• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What do you think the Strange Souvenir is for?

Years
    What do you think the Strange Souvenir is for?
    I read about it online when I first got X, so I managed to get it before some update comes that makes it so you can't get it. I'm assuming if you have the Strange Souvenir, you know about what the backpacker says, but if not then look it up and get it. But, I believe the strange souvenir has something to do with the next game. Also, since you make your character on these games, do you think we'll get to transport our character onto the next game??? That would make sense as wed be able to bring the souvenir wig us... But idk, just a theory. How about you lot? What do you think?

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    At this point I just think it's Trollfreak trolling us again. Not every item we get in game has meaning to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2015
    It's probably a hint at some important item in the next game or to give us a glimpse of what we should expect in the new region.

DarkCloud1267

Master Trainer
    Years
    Honestly at this point who knows. i honestly think its a hint at the next game because honestly they already had a few other hints to it in the games as well. im guessing it's for an event in the next gen. but like i said. who knows

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really get the feeling that it has something to do with a new region. I think that maybe it has something to do with Hoopa.

Or, like Mara said, Game Freak is trolling us....again.

pokefan648

< I ate your giant meatball :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Maybe it has something to do with the Lumiose Ghost Girl or the Lumiose station message. Or maybe it is/was a key item/ to get another legendary (hopefully Mew).

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I found it odd that you couldn't take it into a wifi battle, weird to ban an item that doesn't do anything....

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It not being a key item means you can clone it (correct me if I'm wrong). So I don't think it's going to be that important in the future, especially regarding things like legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It not being a key item means you can clone it (correct me if I'm wrong). So I don't think it's going to be that important in the future, especially regarding things like legendary Pokemon.

Well, it could be not a Key Item so you can transfer it to the next game. Soul Dew and the other Legendary Hold items aren't key items and hold importance to their respective legends. I don't think it unlocks anything in X and Y cause if it did we would have found it by now. This leads me to believe that its an item for later on, another generation most likely based on the info provided by the person who gifts it to you.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    This leads me to believe that its an item for later on, another generation most likely based on the info provided by the person who gifts it to you.

But what would be the point in giving us an item that only has use in a future gen? If it has zero use now, why bother putting it in the games now? Especially when PokeBank doesn't allow for item transfer.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    well, the 3ds is capable of dlc now, isn't it? so possibly some later tie in with that?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    But what would be the point in giving us an item that only has use in a future gen? If it has zero use now, why bother putting it in the games now? Especially when PokeBank doesn't allow for item transfer.

What about the Lock Capsule in Gen 4? Its the same thing. It had no use in Gen 4, couldn't be opened and had no data other than it existed. In Gen 5 it gave you an unobtainable TM up until B2W2 came out. Its not the first time they introduced an item that does nothing in the current game but could be transferred into a future game to unlock something.

There are also more ways to transfer than Pokebank. If the next Gen is on 3DS they can do like they did with Gen 4 to 5 with the special transfer method which pulled the Shiny beast and the Lock Capsule over.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    They said XY won't ever get DLC.

But yeah, it really leaves you wondering what it does other than the novelty value.

That was in response to morons asking to "Buy Legendaries"
    So what they meant is X&Y won't have DLC where you could just Buy Pokemon rather than Trade/Capture, and No DLC to buy in-game items..

However that doesn't mean there couldn't be Future Addon Adventures To Expand X&Y since the cartridges are limited on space.

i.e. there could be a DLC expansion which could add in a "Southern France shaped" Region south of Kalos (since Kalos is Northern France shaped) Accessible by the 2nd unused TMV train tracks, that will have new events, the rest of the new Pokemon (since X&Y had very few), a new legendary or more, a new post game story including battles, and since it's an extension of the post game, rather than new Gym Battles and new Elite 4/Championship since your trainer and Battle/Party Pokemon are already max level, instead there could be a World League/Championship to participate in to battle against tough NPCs who's Pokemon could be in the 60-100 level ranges and may include Legendaries on their teams.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That was in response to morons asking to "Buy Legendaries"
    So what they meant is X&Y won't have DLC where you could just Buy Pokemon rather than Trade/Capture, and No DLC to buy in-game items..

However that doesn't mean there couldn't be Future Addon Adventures To Expand X&Y since the cartridges are limited on space.

i.e. there could be a DLC expansion which could add in a "Southern France shaped" Region south of Kalos (since Kalos is Northern France shaped) Accessible by the 2nd unused TMV train tracks, that will have new events, the rest of the new Pokemon (since X&Y had very few), a new legendary or more, a new post game story including battles, and since it's an extension of the post game, rather than new Gym Battles and new Elite 4/Championship since your trainer and Battle/Party Pokemon are already max level, instead there could be a World League/Championship to participate in to battle against tough NPCs who's Pokemon could be in the 60-100 level ranges and may include Legendaries on their teams.

No it was a response to the general idea of adding on content. They said they did not like the idea and makes the game seem like it is incomplete. They would rather sell a complete game than incomplete game and add on features at a later point.

They said there won't be any further content added to the games. All we have left are Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion left to be distributed as well as the Mega Lati stones.

Direct announcement during the interview:

"There's no download content or microtransaction content developed specifically for Pokémon X and Y. We've not come up with any ideas on that yet. I like the idea that Pokémon can be enjoyed with just one piece of software. You buy the game and it can be enjoyed just with that one software that you buy. That's a key point for Game Freak."

He states both versions of DLC. Plain Download Content and Microtransaction content. First is just adding on while second is purchased add on, cause not all add ons cost money. They want their players emerged into a full world and want them to enjoy the games on one cartridge without having to go and get extra content to enjoy it.

Back