• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think would make PC better?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Try using css-span, then? If you're only doing it for a text background, it makes more sense anyway. Shouldn't mess with anything else on the page. Only problem is it'll only appear right behind the text--not as a big mass of background colour.

Quote my post to see the code.

Years
    So you can just use:

The padding makes it fit the size as a solid mass, rather than effectively highlighting it.

This makes the background continue out to the edge of the page even if the text ends before it.

And it fills between paragraphs...

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Yes, The css-span tags make a lot more sense for text than a css box to be quite honest. Halloween colors ftw~

You know... We should post a good [css-div] tutorial here in the VIP section. I think that'd help attract people. Since CSS signatures are all the rage now *blames Erica and the other SAs for starting that craze*

Heh I miss the good old days of old fashioned signatures where you had to be a whiz with the vBcode to make your signatures look awesome. Now it's all on CSS skill now. XP

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    You know... We should post a good [css-div] tutorial here in the VIP section. I think that'd help attract people. Since CSS signatures are all the rage now *blames Erica and the other SAs for starting that craze*
    Best. Idea. EVAR. I fail at CSS. ;;

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    whilest it's mostly unknown (apparently) there is already a PC CSS guide that is available to everyone. It's located here. other code's can be located in PC's bbcode list here.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Hey I'm barely even using a CSS signature. :( Well, okay, I am, but it's not as noticeable as most people.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I just had an idea that has probably already been an idea.

BUT!

On your account to be able to move the forum sections around to wherever you want.

Like, Off-topic Discussions below Supporter HQ and just close off all the other forums.

Though I don't see that ever happening. XD

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    You can already do that… little arrows in the corner… I do believe it's on every skin.
    What do you think would make PC better?What do you think would make PC better?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No I mean like...

... I'm just gonna copy what Macy said since I'm talking about it with people.

"Macy says:
    Wait, you mean like rearranging the forums, like if I could put G&P and Other Trivia at the top, and leave all the other stuff I never go to at the bottom...?"

"Macy says:
    But, for each profile, the arrangement would be different...?"

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Well that is the closest you'll get. That doesn't sound possible unless there is an ad-on for that. o.o'

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that's what I was wondering whether they could create something like that.

Years
    Ah well, it's too much hassle. For the record, there is a vB plugin that allows users to set a text colour & font, but there would be background issues.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    PC needs for members to be able to select what information they want in their profiles. D:

Like on bebo or something. XD;

Zet

Years
    I think we should ban that Zetta Despair guy, god I hate him, all and all I think the community would be better if he was banned, anyone else agree?

real idea: layouts that aren't pokemon based, mainly because it might draw attention from people who aren't pokemon fans but fans of other stuff

Last edited:
    Years
    I think we should ban that Zetta Despair guy, god I hate him, all and all I think the community would be better if he was banned, anyone else agree?

real idea: layouts that aren't pokemon based, mainly because it might draw attention from people who aren't pokemon fans but fans of other stuff
    Actually, I think that's an awesome Idea. It also makes it easier for people that want to use PC in a public place.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    . It also makes it easier for people that want to use PC in a public place.

Are you ashamed of Pokemon? Guilty

I agree, I would also like to see a dark theme similar to the Misty one, but with a lot less misty.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years

Exactly what I've been thinking recently. Maybe just, y'know... like, a completely plain skin. No title, no 'theme banner'; just white. Obviously, the forum names would still have to remain the same, but it'd be nice to make it as plain as possible. I'm sure you'd get a lot more activity during school hours, etc. (for obvious reasons) ;>

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    You've still got that banner on the top-left, though.

But whatever, it's fine; if I want to browse PC at school that badly, I'll just use my iPod.

Back