• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want in your Pokemon collection?

Years
    I collect Pokemon merchandise in general, and I was wondering about some of the things people want in their collection, even if it's only a specific section such as manga, my personal holy grail is this glorious plush...

View attachment 72900

DEAR ARCEUS, IT'S SO MAJESTIC.

Also, I'm new around here, please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

That's my want, what's yours?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My want would be the Pokémon Special manga volumes. Especially from R/B saga to Emerald Saga. I just haven't gotten around to buying them, maybe I will some day.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I own more pokemon plushys than i should :P but the one that keeps evading me is the Mew plushy, everytime i bid on ebay it seems somebody still snags it at the last second and Amazon always seems to be sold out when i look...

Shdwj

Excuse me?
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2016
    Not that I have much of a Pokemon collection aside from the games that I own, but I would love to have every single Pokemon game OST that has seen an official release. Game Freak recently began publishing Pokemon OSTs on iTunes, but it's always nice to have the physical copy. :)

Years
    There are plenty of things that I'd want for my Pokemon collection (plushies, clothes, special edition consoles, etc.), but the one thing I really want is something that I had when I was younger, and that was this poster. Being the dumb kid that I was, I thought drawing on it whenever I caught a Pokemon would be a cool idea, and it got to the point that I had to throw it out.

I've tried looking for it online, but basically anything I find is a reprint of it (including the one I linked to), and they're all 11x17 or 18x24, rather than the original 24x36 poster I had. I don't even know where I'd put it if I got one, but that was easily my favorite poster as a kid, and I'd love to have it again.

Years
    From the TCG side of things, an authentic Pikachu Illustrator card would be nice, though it's way too far out of my price range.

As for the merch side of things, Meloetta plushes would be nice, as would some of the human character figurines and other obscure collectables from the franchise.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2015
    I have the luck of living near Pokemon Center vending machines that stock, among other things, Pokedolls/plushies. So I'm a casual collector of Pokedolls.

What I would really love in my collection someday is the Shadow Lugia Pokedoll. Unfortunately, it is extremely hard to find one that isn't a bootleg.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    GeraldTheTheroiest, which Mew plushie is it? Is it the Tomy one (my personal favorite and one I want badly in my collection) or the Pokemon Center chibi one?

It's the chibi one, i thankfully was able to grab a Tomy one :)

Years
    There are plenty of things that I'd want for my Pokemon collection (plushies, clothes, special edition consoles, etc.), but the one thing I really want is something that I had when I was younger, and that was this poster. Being the dumb kid that I was, I thought drawing on it whenever I caught a Pokemon would be a cool idea, and it got to the point that I had to throw it out.

I've tried looking for it online, but basically anything I find is a reprint of it (including the one I linked to), and they're all 11x17 or 18x24, rather than the original 24x36 poster I had. I don't even know where I'd put it if I got one, but that was easily my favorite poster as a kid, and I'd love to have it again.

Cool poster! There are a ton of things I want for my collection, and now that's one of them! I've done a lot of stupid things as a kid, I have many incomplete sets now (like the only surviving piece of my school set is my pikachu stapler, which, oddly, is in perfect condition). Good luck finding the poster you want!

From the TCG side of things, an authentic Pikachu Illustrator card would be nice, though it's way too far out of my price range.

As for the merch side of things, Meloetta plushes would be nice, as would some of the human character figurines and other obscure collectables from the franchise.

That's one of the coolest cards I've seen! It's set at an INSANE price though, I doubt I'll ever have one in my collection.The TCG card I want is the Raikou/Suicune half card legend. I wonder if you can guess why?

The Meloetta plushes are cool, do you like the one with the green or brown hair (I can't remember the name of the forms)? I like the obscure collectibles as well, because then when people see it they're like 'AHMAHGAWSH, where'd you get that, I've never seen it!'

I have the luck of living near Pokemon Center vending machines that stock, among other things, Pokedolls/plushies. So I'm a casual collector of Pokedolls.

What I would really love in my collection someday is the Shadow Lugia Pokedoll. Unfortunately, it is extremely hard to find one that isn't a bootleg.

