• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't like to see new TM's or HM's either. It would be best if they leave all new things for the 5th generation.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    Well, I don't want the PokeGear or apricorns replaced. I don't want the new generation Pokemon in it. There isn't much I don't want. I'm pretty happy right now with the fact that there is a remake. I'll probably come back once we find out more.

Years
    I really don't want them to make the game so easy like the last time, with no real boss to team rocket and with an E4 weaker than yellow's gym leaders.
    I also don't want them to escape from answering questions like what happened to Agatha, the Legendaries birds and other.
    Also, if the player would return to Johto(which I hope he won't), I wouldn't like it to be the sloppy empty Kanto from GSC.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    I'd rather not see Third and Fourth Gen Pokemon. Just the evolutions and baby forms.

WHAT? Including Prevos and Evos past the 2nd Gen would be nothing but bad! Have you SEEN Tangrowth?

I don't want this game to have ANY semblance to D/P/Pt apart from some overworld graphics.
    Especially the wild battle music (For God's sake Nintendo, stop rehashing the same battle song from RSE and DPPt)

I don't want a full kanto. We had that in Fr/Lg, so PLEASE Nintendo, find some excuse to not include Kanto.

Silver Mountain, however, was pretty dang cool.

Hmm. I dunno what else to say.
    But I stress the first one. For the love of CRAP, I don't want the 4th generation in these games.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I don't want to have my hand held throughout the entire game like Diamond and Pearl. Back in my day if you didn't have a certain HM or didn't catch an exact important piece of detail, you were screwed unless you bought a walkthrough. L_L

D/P/Pt seemed like Nintendo intentionally made it to easy...I would at least like to see a more challenging Pokemon game :/

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I don't want the Gym Leaders to keep the same Pokémon and levels. They were pretty easy to beat...

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I don't know about you guys but I never want to hear the low HP "dinging" noise

Years
    WHAT? Including Prevos and Evos past the 2nd Gen would be nothing but bad! Have you SEEN Tangrowth?

I don't want this game to have ANY semblance to D/P/Pt apart from some overworld graphics.
    Especially the wild battle music (For God's sake Nintendo, stop rehashing the same battle song from RSE and DPPt)

I don't want a full kanto. We had that in Fr/Lg, so PLEASE Nintendo, find some excuse to not include Kanto.

Silver Mountain, however, was pretty dang cool.

Hmm. I dunno what else to say.
    But I stress the first one. For the love of CRAP, I don't want the 4th generation in these games.

I agree with...oh wow everything you just said. If Kanto was to be a full region, that would just be overpowering Johto. The original game was to introduce Johto, and have Kanto as a side quest. I don't want Kanto to overpower Johto. It's just an extra. Be happy that Kanto was there. It doesn't need to be "full." I wish people would stop begging for the safari zone reopened. I wouldn't want that. They put all the good pokemon in there and then they have Nidorans all over the place. I rather catch good pokemon somewhere else. If people want to play in the "safari zone," I suggest they play their FR/Lg alongside HG/SS. As for me, I like the bug catching contests better. A lot of good pokemon can be caught early on: Butterfree, Beedrill, Pinsir, Scyther, Paras, Venonat....and you win a SUN STONE as the first prize so you can get either a Sunflora or a Bellossom. Bug Catching contests were great! (IMO)

As for PatJamma, I totally agree with you about that "dinging" noise w/ the low HP. I think it's just to remind the trainer that their HP is low. But the bad thing is that you have nothing to restore the HP, so it's like -ding ding ding ding- ahhhh! I'd rather hear the battle music than hear the "ding" overpower it. If anything, they should tone it down if they want to keep the dinging sound.

I don't want to see DP balls replace the Apricorn Balls. Lure Ball is better than Net Ball Imo. I don't want Kurt to take a day to give me a new ball. I don't want to wait until I get to Ecruteak, and then remember that I have to get a ball from Kurt. Though, I do like that feature. I want them to keep the Apricorns.

I don't want anything like the Sevii Islands, either, like Gerry said. That was irritating. (Though, I highly doubt they would put the Sevii Islands in the remake seeing as that was a FRLG thing.)

Last edited:

Finnel

Years
    I don't want wild 4th Gen Pokémon, we've already had three whole games for those. I could tolerate wild 3rd Gen Pokémon, though I'd prefer if they were spread out and they only appeared after you got the national dex.

I also don't want them to change any music, but they've already changed New Bark Town too much. (Slowed down considerably, bad instruments, removed old, awesome bass and replaced with a dull, bad-sounding one? AAAAAARGH)

Ace_McPhail

Dancing Mad
    Years
    Personally, I want a full AND extended Johto, and a full Kanto, but meh that's just me.
    Hp dinging - no. Just no. For the love of god Nintendo, no. But they will. -_-
    4th Gen pokemon - I actually wouldn't mind that, but they better not put in the 5th gen pokemon. That would ruin it
    Resemblance to Sinnoh - No. I actually prefer 2D graphics, but 3D isn't too bad. Make it look different, but nothing like Sinnoh
    Pokegear - Definitely a keeper. They better not replace it with that s***** Poketch. Ugh, the beeps still haunt me.
    Seeing Pokemon to complete Dex - . . . .__.
    OH and finally, no herendously huge learning curve from the E4 to Lance...
    (remembers the time he nearly broke the game from throwing his GBC into the floor* >___>

