• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
  • I caught mine around midnight one night with a masterball, cause i was about to go bed and i had to catch it fast.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    they were both pretty easy for me, pachirisu paralyzed em, and super fanged em til they were in the red; then used a couple dusk balls

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Lugia - Dusk Ball
    Ho-oh - Ultra Ball

Heavy Ball = Great for catching legendaries. They're mostly pretty heavy.

I still have my Master Ball and the only legendaries from SS I need are Entei and Rayquaza.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I caught Lugia on my second throw, with a heavy ball. Forget what I caught Ho-oh with, could have been an ultra ball, although I remember throwing a luxury ball at come point during the battle.

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • I caught ho-oh with an ultra ball, but this brings me to mention my favorite legendary catch ever. i swear to god this happend. i caught all 3 of the regis using one pokeball on the 1st turn without soft reseting on the same file

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • i caught ho oh and lugia in a nest ball
    you know the one that says WORKS BEST ON WEAK POKEMON
    thus proving that lugia and ho oh are only useful fried and in my stomach

Jasonpower

Super Nerd
    Years
  • I cought Lugia with a great ball and it was my first pokeball i threw at it:rambo:
    I cought Ho-oh with a Dusk ball, it was night when i encountered it:nervous:
    It just goes to show, if you keep trying, you'll catch it.:classic:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • As said earlier, I caught them with great balls, however found letter did this, happened in my HGSS challenge thread
    -BATTLED BUG CATCHER CALLUM(ALL LEVEL 999 1.ARCEUS 2.ZORUARK 3.ZEKROM 4.RESHIRAM 5.ZUNTAR 6.SLASHTHON(UNDISCOVERED) 7.SHOCKANA (UNDISCOVERED)8.MISSINGNO.!
    -FOUND 3 MASTERBALLS!!
    -FOUND 3 LUBIA WITH NUMBERS ON ITS CHEST
    -CAUGHT THEM IN ORDER 2,1,3
    -CAME FROZE
    -FOUND LETTER APPEARED AND COMLETED MY GAME!!
    -D.S RAN OUT AND LOST EVERYTHING I JUST DID

Lol, he really spammed, but he caught 3 lugia, or lubia with master balls

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • With Lugia, I was stubborn enough to think that catching Ho-Oh would be a breeze without the Master Ball. So, I caught Lugia with a Master Ball.

Ho-Oh, on the other hand. I would rather not talk about it. FRUSTRATION. IT WAS PARALYZED, HAD A TEENY BIT OF HP LEFT AND I HAD ULTRA BALLS.

Obviously you people know where I'm getting at. -.-

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
  • I use dusk balls for like... everything now, but I love them <3

So most of the legends I catch are in dusk balls :B
    Ho-oh and Lugia proved to be really nasty catches though..

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    In my HeartGold, I caught Ho-oh in my master ball because it was really late and my team was really underleveled. However in my Soulsilver, I caught Lugia in a great ball! XD XD XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Dusk Balls. Ever since 4th Gen first came out, I catch all of my legendaries in a Dusk Ball because the animation looks epic when you send it out.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
  • Ho-oh was always more of a pain, and I only caught him once with an ultraball. Although I've managed to catch lugia on several occasions with a heavy ball, ultra ball, dusk ball, and even friend ball.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • For Lugia, I was really lucky. I had it's health about halfway, and then I threw a Pokéball and caught it.

For Ho-Oh, I used several ultra balls and finally caught it.

Back