• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think is above Elm's lab?

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    I have no idea if it's been said, but in Pokemon Special, there was a second floor, where Gold and Silver battled.

Maybe that's where you battle your rival for the first time?

Alec_

Years
  • I just read something in a magazine or in the internet. That Professor's Elm Laboratory got a 2nd floor!. But im not sure about it. But i also saw some screenshots going upstairs on the 2nd floor.

~Fairytales.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I bet after you complete the Johto Dex 100% he will give you either kanto or hoenn starters

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Maybe its an egg room. Where he studies pokemon eggs.
    Since that was what begins your journey it fits in.

I think I have a theory. Elm probably has a room upstairs where he studies the eggs, so he is probably studying about the eggs while Silver is stealing a Pokemon from his downstairs lab. That is why Elm gives his aide the egg to the player early on in the game. Later on, I'm not sure if he's going to give the player another egg, or if he's going to give a Hoenn starter? I'm assuming that he is going to instead give us a Kanto starter because Gamefreak is probably almost done with the fifth gen and might be making remakes of Ruby and of Sapphire.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think I have a theory. Elm probably has a room upstairs where he studies the eggs, so he is probably studying about the eggs while Silver is stealing a Pokemon from his downstairs lab. That is why Elm gives his aide the egg to the player early on in the game. Later on, I'm not sure if he's going to give the player another egg, or if he's going to give a Hoenn starter? I'm assuming that he is going to instead give us a Kanto starter because Gamefreak is probably almost done with the fifth gen and might be making remakes of Ruby and of Sapphire.

This idea is probably, along with a lot of other ideas. I think it is definitely a way of following the manga a bit more and making more sense on how Silver got to steal one of the starters. Though, if it is an egg lab, then I don't know how it can be an egg of one of the starters. The reason why is because there are three, and if it is one of the other Odd Eggs, then it'll be disappointing, as not everyone will get the starter they may want. Anyway, these are just basic speculations, we'll end up finding out sooner or later as news of the game begins to explore more within detail and storyline.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think it's a mysterious room that somehow darkens the storyline up, so it gives the player a slightly disturbin feeling, well for older people anyway, kids will most likely just look in, find nothing of interest and move out...

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Hey is this in G/S/C remakes if it is i would say:
    A very long long long long etc. way to a black hole of doom
    heres the real one:
    A stairway to his reasearch or pokemon identifiening chamber.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    This idea is probably, along with a lot of other ideas. I think it is definitely a way of following the manga a bit more and making more sense on how Silver got to steal one of the starters. Though, if it is an egg lab, then I don't know how it can be an egg of one of the starters. The reason why is because there are three, and if it is one of the other Odd Eggs, then it'll be disappointing, as not everyone will get the starter they may want. Anyway, these are just basic speculations, we'll end up finding out sooner or later as news of the game begins to explore more within detail and storyline.

Maybe the eggs are like in the anime ,with each egg having different patterns depending on the Pokemon that's within. I think that Elm will let us choose what egg we can have after the National Dex is acquired, so we could be able to choose which Pokemon we want because of the unique colors and patterns associated with that specific species.

I think that once we get into Kanto that we are going to get Kanto starters and once we defeat the Elite 4 there, then maybe Hoenn starters.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe the eggs are like in the anime ,with each egg having different patterns depending on the Pokemon that's within. I think that Elm will let us choose what egg we can have after the National Dex is acquired, so we could be able to choose which Pokemon we want because of the unique colors and patterns associated with that specific species.

I think that once we get into Kanto that we are going to get Kanto starters and once we defeat the Elite 4 there, then maybe Hoenn starters.

It'll definitely be interesting to see them use different colored eggs instead of the same green and white ones, but I don't know really. It seems more of a wishful thinking idea with this concept. As for going from the Kanto Starters to choosing the Hoenn Starters next, I wouldn't be too sure if they'll go that far. I don't know, but either it being his new house or it following the manga line is more of where I am thinking it'll turn out to be.

what pic are you talking about

As for the picture, here is what everyone is talking about. you'll notice the stairs leading to the next story of Elm's lab.

Spoiler:

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2014
    oh that pic... well how do you know its his lab nintendo sed it was just a screenshot?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    oh that pic... well how do you know its his lab nintendo sed it was just a screenshot?

Everyone can tell that it is Prof. Elm's lab because for one it is in the same location of the original Lab that was in Gold and Silver. Not to mention we have Silver standing by the side, who ends up stealing one of the starters from the lab as well. All this adds up telling us it is the lab belonging to Prof. Elm and the location to which we choose our Johto starter.

well the houses down below are new and how do u no that silva

@ Post below: You can basically tell that it's Silver with his red hair. Not to mention he is standing in the same place [next to the lab] as he was just like back in the Original Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Last edited:

muzzyguy

When disaster strikes!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2014
    well the houses down below are new and how do u no that silva

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
  • Remakes of Ruby and Sapphire? I actually doubt about that.
    You know, Ruby and Sapphire are actually the games that I like the least. If they make remakes about them I wouldn't get them. Personal opinion, only.

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
    Years
  • As I see it, there are two possibilities.
    1. An upper floor for at-home research and rest.
    2. A Giant pancake factory.
    2.01 Another giant pancake factory.
    2.02 All of the dead bodies of pokemon that have accumulated from every game, and he forgot to break the stairs down so nobody can reach them like in G/S/C

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Time Machine or something related to an unknown event.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2009
    a meth lab jk maybe after you beat the e4 u go there and get like a kanto starter idk

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • An attic, possibly filled with appliances for Rotom to posses to access his froms in HG/SS. Or a decorative storage area with a few Items slightly useful at the beginning of the game, like a potion or a berry.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    An attic, possibly filled with appliances for Rotom to posses to access his froms in HG/SS. Or a decorative storage area with a few Items slightly useful at the beginning of the game, like a potion or a berry.

Yes it could be Rotom related. Never thought of that.

Back