• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the starters will look like once evolved?

Do you think they will be knockoff versions of other Pokémon or no?

• yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • i dont know

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
Years
  • Sprigatito's design should expand into flowers. I definitely see Psychic or Fairy becoming the second typing. We need more Grass/Fairy types!
    Ikr, I'm pretty confident it will end up being Grass/Fariy or something of that nature but only time can tell! Also I love the fan art did you make it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • The fanart makes me like Quaxly a lot more. I'm wanting to pick Sprigatito because I love cats, but if it becomes bipedal like Incineroar, I'd just keep it in the middle stage evo like I did for Litten.

Sprigatito's design should expand into flowers. I definitely see Psychic or Fairy becoming the second typing. We need more Grass/Fairy types!

These are so good. Would be really happy with a similar design. I already have a few floral names set aside for the occasion that it happens. \o/

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • I do have to admit I love these Fire-Snake designs for Fuecoco. Not only does it fit the Mesoamerican theme people suspect with the feathered/winged serpent but it also keeps the Fire Zodiac alive by slotting them in the snake slot.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    The fanart makes me like Quaxly a lot more. I'm wanting to pick Sprigatito because I love cats, but if it becomes bipedal like Incineroar, I'd just keep it in the middle stage evo like I did for Litten.

Sprigatito's design should expand into flowers. I definitely see Psychic or Fairy becoming the second typing. We need more Grass/Fairy types!

Love that design

pkmin3033

All I ask is that Quaxley doesn't become Water/Fighting. This is the first Water type starter I've liked since Piplup and I don't want it ruined by the worst type.

It'd also be really nice if Sprigatito and Fuecoco both stayed as quadrupeds, because this tendency for quadrupeds to become bipeds as they evolve is a very tiresome and aggravating trend in the franchise. I think for Sprigatito at least it will stay quadruped, because people are already comparing it to Litten and I can't honestly believe that the designers wouldn't be conscious of this. Fuecoco, though? I like the idea that it could become a serpent of sorts, but I'm fully expecting to see another buffed-up biped thing.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I have no idea what the starters will look like when fully evolved, but I also couldn't care less about their physical appearance. I only care about what their hidden abilities, stats, and learnsets look like instead. I also never understood why many fans have an issue with final evolutions being bipedal. I couldn't care less about it, as long as the Pokémon is good.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have no idea what the starters will look like when fully evolved, but I also couldn't care less about their physical appearance. I only care about what their hidden abilities, stats, and learnsets look like instead. I also never understood why many fans have an issue with final evolutions being bipedal. I couldn't care less about it, as long as the Pokémon is good.

I'm the opposite. Although coincidentally two of the starters in the regions I've played (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, SInnoh, Unova, Galar) with my least favourite designs - Meganium and Serperior, liked their early stages though - also had some of the worst movepools.

Personally I just hope whatever Fuecoco evolves into appeals to me - I've got Gen VI and VII in my room waiting to be played and a quick look at Bulbapedia reveals I haven't liked a Fire-type starter's final evolution since 2011. Even them, Emboar's typing was boring, thankfully stat-wise he was much different to Blaziken and Infernape. Cinderace at least looks good using its signature move, but I think Incineroar is my least favourite design since Jynx, and Delphox is the one where I definitely can see the argument people are making in favour of quadrupeds.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm the opposite. Although coincidentally two of the starters in the regions I've played (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, SInnoh, Unova, Galar) with my least favourite designs - Meganium and Serperior, liked their early stages though - also had some of the worst movepools.

Personally I just hope whatever Fuecoco evolves into appeals to me - I've got Gen VI and VII in my room waiting to be played and a quick look at Bulbapedia reveals I haven't liked a Fire-type starter's final evolution since 2011. Even them, Emboar's typing was boring, thankfully stat-wise he was much different to Blaziken and Infernape. Cinderace at least looks good using its signature move, but I think Incineroar is my least favourite design since Jynx, and Delphox is the one where I definitely can see the argument people are making in favour of quadrupeds.

Interesting view, Amore.

I can't really speak on Meganium because I never used her, as I was always a Feraligatr fan, which is actually good competitively, especially in BDSP. Meganium was meant to be used as a defensive Pokémon, but the problem with that was that pure Grass-type isn't the best defensive type because of its many weaknesses. However, while Serperior didn't have the best movepool or stats, Serperior was a great Pokémon because of her hidden ability, Contrary, which caused stat changes to have the opposite effect on her. This made Serperior a threat in meta game whenever she used Leaf Storm, which increased her Sp. Atk sharply every time she used the move. I also loved both of their appearances too. Even though I never picked Chikorita, I always thought that Meganium was cute. It is one of the few Pokémon that still maintains its cuteness even after fully evolving. I love Serperior's majestic appearance, as she resembles a literal smug snake. I actually loved Delphox's design. She reminds me of the mage class from several RPGs and I love the way she waves her staff to attack, much like said mages. In fact, I would say that the all the starters from generation six seem to represent classes from RPGs, with Delphox representing mages, Greninja representing rouges, and Chestnaught representing knights.

The main issue that I had with starter Pokémon in the past wasn't how they walked, but rather that many of them simply were not good competitively. It wasn't really until the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl generation that starter Pokémon started to get really good competitively, whether because of the physical/special attack category feature, better stat distributions, improved movepools, and so on. I just feel that the very first Pokémon that we begin our journeys with should have something special about them battle-wise so they could remain useful to us after our story playthrough with them, like legendary Pokémon. I'm not saying they must be strong as legendary Pokémon, but I feel that they should have something special about them that make us want to keep them on our teams when it's time to get serious. Pokémon Sword and Shield sort of did that with their Gigantamax forms and good hidden abilities. With that, I don't care if they walked on two legs like Incinerator, alternated like Feraligatr, walked on all-fours like Meganium, slithered like Serperior, or potentially have many legs like Centiskorch or Giratina. As long as the starters are actually good and useful this time around and won't be sitting in a box when I'm playing ranked, I'm a happy trainer. 😊

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I expect Sprigatito's evolution to be a quadruped, getting fluffier and fluffier leaves as she evolves. Inspired by a cat like
    , and ultimately comparable to this: [
    ]. So right now we see small tufts of spiky curls on Sprigatito, and I expect those to multiply. In the pic of the white cat where it has spiky ends, imagine those melding with outright leaves. Imagine a heavy wreath being built around her, both a wreath of leaves and a wreath of fur. All the while with tiny pink flowers blooming about the wreath. I don't expect anthropomorphic qualities.

I expect Quaxly to have anthro qualities. Thinking he'll either be a cadet or Grease the Pokémon.

No idea about Fuecoco.

Back