• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010

It's an egg in Crystal that has a high chance of being a Shiny Baby Pokemon. It's given by the DayCare people.

and RSE did suck. Berries were nice, but G/S/C invented to concept of a plant that grew something on it (apricorns) so RSE can't be credited for that really. The only thing I liked that was introduced with RSE was abilities, natures, and double battles. The rest introduced in RSE is worthless, unless you really like in-game contests, but I'm speaking competitively. Compared to the second generation, which added held items, genders, breeding, shiny Pokemon, PokeRus, etc., RSE is crap.

But this isn't an RSE vs G/S/C thread :P

I'd like to have seen Kris in-game; the backsprite and trainer card sprite of Lyra is cute, but the overworld is terrible.

Also would have liked to see higher wild Pokemon levels. I'm 44 training on 22s. Not working well.
    One thing you are right about is this was never intentioned to be a RSE vs GSC thread. While Gen II did introduce some seriously good concepts likes growing things, held items, and breeding, you cannot deny that each of those things were better in RSE. Breeding especially was improved drastically in Emerald. I don't think I can even list all the improvements that were made in that game alone! The Everstone helping control the nature is definitely one of the best, along with the Flame Body ability cutting the needed steps to hatch an egg almost in half!! You have berries that reduce EVs and I already mentioned the incredible benefit of Secret Bases. All of these things helped greatly in competitive battling. Anyone who thinks RSE "sucks", I just can't believe they were getting the full benefit of the game, or are just talking about the in-game storyline and gameplay, which I will whole-heartedly agree was far inferior to GSC. For true competitive battling though, Emerald has no equal.

Years
  • And it would have been cool if they added the random wifi battle like in battle revolution.

No, it's 15% recycled from DP. It's 90% recycled from Pt.

Also, I said that no need for Orange Islands, it was for anime and manga (and that's a big if) only. We don't like them, really, and if you want them, play a hack, Pokemon Naranja.

And, RSE was, by far, one of THE BEST Pokemon games ever made.

Oh, yes. I loved the egg. Wasn't it 50% in JP and 12.5% everywhere else? I never got a shiny from that egg... wah. But I love it.
    I really only do the battle tower, but it still felt lazy to me.

and i would give up all of the dopey mini games for the orange league any day.

RSE was a breakthrough with graphics. and it added abilities and the secret bases were cool, but it had barely any replay value. it was just boring imo :p

Last edited:

Skitty Crazy

I want cake.
    Years
  • I agree with your thoughts on Red's sprite. I never liked him with brown hair, it doesn't look as classic as his black-haired counterpart.

I WOULD have liked to see the Sevii Islands, though. I didn't like 'em much in FRLG, but they could have done something interesting with them. Of course, it's obvious the Islands wouldn't be in the game either way, since we get so much land. xD

Hmmm... I don't like the new Daycare. I know it's a small thing, but I always really liked the GSC DayCare.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I think Sevii would have made a nice touch. Why didn't the developers use the 2Gb cartridge, why? And why is the team consisting of seven people that got credit (by being in Celadon)

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    It would be kind of fun to see Red appear in more than one place, and each time you find him, and defeat him, you could get a prize or something.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    My friend got up to Red and was defeated by him without standing a chance. I trained, but he still have level 80 Crobat. Now, I want a larger Mt. Moon, larger Mt. Silver, and Red going up from level 70 to 100 every time you battle him and his levels go up by 5 and his roster changes in some way, from EVs and IVs, to moves, or Pokemon entirely.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I think Sevii would have made a nice touch. Why didn't the developers use the 2Gb cartridge, why? And why is the team consisting of seven people that got credit (by being in Celadon)
    They didn't use the bigger cartridge because then they would have to justify why the game is so limited. We could have ALL the regions and actual graphics instead of shaking sprites. I know I would have paid extra for a better product.

What disappoints me is they can add a graphic when you stop riding your bike and the character puts their foot down (instead of balancing), but they can't add a line of code that would have the "Elite" Four recognize you as the champ when you battled them again.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
  • 2) I was hoping that the overall levels for the wild Pokemon of Kanto would run with the storyline, even though I knew that wouldn't make sense...

...Yeah... I kinda got bored trying to train in Kanto, so I ended up going back to VR to train, which is getting tedious being in the 60's-70's... >_>

I guess maybe they could have combated that by adding more trainers in the routes/gyms? Or maybe having Team Rocket continuing to be evident (i.e. Silph Co, and such like the original games). I think it would have been kinda cool to just extend/elaborate with that...

And maybe not make the whole Gym Leader rebattle thing so complicated? Maybe it's not complicated for y'all, but with my schedule, it sucks. >_<

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
    Years
  • The changing of your battle music according to how many stars your trainer card had, like they did back in 3rd gen.
    That was epic.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I'll like to see Red in the whole game (yeah, since you're in Johto until you fought him in Mt. Silver),sometimes battling you, sometimes helping you; when you're in Mt. Silver and have the final fight his Super Team, but when you find in, let's say, Mahogany Town, have a new team matching the levels of yours, come on he's the champion, he need to train all kind of Pkmn to be prepared =)
    Also, i've been doing little things in hack roms and i planing a hack when you cand find all the mainly trainers in the games and i like that HG/SS have this, with Leaf, Crystal and the others one (maybe May, brendan and all the others trainers) =)

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    It would also be really awesome if you could create multiple save files, even though that would take up quite a bit of space.

I would sacrifice the animated gifs of the pokemon for that.

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I feel like I wanna say that SS and HG are the best pokemon games there are, and they probably are, but they still have a lot missing or that needs to be added imo. For one, getting rid of the VS. Seeker makes it annoying to EV train, as if it wasn't annoying as it is. Another thing that slightly annoyed me was how low leveled the wild pokemon were. You can't really level off them going through the story and once you hit Kanto its a pain to try to catch them all without killing them. I also think they should have kept the poke radar because shinies already have low chances, why give us a taste of the radar just to get rid of it. Otherwise I love this game, the colored stats makes getting the right nature for a certain poke that much easier and quicker.

Did they really pull a 4kid in these games when they got rid of the slot machines because it promoted gambling or did they honestly just want to implement the new system?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    i wanted that if you had fire red or leaf green in your ds at the same time that you battle red that he woud have your party whit the lvls that his pokemons are now

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Imagine they put in the Villa thing from Platinum where you customize your house and Gym Leaders come into your house, and if you could battle the Gym Leaders that come to your house, that would've been sick.

Kuni Kagami

Keen eye trainer
    Years
  • I'll like to see Red in the whole game (yeah, since you're in Johto until you fought him in Mt. Silver),sometimes battling you, sometimes helping you; when you're in Mt. Silver and have the final fight his Super Team, but when you find in, let's say, Mahogany Town, have a new team matching the levels of yours, come on he's the champion, he need to train all kind of Pkmn to be prepared =)
    Also, i've been doing little things in hack roms and i planing a hack when you cand find all the mainly trainers in the games and i like that HG/SS have this, with Leaf, Crystal and the others one (maybe May, brendan and all the others trainers) =)
    Haha sounds alot like lance.

Back