

codemonkey85

Software Developer
    Years
  • -The Soundtracks
    -Sending Pokemon from FireRed to HeartGold (God I hope there's some kind of Pal Park, or if not I hope you can get Larvitar before the E4)

Soundtrack: second-ed!

Pal Park: connectivity to GBA games has already been confirmed by the official site, but exact details are unknown. I'm fairly certain the Pal Park or a similar feature will exist in HGSS for importing Pokémon from the GBA games.

Anyway, as for me: the aformentioned soundtrack (hoping it sounds more DPPt and less FRLG), the "partner Pokémon" feature (and all the overworld sprites that comes with!), the awesome graphical update to both Johto and Kanto, the PokéWalker... I'm sure there's more that I can't think of just now.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I just can't wait to play in Johto again. It's my absolute favorite region.
    It seems as though it's been far too long.
    I can't wait to see Kanto in 3D, too.. that will be awesome. :]

Also, I love the nostalgia factor.

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
  • I'm just looking forward to the nostalgia and good memories from playing the original Gold/Silver to be honest.

Years
  • Firstly Silver was my favourite Pokemon game of them all which is reason enough. Lugia is close to my favourite Pokemon of all time. But the memories are what will make this game for me. My fondest Pokemon related memories are generally tied to the second generation. Plus I feel that the G/S/C versions had the greatest level of balance between quality vs quantity with it's Pokemon and it was probably the last generation where the legendaries actually meant something (at least to me they did). Plus the whole 16 badges and the massive surprise when I finally ran into Red. Plus Silver is still the only game where I managed to catch them all! (251) Still have that saved game as well. All in all this is the most important Pokemon release to me since the original G/S/C.

Back