• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015

I've been working on my own Pokemon fan game for about two months and have made amazing strides in the development process the last few weeks so I felt I'd make a few small videos of my favourite features until the first demo is ready.

I would love to gain the input of others so I can make the first demo more full and can move on to the next stage of development quicker. My game is called 'Strange Times: A Pokemon Fan Game' and my thread for the Progressing Games thread is awaiting approval! In the meantime please visit my games site at http://www.strangetimes.co!

Thanks so much for checking this out and I hope to hear from you all!

indieoutloud

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • In the process of making my second attempt at a Pokemon RPG--based on a TV show I created for my imagined Pokeworld. Ash and co. do make an appearance as the audience watching the show (I already have them in the game) They will have plenty of commentary about what the player does,as well as gently poking fun at fantasy and RPG cliches

At the moment I am trying to make a cold open of the gang getting together to watch the show, but am having very little luck

Years
  • Currently remaking the intro screen in Pokemon Essentials. I'm making a PMD style game in Pokemon Essentials (a bit inspired by Ruby Destiny Resue Rangers) so it's probably gonna get changed a lot.

After that i will probably just add all the overworld sprites i need

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    I'm working on a script for essentials that generates events in a map wich are wild pokemons that you can battle by bumping on them.
    Here is a prove of the concept:

The events are loaded from a .txt file wich contains the info needed to generate them, an then another script is constantly iterating through the list looking for fainted pokémons and if they have to respawn.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • boygirl3_by_boonzeet-d7iq01u.png

Just working on the character designs for the 'Are you a boy or girl?' screen. My game will have quite a unique style, I hope!

Reactions: Tek

Lenin_

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. I
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2016
    boygirl3_by_boonzeet-d7iq01u.png

Just working on the character designs for the 'Are you a boy or girl?' screen. My game will have quite a unique style, I hope!

Give the character an outerglow when choosing it:P

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
  • Setting up the first real battle--a monster (not sure what, but it should be easy for the player to defeat) frightened and injured a Meloetta named Sonata (who is an ally to my three heroes). The cleric heals her, minutes before the same monster comes to attack the heroes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm currently working on an editor for the pbs files
    heres the progress so far on the pokemon.txt editor

Note that i am aware that the spd, spatk and spdef stats are the wrong way around, it was sorted after the screenshots were done

w1aalc.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    I'm currently working on an editor for the pbs files

Note that i am aware that the spd, spatk and spdef stats are the wrong way around, it was sorted after the screenshots were done
    Hey, that looks very nice! I'm also working in a pbs editor but for trainers, it can already create new trainers and I'm finishing the part for editing new trainers, It is in Spanish wich is my native language but I'm planning on translating it :3

pokes%20editor.png

Last edited:

Boonzeet

Years
  • I'm currently working on an editor for the pbs files

That looks really good! I'd just started coding a pokemon.txt editor in Java so I'm glad to see someone's done it already before I get too invested haha.

Are you going to have an easy method of adding the regional dex numbers?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The editor will eventually be able to edit all the PBS files.

I have a few ideas for the regional dexs, nothing decided yet

The only bit not working at the moment is the evolutions, haven't decided how to handle them yet. It can load and save the pokemon.txt file. Editing doesn't save yet though

Lastest View
    4h3vic.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I´m currently working in a new game made in Game Maker, it will be based in marvel franchise, the game mechanic will be like Megaman Battle Network.

The graphic aren´t good because i´m focusing in coding.
    This is what i can show for now:
    n.png

What do you think?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

These are awesome. I they may seem simple, or edit things that people can already edit, but having a GUI to edit these things make it much easier for entry level developers and I personally feel like that is the best thing this community could actually see. It is one thing about the ROM Hacking section that helps drive the activity over there because it gives people a nice visual place to start.

Hope to see more of these two projects!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thanks for the feedback. I have the layout and loading the pokemon.txt file complete
    None of the add buttons work yet. The remove buttons remove form the lists, but don't actually remove when it comes to saving.
    I have the saving mostly complete, at the moment it doesn't save evolutions as i've only just finished the loading of them. Saving them is next

This is the final layout with everything loaded
    15ehe0p.jpg

Boonzeet

Years
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have the layout and loading the pokemon.txt file complete
    None of the add buttons work yet. The remove buttons remove form the lists, but don't actually remove when it comes to saving.
    I have the saving mostly complete, at the moment it doesn't save evolutions as i've only just finished the loading of them. Saving them is next

This is the final layout with everything loaded

This looks great. Would love to use this!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Working on a party system for Unity, which keeps important information about party members, as well as player position and map data(with luck, it'll allow Unity scenes to behave more like maps in RMXP). This isn't strictly meant to be used for a Pokemon game, but when AWAKE's done, I'll try to put everything relevant to making a Pokemon game together for public use.

Back