• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoosterHat

Bumbling Slowpoke King
Years
I think they're pretty cool thus far, I just think the male Player Character's hair is a little big... I have to wonder, since the Unova region is based off of America... does that mean they think we dress this way? :cer_confused:

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well... Americans that enjoy swimming I'd guess, but the same would apply to B/W's protagonists. These ones are just less stereotypical. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hilda and Hilbert appear a lot more like the hiker/country type whereas these clothing designs are pretty different so I like that about the new protagonists. I guess GameFreak just needed a new theme for them, and thus they thought of a water theme idea. Just like Platinum had a winter theme going on, and well Black and White's protagonists looked country, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well these are city folks, whose home town is close to the beach so their looks match them quite nicely when you think about it, which is good imo.
I like the Poison gym leader, she looks rebellious but seems to care about her father at least that's what I take from the new scan with her going to talk to her father.
The water gym leader's legs look strange...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well these are city folks, whose home town is close to the beach so their looks match them quite nicely when you think about it, which is good imo.
I like the Poison gym leader, she looks rebellious but seems to care about her father at least that's what I take from the new scan with her going to talk to her father.
The water gym leader's legs look strange...

Maybe Homika doesn't have a mother, and thus due to that she's had to grow up with him and thus is kind to him for raising her. I'm glad that she does seem rebellious because I don't really see what she deals in (poison) as something really mainstream/friendly, idk. It would seem awkward if she was like fully well behaved and played a piano or something loool.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think it looks very cool. I never was a big fan of her strange striped dress and her... headphone things. Now she looks much more elegant and smart :3 I wonder if the blonde or the dark was her real hair color, hehe.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I hope she hasn't skinned a Beartic for that nice new coat of hers... but, truth betold, I didn't recognise her at first!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
LOVE her headpiece and her shades, and her hair black looks really good, I'm not a fan of the clothes (the coat is cool though) but yeah she looks better imo.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well, why do you think it looks silly? I like it better than before actually, the hair especially, didn't like it yellow at all.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I am more used and fond to her older style but she does look outrageously cool in her new appeal. I mean C'mon, it's Elesa.. .how on earth is she suppose to look worse by any mean?!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked it better when Elesa was blonde; I almost didn't recognize her in the trailer. I only recognized her before the end of her scene through her headphone-like headgear and her Pokemon, Emolga and Zebstrika.

But now I think she looks kinda cool and more sexier than before.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
I absolutely adore Elesa's new appearance. It has a vivid and risque taste. She is Gorgeous, no doubt. She actually looks like a model now, and not a Nazi. Brunettes tend to be better models, anyway. Plus, her new appearance reminds me of a ThunderStorm, which matches her being perfectly.:cer_nod:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
First of all, glad to hear that Elesa is returning. Second of all her outfit in B/W looked weird (were those lighter colored parts of the outfit stripes or actual holes/slits in it?), so her new style is a definite improvement over that. Cool shades, too.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm getting jealous of all the Elesa admiration, she's mine, I saw her new look before all of y'all haha. i did tho

I like the Rival more now after seeing him in that video. Looks less hostile.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've done some reconsidering and I think old Elesa was better :p

Also, the female protagonist does look a bit weird. Kotone would fit better together with NewBlack and NewWhite would fit better together with Gold :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back