• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters

Altorca

lords of alamos clan leader
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    i got 2 mews as my hm slaves lol but gyrados was actuallly released
    weaklings deserve another chance....
    which is why i dont own a single water type

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I really use him as Whirlpool and other water HM slave, but giving him quick claw to beat lance's aerodactyl was amazing.

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I used mine in regular battle. It would make gyarados a high fashion pokemon if it came in 7 or 8 colors, like Silver, Red, Pink or White in HG and Gold, Green, Brown or Black in SS, and it was random per game reset. Green and White could be rarer. or something like that. It would be fun to collect them all.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    named it Red X
    taught it Surf, Waterfall, Aquatail and Dragon Rage
    holds Mystic Water

it kills things for me

I love him

swept half of Red's Team (stupid Pikachu...)

and he is my baby

Snegurochka

fire walk with me.
    Years
  • i used one of my synchronize abras to get one with an adamant nature, then he went straight into the PC. i will EV train him soon, though.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I actually kept it for my team, it's now been transfered onto my White Version, currently sitting in my PC.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    He lays on the bottom of the lake :3.
    I knew I wasn't gonna use it so didn't even bother catching it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • caught it, boxed it, never thought about it again

::EDIT::
    even if it is a shiny, everybody gets one so that makes it kind of cheap
    But you can breed it with other Pokemon and eventually get shinnies of those species using it. So, it's not worthless in terms of what is and isn't a valuable shiny pokemon [although I guess almost all shiny pokemon can breed, but that's besides the point...]
    I haven't gotten that far in the game, but I'm hoping it will be male, and that I'll have a Lapras by then. I'll probably breed them until I get a shiny Lapras and grind some levels onto it, and then transfer it. Hopefully I'll eventually get a Pokemon that is in multiple egg groups to breed with it, so I can expand my shiny collection. And then I can transfer them between my games so I can get shinnies of pokemon I don't want to trade.
    *puts bookmark to this thread so I remember to do that*

Yeah, after that, there's no reason not to love Garydos. Free shinnies=more shinnies=more people noticing your pokemon=better and rarer pokemon. And you don't even have to WORK for it. You just have to put two pokemon in a little shack and you have a shiny factory! And I'm going to get my copy of SS back out now! Baibai!

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I put the Gyarados in the box. Though in one time I was replaying the game I used it as an HM slave for Whirlpool/Waterfall and all that stuff.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    As soon as I caught it, it was immediately stashed inside my PC Boxes, never to see the light of the day again. Though, I'll never release it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    I caught and used the Gyarados... Seemed like a good idea at the time... Then after I completed the game decided he needed to be boxed to make room for Groudon. xD.

CLU

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Here
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    I caught him and boxed him. No bid deal.
    He's kind of forever alone. Sometimes I use him in Pokeathlon, because mine has incredibly nice Speed and Jump stats. c:

★CLU

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Back in the original, I read some lame rumor of a gold Magikarp egg and tried like ages to make one with him.. I was like 10 years old though. In Soul Silver I use him for Whirlpool and Waterfall.

Back