• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Ball Did You Use To Catch Lugia/Ho-Oh?

Years
  • Caught Mewtwo in Yellow Version on my 76th Pokeball. NOBIGDEAL.JPG
    Lugia and Ho-Oh weren't as memorable for me. I just slept Ho-oh and caught him with an ultra ball. first try.
    Never caught Lugia. too much islands, whirlpools, bleh

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2015

i caught them both with ultra balls.

and u know whats funny? once i was just walking randomly and i got into a fight with a shiny raikou or entei(cant remember which one) and i didn't know it was a legendary, because i never played gold/silver/crystal... and i had a master ball at that point. later i checked serebii and found out it was a legendary.. and it was shiny.. what a loss...

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I used an Ultra Ball for Lugia and a Master Ball for Ho-oh. Both are shiny and I battled Lugia and was very afraid of fainting it. Thats why, I simply used a Master Ball on Ho-oh( I have three in Soul Silver that I hoarded from other games.)

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I play the superskarmory game and catch all my legendaries in Poke Balls. So I wasted an hour catching Ho-Oh. But later, when I wanted a Pokemon to use in Ubers, I soft resetted for a right natured Lugia and caught it with a Master Ball.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I used masterballs or ultra balls for both of them. I can't remember exactly which one though.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Master. I think at that point in the game I had just gotten lazy and said...well I want ya so we can do this the easy way or the......eh.....lets go with the easy way lol

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I think I just let them both faint... I've never really bothered with capturing legendaries unless I have to in order to complete the game (*coughReshiramcough*). At least they give off a lot of Experience! :D

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I'd either try my luck with Ultra Balls or simply use my Master Ball. I have a tendency to use the second option more frequently as the mascot above all else feels most suitable for the ultimate capturing device.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I find it hard enough to try and catch them with an Ultra Ball, let alone any of the others.
    I could just make them faint or use the Master Ball to make it easier for myself, but I always feel like I should catch the legendaries, and the item hoarder in me keeps me from ever using my Master Ball for those "just in case" purposes.

Years
  • In my most recent playthrough of HeartGold, I just caught Ho-oh in a Dusk Ball. Funnily enough, I think a Dusk Ball has the same 'strength' of an Ultra Ball when used at night- otherwise it's just a standard PokeBall. So in effect I could just as easily use Ultra Balls for Lugia, but seeing as it's in a dark cave (and Dusk Balls are cheaper anyway), I'm just gonna go with Dusk Balls.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Heartgold: Lugia with a Dusk Ball, Ho-Oh with a Ulta Ball.
    Soulsilver: Lugia with a Master Ball, Ho-Oh with a Quick Ball.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2012
    It's basically a personal tradition for me to stock up on 99 Ultra Balls whenever I have the spare cash in-game, and so when I have the opportunity to battle a wild legendary Pokemon (or other significant Pokemon) that is when I use them. So basically this time was no different and I caught both birds using Ultra Balls. XD

A trainer always comes prepared. ;P

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    I'm grinding my Togetic to a higher level so I can put Ho-Oh to sleep with it's Yawn. Will probably catch it by late tonight or early AM tomorrow. I caught Lugia with an ultra ball and plan on doing the same with Ho-Oh.
    I am thinking of using my master on Mewtwo. I havn't decided yet...

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • I used a Dusk Ball to capture Lugia. Fortunately, it didn't take me as much turns. As for Ho-oh, I plan on using the same.

Back