• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do to feel happy?

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I always go through a mood where I feel amazing for two weeks, and then plummet down to the ground, becoming a 'Negative Nancy'. I'm rather bored of feeling bad, but I can't stop the physical feeling of my gut being sunken.

Thus, I ask thee, what do you do to feel better?
    Or what makes you happy in general. And please, don't just say 'My friends'. :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I'm never truly happy, mostly content; but to escape the pangs of reality I watch cartoons / surf le web. I find that switching things around, whether that entails renovating my entire room or just changing the look of my profile, distracts me from stress.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Uh, nothing. When I'm in a bad mood it just wears off eventually. I don't try to make myslef happy because then its artificial happy and not real. It's like someone you know who thinks you like them but you don't, when they smile at you, that fake smile you give back. It isnt satisfying.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Dress up as a fairy. Always.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    Friends. You gotta' have friends! Also, make sure at least one of your friends studies law. That way you get a free lawyer in later life! Saves you a fortune!

Banter. Communication is the foundations of everything us humans call "humanity". Even a short chat with a person you don't often talk to is a great mood lifter.

Relaxing drinks. Alchohol is good in moderation but for a real pick-me-up you need something more cuddly. The 7-armed corporate leviathan that is Starbucks dosn't seem quite so evil once you've tasted the Caramel Creme.

Sleep. Often when I am down, the root of the problem is a lack of sleep. The one thing about sleep though is that its awfully time consuming and at times I can't just make room for it. Shame really.

Romance. It can be painful at times, but when you're with someone you have true feelings for then you are elated without limit, unlike drink and video games. It is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

Video Games. You may be surprised to know that the vast majority of people here have played a pokemon game at some point. Games are a form of escapism, who cares about the poor financial index when you're completely owning Bowser on Super Mario Galaxy or infantry-rushing Russia in Red Alert 3 or mini-nuking supermutants in Fallout 3 or conquering the world as Montezuma in Civilisation 4. Games are longer, cheaper and more fun than ever so get yourself into a game.

Books. "I cannot live without books". That's what Tommy Jefferson said. And he's right you know. Books, like video games, offer an escape route from our harsh real-world environment into a lush paradise of thought. Unlike video games however, books tend to make one think more. I recommend people read Lanark, 1984, Sputnik Caledonia, Brave New World, Animal Farm, A Clockwork Orange, To Kill A Mockingbird... my book recomendations list is almost endless. Pick up a book. Do it! Do it!

Music. My ultimate pleasure. I just love music with a passion. Anyone you dosn't like some form of music is truly cold indeed. Music tells us there is something in us all. You can call it art. You can call it spirit. Whatever you choose to call it, it reminds us all that we are actually not automatons, dominated by fate, but feeling, expressive beings who all deep-down long to be loved. That is why music for me is my direct route to happiness.

So there you have it, what makes me tick. There are a few others (art, humour, weather etc.) but I don't want to bore anyone. You should all find out what makes you happy. Remember my catchphrase:

"Try everything once, except incest and folk dancing."

Cheers.

~The Cynic~

Years
    I forget about myself. I don't mean I pretend to be someone else necessarily, but I'll do whatever lets me not think about myself, whatever doesn't remind me of my condition. Usually I just read books and watch movies and try to get engrossed in the characters and stories so I don't have to think about reality. Reality is my biggest hindrance to feeling happy.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Not much.
    I would let it cool off, or I usually have a guitar that i'd play,
    That usually keeps me happy for a few minutes..

Pink Cashmere

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    Adjust my attitude. If I'm just sitting there feeling bad for myself, I'm not going to get rid of the negative feelings as quickly. :/ And my bad moods usually come from negative thoughts, so I just annihilate them until I feel better and my bad mood isn't clouding my judgement.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    When I know I'm kinda down, and wanna get into a happier mood then I usually focus on something that I like, to take my attention off of things. This normally involves playing Persona, Kingdom Hearts, or some random MMO that I'm into at the time. I also talk to friends, and that normally cheers me eventually. :3

'Talking to friends' also includes being on PC, since I have friends on here too.

Sometimes I post around a bit.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    I don't usually get in bad moods. So I guess I'm always happy. Just lucky I guess. But when I do get in a bad mood >:( I usually just eat or play video games or something.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    talking to my friends, playing my ds and other stuff ussually

mvtm

Years
    I laugh a lot, and hug plenty of people. People do care for me, and treat me really well. The only way i feel happy is.. well feeling loved and cared, that well makes the day for me.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    My friends :D

*shot*

But really, they do.

When I have a crappy day, I can tell them and they go out of their way to cheer me up and I always return it.

Happiness imo dies out when you keep it to yourself. You gotta share it n3n

Back