• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    I had Gyarados on my team using Waterfall, Whirlpool, and Surf until after I caught Lugia. I then transferred it to White.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I killed it to get past the game quickly, no point in catching it as I never use it anyway

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I caught it and let it rot in my boxes. I'm a mean trainer. :(

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

No, seriously. I never caught the red gyarados. (in HGSS). I had Totodile for my surfing and whirlpool needs.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Like most people I caught it but sometimes I just went straight to the point and killed the darn thing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I haven't caught that thing since the GSC days. I just don't have any place for it on my highly selected team, so catching it doesn't hold much of a point, since I'm not interested in catching them all. I only catch Pokémon when I need them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    Caught it and then boxed it. I already have a Gyarados, which is blue (blue is my favourite colour), so why would I want another one?

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
    Years
  • I have caught him and put it in the pc, but i caught him just to help complete the pokedex. But sometimes i use him to catch pokemons Lv29,27...etc.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I first did what Red did and used it to totally f$ck up team rocket in the voltorb base or whatever its called and then i threw him in the box when all was said and done

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I was seriously thinking of putting him in my team before captured him. Then yesterday I had the battle with him, when I finally realized that he looks real ugly </3.. so I just put him in the box and who knows what I'd do to him later..

GokuRikaku

Sup?
    Years
  • I totally forgot that I had a Red Gyarados.
    Its a good thing nothing bad happens when you put a Pokemon in the PC forever, because thats how long that thing was in the PC.

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2014
    Pokemon stored in a box for years taste good... especially shiny. I know from experience :badsmile:

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
  • I wanted to catch it, But when I weakened it... I had no PokéBalls. :( I weren't happy. The only shiny I even foundin the game I had to kill ).

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    In my latest playthough, I've stuck with it, but I'm getting ready to replace it with something else. Probably Empoleon or Starmie...

All other times I've either slung some HM's on it or just left it in the box. Never just defeated it though.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Tried to get a shiny Magikarp (because I thought I could) and failed miserably.

Boxed. Or as I call it, jailed.

No, I don't really call it that XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Back