• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    to be honest.
    I like Lyra. But I would like to see Kris in the game. again.
    I know the "Crystal" remake is unlikely. But a guy.. i mean a fan can dream can they Dx.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    I really liked the 'Secret Bases' in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, but they don't seem to have put that in any other games at all. So sad... :(

Years
    Did they really pull a 4kid in these games when they got rid of the slot machines because it promoted gambling or did they honestly just want to implement the new system?
    They got rid of the slot machines because of EU anti-gambling regulations. Due to the EU regulations Nintendo decided to remove the slot machines from all international versions. The slot machines are available in the Japanese version.

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
    Years
    Wait, what? It really did that?
    Yup. One star, you had Gym Leader music. Two, you had Elite Four music. Three, you had Frontier Brain music.
    I think that's how it went, all I remember was how hardcore it was that when my friends battled me they'd hear ultra-epic gym leader music.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    They got rid of the slot machines because of EU anti-gambling regulations. Due to the EU regulations Nintendo decided to remove the slot machines from all international versions. The slot machines are available in the Japanese version.

GOD THAT SUCKS. >_< I can't even win 100 coins in the new game! It frustrates the heck outta me!

I missed the slot machines/CHEATING and just BUYING all the coins you needed, and the Vs. Seeker (that's in addition to my earlier post...).

Once they finish with the next generation of pokemon (or the one after that... or the one after that one... or even the 9th, 10th, or 782,304th generation. Seriously. Getting tired of this too.), they oughta create one "final" or "comprehensive" game that has you start out in Kanto (or maybe even an option to start in whichever land you want to [i.e. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, etc]), and work your way all across the "world" to these different gyms. And include the Orange Islands, and others.

Just one, massive, epically awesome game.

My only thought on that would be how to end it? >_>; Y'know, the big "Grande Finale!" Because, surely, you'd beat the Elite Four before finishing, but there'd have to be something else. Maybe all of the Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic/etc Bosses teaming up in one final battle to take over the world and only you can stop them from utilizing ______ (whichever pokemon is then currently known as the "Ultimate" pokemon) to destroy/take over the world.

Aie, who knows. Sorry for the really long post... This all got me to thinking. ^-^;

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Once we learned about the leader in the party following you, I had expected to see us surfing on the specific water-types (not that black blob) or whatever too. 8( I suppose that will be further down the road... *sighs*

DarkPikaMan

Dah Koolest Guy Evah! LOLZEEZ!
    Years
    I would like to see red have more of a reason not just to stay up in mt silver, and I also wanted to team up with lance against my rival an claire
    It would've been so much cooler if he was in random places like gym leaders, he played a part in the story and him instead of Lance helped defeat Team Rocket

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    I have yet to see a black trainer or black main character so thats what im kind of annoyed with we get white trainers but no black guys

The main reason why we don't get dark-skinned people is because is was originally made for Asian people, where as they have pale-skinned people.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    I have yet to see a black trainer or black main character so thats what im kind of annoyed with we get white trainers but no black guys

I'll be honest, I was thinking the same thing, but Muffin's post is pretty much the answer to that... But, seriously, there's black people in Japan and Asia. O_o At least when I went there were... Not a TON, but at least here-and-there

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I just wish we could finnaly have SOME kind of character custimazation, like choose between a few styles of clothes at the begging before you leave your house, like you wake up, and before you leave your room you go and pick an outfit.
    And then once you beat the main game, you can go back home and change your outfit whenever you want, and also you could unlock outfits throughout the game. Like Unlocking a Rocket outfit.

Years
    i wanted youngster ben to say "I like shorts" again
    there was no secret bases either
    i wish there was more to Red too, he doesn't even say anything

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    I was expecting a marriage system for hg/ss -_-' too bad there are more kids than adults playing it...
    Or is that the other way around...hmmmm

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    I was expecting a marriage system for hg/ss -_-' too bad there are more kids than adults playing it...
    Or is that the other way around...hmmmm
    No one really knows, most people think that "DS and DS Games aimed for kids" but then again most of the DS users I meet are 18-30. lol

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Did anyone else notice that Nurse Joy no longer says, "We hope to see you again?" Now, she says "Please, come back again any time!"

I expected her to say "We hope to see you again." XD I like the change.

i noticed that too, i woundered if it was considered "negative thinking." lol.
    but it does sound better

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    I would have liked to eventually be able to fly directly between Johto and Kanto without using the train.

Last edited:

ThatsTakao

Hiya!
    Years
    Despite the fact that there were never secret bases, I wish HG & SS had them, because getting people's secret bases of Wi-Fi would have been amazing.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    i wish there was more to Red too, he doesn't even say anything
    Red doesn't say anything because he was a silent protaganist in Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, & LeafGreen. He is essentially meant to be you from the last games. Besides, ellipses are badass.

I think it would've been cool if Red & Blue's names would've changed into what you named them in FireRed/LeafGreen if you had that game in your GBA slot while playing. It also would've been cool if he changed to Leaf if you chose to play as a girl in FRLG.

Back