• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • I would use my shiny gyarados as a team member, but due to the nature it sucks bad. BOLD! come on. So I just left him in my pc to rotten. I have a blue gyarados on my team right now to battle in wifi.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I used mine on my in-game team well after the Elite 4. In fact, it was probably the most helpful Pokemon against Red for me.

fmns42

4chan master
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011
    Not gonna lie, I shamefully used him as an HM slave for Whirlpool and Surf. However, I occasionally did use him during battle since he knew Ice Fang and Crunch :P Yeah, he was useless.....

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I went for the catch since it's an important Pokémon in the game, but I then boxed it soon after. I'd have liked to have used a shiny on my team but it's way too cliche and easy to obtain. =/

Cookiez

The Shining Light
    Years
  • Convinced my Lil' bro it was "SUPAH RARE!!!!!!" *His words not mine*
    and traded it for his Feralgatr...

I'm So Cruel... XD

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Personally I've never used it again, maybe I'll use it to breed magikarp egg to complete the pokedex (Magikarp's the only pokemon I have as not caught in SS)

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I just catch it and box it... sadly, the poor thing.

But every once in a while I search through my boxes and am like, "Oh, my, why do I have two Gyarados? Ah, yes. One of them is shiny." and then I forget about it ... forever. Until the next time. Y'know... vicious cycle.

Years
  • I usually use him as a HM slave, just for using Strength in the Ice Caves, Waterfall and Whirlpool and all the useless HMs like that. After the Elite Four he is usually put in a PC box.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    All previous times, it has been captured and boxed away, possibly for use in the Battle Frontier (Although I never got round to it).

However, this time, I may KO it and capture it in a Level Ball after defeating the Elite Four.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I take great pleasure in killing the Red Gyarados whenever I see it. The one time I caught it was the first runthrough in Gold version, but every time after that, I Thunderbolt the crap out of it until it sinks down into the depths of the Lake of Rage. It gives me a weird sense of glee... don't know why!

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
    Years
  • I caught him and used him for a while up until Kanto then I boxed him and now he is sitting in my Pokemon White PC Box... waiting for the day it will see the outside again

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    First run: Caught it, then trained it, but never beat the Elite 4 'cause I resarted..

Second run: Caught it, and boxed it, and it's not come out since.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I boxed the red Gyarados as soon as I caught it. I'm thinking about using it for the Battle Tower, though.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I boxed it on Soul Silver, and then transferred it to Pokemon Black so I could...

...wait for it...

...box it again. XP

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Well, I captured him because at the time I though that he looked very cool, but he later became and Hm Slave and well, i never trained hi or anything so he went in my box shortly after i captured Luiga.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Haha... Funny story there. I caught Mushi, my blue Gyrados, just to catch the red one, named Ronja. But once I caught Ronja I liked Mushi so much that I kept her and boxed Ronja. :\

I'll use old Ronja some day... some day. :D

Back