• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Play Pokemon on?

What do you play Pokemon On? (choose as many as needed)

• Gameboy/ Gameboy Advance

Votes: 49 65.3%
  • Computer

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • iPod Touch

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other (Please state below)

Votes: 42 56.0%

• Total voters

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    GBA SP, Occasionaly the original, phat GB just for the retro experience, PC for some hacks, but mostly, on the DS, with an emulator to play the older GB/GBC games, and an extra GBA flashcart for playing hacks on.

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I play on my electric blue fat DS,..I do not play on emulators

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I first played them on my GBA, but now I pretty much gave it o my brother, so now he has it, but I occasionally steal it when he doesn't have it (AKA isn't home or is sleeping) and play Yellow on it =3

I also have Pearl, so obviously I have a DS as well.

I have yet to find a copy of Crystal, so I play it on an emulator. (I dun leiks playing as a dude unless it's AFTER I play as the girl)

Champio30

Pokemon: Team Alpha's Revenge
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2014
    Lol i've tried to get emulator on psp. Anyways, My first play was pokemon gold, it was too cool.

Crimson Arcanine

The majestic and mythical
    Years
    Prefer to use my GBA(For my one of my yellow versions and gold version, my crystal, blue and other yellow versions all have problems)/DS when I can.

I only use emulators when its just too difficult to get hold of the games the most legal way.

And of course I can't forget my Wii since I sometimes play PBR on that.

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
    I don't use emulators... I play with my DS lite and N64 (Pokémon Stadium). I've never liked emulators, I've tried some a couple of times but the originals tend to beat them hands down!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why isnt the DS a choice. You are the only one who plays it on Ipod Touch. I play all my GBAs on DS too.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Partly computer and partly GBA/DS. The reason why is because Pokemon's one of the few franchises I actually feel compelled to buy, so I like supporting them by getting the games. That and it's easier to port around a GBA or DS while I'm traveling than it would be an entire laptop.

However, I do like to download ROMs to play, partly to test things out before I buy, partly because PPP challenges are fun, and partly because the speed button is an awesome invention.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I use a Game Boy or DS. I've used emulators before but its never been my main way of playing (I used emulators to play Gold for I found my Crystal and then I downloaded Pt but didn't get to play because it didn't work and I was too lazy to fix it). I tried installing Pokemon RB on my cellphone, but the Java app kept crashing.

Years
    I only played pokemon games that I was hacking on visualboy advance but I play my games on my GB/GBA/DS/GameCube/Wii.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I use my GBA for trading/battling on the Gen3 games and every now and then to play Silver on, but usually I'm on my DS

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    I play on my DS mainly, but I do use my ancient Game Boy (Yes... I mean the gray block. It still works!) for the originals. >.>;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Yeah why isn't the DS an option. o_O; I'd add it but a ton of people have already voted so it's probably pointless by now

These days I find it hard to even play a TV console game, let alone a handheld game on a computer, so emulation is pointless for me. I play all GB/C games on my GBA SP. For all DS and GBA games, I use my DS. For any other games, I use the systems they were made for, I guess. :P

As long as I own the game I play them on ROMs as well. I don't really prefer to erase my old GB/GBA savefiles.

As far as I know it isn't a crime as long as you own the game, but I might be wrong.

What I make out of this is that you can have it and use it on the computer as long as it's a backup of a game that you own (I own the titles that I have on my computer).
    Besides, the whole legislation is very diffuse.
    Morally speaking, as long as you own the game it shouldn't be a problem.
    Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROM_image
    No, it's illegal regardless. Think of it this way: if you were that dead set against deleting your old save file, you'd go out and buy a new cartridge and play that. So they're still losing money.

A BACK UP implies that you own the cartridge, yes, but it also implies that your back up is an exact copy of what you own. Since you're using your ROM to have different save files, it's no longer a back up.

Not to mention Nintendo themselves have said that stuff everyone says like, "it's okay so long as you delete it within 24 hours" or "it's okay so long as I already own it" isn't true.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I play it mainly on Game boy, but I also play it on VBA, DS, etc...

Back