- Ace_McPhail

Years
    I don't want any opponent to use an item to restore HP. It aggravates me when they use it when they have small HP left and I was so close to beating them. To make matters worse, that was the last attack move I have that does damage, and the only other attack I could use is something useless like Splash. I really don't want Lance to constantly restore his Pokemon. I'd rather just have him gain a few levels for some difficulty. I would like to see some more trainers on the way to Indigo Plateau so I can level up a Pokemon I caught in Ice Cave to beat Lance with.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I agree with...oh wow everything you just said. If Kanto was to be a full region, that would just be overpowering Johto. The original game was to introduce Johto, and have Kanto as a side quest. I don't want Kanto to overpower Johto. It's just an extra. Be happy that Kanto was there. It doesn't need to be "full." I wish people would stop begging for the safari zone reopened. I wouldn't want that. They put all the good pokemon in there and then they have Nidorans all over the place. I rather catch good pokemon somewhere else. If people want to play in the "safari zone," I suggest they play their FR/Lg alongside HG/SS. As for me, I like the bug catching contests better. A lot of good pokemon can be caught early on: Butterfree, Beedrill, Pinsir, Scyther, Paras, Venonat....and you win a SUN STONE as the first prize so you can get either a Sunflora or a Bellossom. Bug Catching contests were great! (IMO)
    Well...that's your opinion, I suppose. I don't quite agree that a non-downsized Kanto would be overpowering Johto though - even if it was back the the regular size that it was in all of the other games, I'd still prefer Johto.

Speaking for myself (and maybe some others?), it's not so much the case that I like Kanto so much that I don't want it to be small again, but rather that I prefer playing through Kanto when it isn't downsized, simply. Going through the downsized routes and all - those parts did feel flat and unfinished, like something was missing, when I went there the first playthrough, and the whatever-number-it-was playthrough. Before I had even played RBY, even. Things suddenly closed and gown down - it was like Kanto had a recession, rather than improving after Team Rocket had disbanded 3 years ago.

I would also like to see the Safari Zone back (it had been originally closed partly because of the Gltich City in RBY - they simply took out the door so you couldn't go there), but I also liked the Bug Catching competition and personally would like to see both back.

Note also that Kanto hadn't been downsized as it was the 'side' region or quest-place here, but rather due to memory constraints, by all reports - stuff didn't fit in, hence why stuff was smaller and all. It wasn't meant to be to Johto what, say, the Sevii Islands was to itself - for the most part it had what was in RBY, just minus a few sections. And given they apparently will now have that memory space to use (and potentially more), I don't see much of a reason why they should go and downsize Kanto. But yay for differing opinions - this one is merely mine. =)
    As for PatJamma, I totally agree with you about that "dinging" noise w/ the low HP. I think it's just to remind the trainer that their HP is low. But the bad thing is that you have nothing to restore the HP, so it's like -ding ding ding ding- ahhhh! I'd rather hear the battle music than hear the "ding" overpower it. If anything, they should tone it down if they want to keep the dinging sound.
    Same here - the noise tends to get annoying a bit too quickly for my likeing, and I'm not one to tend to forget that my Pokemon's HP is in the red either when playing with sound off for whatever reason.

I don't want to see DP balls replace the Apricorn Balls. Lure Ball is better than Net Ball Imo. I don't want Kurt to take a day to give me a new ball. I don't want to wait until I get to Ecruteak, and then remember that I have to get a ball from Kurt. Though, I do like that feature. I want them to keep the Apricorns.
    Problem may be though that trading new items to D/P/Pt won't be possible... I would like to see the Apricorns and the balls made from them back, but they may well have to implement something with them then, if they do bring them back.

Years

Complete agreement here. Or even worse...Lickilicky. *shudder* Stupid name, even stupider looking Pokémon.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want Kanto to be a full region...being able to go to another region was what made G/S/C the best generation IMO. I remember being very disappointed with R/S because they didn't allow us to go to a different region. I'd definitely like to see Kanto fleshed out in this game.

I don't want Houndour to be encounterable only in Kanto...that didn't make sense, anyway. I also don't want Silver's past left in complete mystery (okay, I know that he was Giovanni's son in the manga, but the manga ≠ the games, and while it's still likely that's true in the games, I'd like some confirmation). I don't want Giovanni to be a central figure in the plot yet never make an appearance.

Years
    The reason why I said that I don't want Kanto be full earlier is because Gold was the first pokemon game I ever played and Johto is my favorite region. It would just feel weird for me because there is already FRLG. The second pokemon game I played was Red version, so it felt odd seeing all the things that GSC got rid of. I don't know. (It was 1am when I posted earlier and I just woke up from a nightmare, but no excuses. A post is there to be seen and quoted.) I don't exactly know for sure now whether I want it to be full or not. I wouldn't mind if it was "full."

I don't want to see the guy from FRLG in Mount Silver as "Red." He's not the real Red. I want to see the REAL Red. The original Red from RBY. That's who I want to battle. I wouldn't mind battling the FRLG guy instead of Cal, though, or maybe we could battle both.

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
    I don't want it to have bad graphics and I also don't want same music used in pokemon diamond/pearl to be used in Heart Gold and Soul Silver :);)

DarthWaffles

IS A FIRIN' HIS LAZAR
    Years
    I hope the Elite Four aren't a complete pushover. Nor do I want to see wild Pokemon fleeing, unless they're a legendary that runs and runs and runs and runs and apparently never runs out of breath.

And a small Kanto. Kanto is the original was just a huge block of land and gyms seemingly put randomly. I know its based off the RBY maps, but seriously, it just didn't look right.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I wonder what they are gonna do about the berries. in gsc they was on trees that grew berries each day. now they berry trees disappear after you pick them

Back