• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I wanted to see a seperate section in the "forms" on the Pokédex (where you can compare a female Pokémon with the male version) for the shiny forms.

Dark Mike

Dark Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    Orange Islands would have been good! Really enjoyed the TV series and since then wanted to explore! Also I like the whole GB thing, plus I wouldnt mind the ability to be able to have generation one starter pokemon at the begining

isnt the female character crystal?

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
    I definitely wanted the pokes to actually perform the attacks, instead of them just flying out from your stand-still image of the Pokemon. (i.e. Chickorita actually does the motion to use an attack like razorleaf, Bulbasaur actually jumps up in the air, while vines come from its back and bind the enemy.) That would be impressive, and HG/SS being amazing, I expected that... But, the games are great! So many memories. I love them, and I'm basically happy with the final outcome of the remakes!

Years
    i miss that my mom would but me dolls to decorate, its was pretty interesting, i still remember the sufing pikachu, a pikachu in a surf board,

i would also like more day/week events,

more contest,

the underground thing was fun too,

that lyra or the guy (your childhood friend) to do more stuff, and the your rival do more stuff also,

lets not forget MORE DOUBLE BATTLES

so far i only seen 3

maybe a base to decorate a place you can call yours

diffrent colored eggs, depending on the pokemon...

more pokegear stuff, and color.. well not color, to change its look, there only 6

more pokeball, there only to cacth water, and bug, other type would be nice,

and i think to end this would be
    all eevee type, there is a fire, water, electric, leaf, ice, dark, and psychic,
    and eevee for all 17 type... 8 so far...

and thats it... for now

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The Sevii Islands should have been included, since this is supposed to be a sequel to FireRed/LeafGreen. And there's no White Rock in Kanto either (Oak mentions it during the Shaymin event in DPP)

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    "I found out a quick way to get to the other region without using the train. Fly to Indigo plateau, then fly to any city you want to in either region. When you're in Indigo plateau, you're given the option to fly to either Johto or Kanto. Whenever I'm in Johto and want to fly to Kanto, I fly to indigo plateau, then I fly to a place in Kanto."

Great idea, thanks!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    i also wish that the games were even longer then they are because I already have 13 Badges and i feel like there should be alot more gameplay

Especially Kanto, it is incredibly short compared to Johto. 8 Badges, a Power Plant, Snorlax and Suicune plus Red. That's it!

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I miss when you could go to the daycare and look in the little place outside with that pool and see your Pokemon jammin'.

Also the Rival seemed to much like a nice guy ... I kind of like it when he's a d**k to me all the time ... it makes it so much more fun when you hand him his ass every time ... it's that feeling you get when you punch a bully in the face =] (hopefully none of you have ever had to do that).

I am kind of disappointed with Red's Snorlax, it's made too easy with no Rest or Snore ... me and my brother used to have so much fun fighting Red with his annoying ass Snorlax that was so cheap .... yet so exciting at the same time :). Also the constant hail makes the Snorlax lose health as well ... so not much of a challenge.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    I wish Lyra's color scheme matched Gold/Ethan's...

What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?
    <- No?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I wanted decent levels for the Gym Leaders and Elite 4, but I heard that a few people were underleveled (like Whitney and her Miltank). A 'Second Wave' factor akin to FR/LG's Elite 4 would have been nice. (I don't know if the Fighting Dojo substitutes adequately for this, though, since I do not actually have a copy of HeartGold Version yet...).

Contests could've been a nice post-game addition. If you have the Battle Frontier (which was not present in the original GSC either save for the Battle Tower), you might as well add Contests as another diversion.

I was also hoping for Poketch Apps like the PokeRadar to be utilized in a different manner on the PokeGear...

And there's nothing wrong with the Sevii Islands in 3D (not the event ones, the regularly accessible ones)! :) They could have possibly set up a better TR expansion plot like in FR/LG, and could have given us backstory on where Lorelei and Agatha are now. You could have Agatha visiting Lorelei for tea or something, and have a double battle against them...?

The complete omission of Leaf just annoys me. Really, would it be that hard to swap out Red's sprite and name if a female was playing? It seems sort of sexist if only Red is included at Mount Silver and Leaf isn't (who was clearly also in FR/LG).

Too bad Kris didn't get a cameo. I was hoping that she could at least pop up as Elm's lab assistant or something... :)

For me though, if anything, I would have liked for HG/SS to have included Pokémon Contests. I know we have the Pokéathlon to take its place, and it is a fun feature in the game, but the more the better right?

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Anyway, I thought that the empty lot in Vermillion City would have made a pretty basic and suited spot for a Contest building.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] Sadly, it was never done. :\

Awesome idea; that would've been a great use for the area!

Secret Bases are definitely not a waste of time if you know the advantages of them. For example, when you mix records with another RSE cart, the Secret Base of that cart shows up on your own, and whatever Pokemon where in the party of that cart at the time are available for you to battle either once a day, or once every time you mix records. I would have 6 Lv100 Blissey with no offensive moves in one cart, mix records, and then be able to battle them and gain 5464 Exp Points for each one, 8196 Exp Points for each if your Pokemon is traded or holding a Lucky Egg, and 12,294 Exp Points for each one if your Pokemon is traded AND holding a Lucky Egg. That is inbetween 32,784 and 73,764 Exp Points in about 10 minutes. Include 5 Pokemon that are holding Exp Share and it makes it even that much more invaluable.

Thank goodness you, too, know the true value of Secret Bases! (I've been planning to do the Blissey thing, but it's sort of tedious, and getting a Lucky Egg in FR/LG, let alone catching a Blissey, takes forever, or at least a very long time.) Hopefully, Secret Bases can make a full-fledged return in their Emerald incarnation in Generation V! (would've been nice to see Secret Bases in Johto and Kanto, though...)

Last edited:
    Years
    i wish after you beat red for the 2nd time he returns home,cuz according to his mother,she doesnt even know where he is

also itd b kinda cool if like on your way to the top of mt silver it has every trainer from all the pkmn games aftert hey became champion who ud have to beat to get tto the top andbeat red,so itd b like the kid from DP,then Ruby from RSE,then your rival Silver,and then Blue,then ultimately Red

She's the female main character in FRLG.
    i always thought her name was Green because thats her name in the manga,or Blue in the japanese version

oh and finally i wish that when yu surf it wouldnt be some like downgraded version of what seems to be a wailmer,i wish if u sirf on agyarados,itd b a gyarados,if u surf on a swampert,itd b a swampert,also i wish that when your pokemon get to an evolution level in battle,they dont wait till the battles over to evolve,cuz just like in the show,a mid battle evolution makes it more epic and turns the tide of the battle,that was always something ive wanted to see in a pkmn game

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    i always thought her name was Green because thats her name in the manga,or Blue in the japanese version

Gamewise, she's called Leaf, mangawise, Green/Blue or whatever you'd prefer(I prefer calling her Green in the manga.)

NatureKeeper

1- Contests
    2- Wanted Hoenn to actually be in the game, since, well, I want to see Hoenn in full 3D. However, due to some reason and evidence, I believe Hoenn MIGHT be in the game's code, although not sure. Maybe there is an event activating Hoenn?

We'll never know.

Back