• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see in a Hack?

Amentis

Master of Dark and Ghost type
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I'd like to see one that used completely original content (I.E. your own sprites for bulbasaur, your own songs, your own characters [other than pokemon obviously], your own geography) and the ability to trick this rom into thinking it's apart of the diamond/pearl or r/s/e series so it can linkup with them. If that's not possible then Why not just make your own game, where instead of 'catching pokemon' it's you and a couple of friends who go around battling people one on one or two on two.
    You do not need to "trick" the rom. If you want to trade/battle with real pokemon games all you need to do is download the rom onto a flash cart and trade like you would normally, I have done it before. Although you have to be careful with the way you edit the rom. certain things like changing base stats could result in the pokemon becoming a bad egg when you trade it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    Hej,

I think a good hack should be very creative and original, without having too much of a difference to the basic pokemon game play. I think most of the new games focus on improving things that don't need any improvements (such as some dumb new evolution form. Seriously, who needs Lickitongue to evolve?? ) which makes them IMHO pretty much of a failed attempt. For a good hack, you need to focus on little details, whether a certain pokemon is likely to be caught in a certain area etc.
    I don't need to get all of the ~500 Pokemon in ONE SINGLE game. Who the hell might need that? Why not try to have only the Johto Pokemon e.g. in a new area close to it or so. I think we don't need any more invain tries to make a very "special, new, creative" hack but a hack that is made with a lot of attention payed to details and logical aspects.

Pad

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    i woud like to see a good graphics.and more better scripts in a good hack.and of course its originality

Back