• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think would make PC better?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    Idea: Automatic Customised Posts.

I did suggest this… with the css background colour it'd be a lot easier to see the tripe colours people want to display.
    There is no mod for it though… is what Lightning said, well not for vB since the one I've seen was user created. :<

Years
    Archer: Wouldn't CSS be too much of a hassle to do?
    Probably, but if you got used to using the same code, I guess you could memorise it.
    As it stands, it's your only choice.

So theoretically you could just use this, but if you quote it, you can see the code necessary...

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Would there be a way to avoid getting the background into your signature though? XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The background doesn't go into his signature. o.o; So long as you don't specify a height, it'll only fill the area behind your text.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I guess it's just my computer. XD Many members have trouble with CSS though. How could we make it less complicated?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    What do you think would make PC better?What do you think would make PC better?

It didn't before but now it does. o.o'
    Maybe you have the same resolution as Archer.
    I'd still prefer it to be automatically done for you though. xD

Cherrim

Years
    :[ Dude, well I'm using IE6 right now which is a horrible browser and it looks fine. Now I'm curious as to what you're using.

Anyway, CSS is just complex like that. I can't really think of a way to simplify it. I mean, we could probably make a tag like [background=[i]colour[/i]] to have a background colour but... then I just worry we'd feel pressured to make a bunch of CSS-like BB Codes. :[

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    That's because your skin doesn't stretch across most of the screen, or tiny resolution.
    FF on mac… but looks like it's happening for all ff users? .o.
    BG tags would be sweet actually.
    URL mouse over tags would be great too. xD
    Still prefer an automated system…

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017

There couldn't be a button next to the text color button that would give you the CSS code automatically? Several members don't have a clue as to how to use CSS. See how it turns out wrong? XD

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There are too many CSS codes... like people will want borders...

Title tags would be good though?

Cherrim

Years
    You can do so many things with CSS that it would be pointless to start making tags for all of it. It wouldn't stack very well, either, so everyone is better off just finding tutorials online and learning that way. It's better than nothing. D:

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017

True. I never thought of that. >< What about a way to avoid getting the background color into your signature then? XD

Cherrim

Years
    I'm gonna have to wait till I get home to answer that. I'm not seeing the problem in the browser here so I can't troubleshoot. XD;

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015

True. I never thought of that. >< What about a way to avoid getting the background color into your signature then? XD

There couldn't be a button next to the text color button that would give you the CSS code automatically? Several members don't have a clue as to how to use CSS. See how it turns out wrong? XD

With more than one line the text overlaps. Just don't add a value for the height as Lightning said earlier.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017

I haven't done one single thing to the height, though.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    [QUOTE="Tater Tot, post: 4036183, member: 14406"][div="width: 800px;height: 30px;"][div="padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; color: #FF9900; background-color: #000000;"]
    I haven't done one single thing to the height, though.
    [/div][/div][/quote]

With one line it is fine.

But with two it gets problematic.
    Mainly because 30px isn't tall enough.

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    So members who want to post with CSS background should just make the height bigger?

Tater Tot

Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017

Ah, I see. That will keep it from going into the bands of your signature.

I'll look at the site when I can, since I really don't need to know about CSS at the moment. XD

Back