What a coincidence, I live only 25 minutes away from one! My parents are busy usually, so I'm hoping to go for my birhtday.

The Shadow Lugia Pokedoll is one I'd love in my collection as well. Unfortunately, I've never seen a non-bootleg for sale, I've only seen legit ones in photos and they are fantabulistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    That's one of the coolest cards I've seen! It's set at an INSANE price though, I doubt I'll ever have one in my collection.The TCG card I want is the Raikou/Suicune half card legend. I wonder if you can guess why?

The Meloetta plushes are cool, do you like the one with the green or brown hair (I can't remember the name of the forms)? I like the obscure collectibles as well, because then when people see it they're like 'AHMAHGAWSH, where'd you get that, I've never seen it!'

The LEGEND cards are pretty cool. I actually still need to complete my set of them, iirc.

I personally would like to have both the Aria (green) and Pirouette (brown/orange) formes in plush form.

Years
    I personally would like to have both the Aria (green) and Pirouette (brown/orange) formes in plush form.

Oh yeah, I remembered the Pirouette form somewhere in the back of my mind. I know how both of its forms look, but I've never heard that the green form is called Aria form. I personally prefer the Aria form, but I would like the Pirouette form in my collection too!

Years
    Oh yeah, I remembered the Pirouette form somewhere in the back of my mind. I know how both of its forms look, but I've never heard that the green form is called Aria form. I personally prefer the Aria form, but I would like the Pirouette form in my collection too!

At first, I preferred the Aria forme, too, but really, I much prefer the Piroette forme now, since it's undermarketed and therefore I'm not saturated with imagery of it like I am with the Aria forme.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 13, 2024

My cousin had that poster! She grew out of Pokemon a long, long time ago though, probably chucked it out. :c I didn't even remember about it until now.

Not sure if this counts as a collectible, since I'm pretty sure no one collects beds, but I really want a Snorlax bed.

Spoiler:

Other than that, I've always wanted realistic 'props', like of Pokeballs and Gym Badges (but not like the cheap plastic ones sold at toy stores).

There used to be some really awesome Pokeballs (and Master Balls and Luxury Balls, etc.) for sale, but a) they were very expensive, like upwards a hundred bucks each, and b) apparently since they aren't official merch Nintendo has made them stop commissioning them. Their site is taken down now, but their deviantArt is here and their gallery of Pokeballs can still be viewed.

Years
    At first, I preferred the Aria forme, too, but really, I much prefer the Piroette forme now, since it's undermarketed and therefore I'm not saturated with imagery of it like I am with the Aria forme.

True, maybe I just need to get used to it.

My cousin had that poster! She grew out of Pokemon a long, long time ago though, probably chucked it out. :c I didn't even remember about it until now.

Not sure if this counts as a collectible, since I'm pretty sure no one collects beds, but I really want a Snorlax

Other than that, I've always wanted realistic 'props', like of Pokeballs and Gym Badges (but not like the cheap plastic ones sold at toy stores).

There used to be some really awesome Pokeballs (and Master Balls and Luxury Balls, etc.) for sale, but a) they were very expensive, like upwards a hundred bucks each, and b) apparently since they aren't official merch Nintendo has made them stop commissioning them. Their site is taken down now, but their DeviantArt is here and their gallery of Pokeballs can still be viewed.

Who said anything about collectibles? I said merchandise! That Snorlax bed is one of the most fabulous things I've ever seen, I WANT! That's too bad about the poke balls, they looked very cool, something I'd love in my collection for sure! And gym badges aren't something I have a burning desire to get, but I am able to earn some official, high quality gym badges from black and white by playing the TCG/VG at my local Pokemon league. Essentially, I earn Pokemon merch (I've even gotten patches, I never use them though) by playing and doing something I love!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    My want would be the Pokémon Special manga volumes. Especially from R/B saga to Emerald Saga. I just haven't gotten around to buying them, maybe I will some day.

^This. Definitely every one from R/B to Emerald. I think I've read to the end of Hg/Ss chapter but I'm not sure, the uploading of scans are so slow I lost track.

Back