• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see in a Hack?

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
    Years
    i am gonna make a hack with themed gymbattles how does anyone feels about themed gym battles

Naoshi

lawl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2023
    Themed gym battles? Be a bit more specific please.

Anyways here's things I'd like to see in hacks:
    Original characters (meaning characters not Red, Brendan, etc.)
    Custom made tiles (Preferably ones that aren't overused...but I don't think there's any overused ones yet)
    A choice of 3 pokemon that aren't the same old Fire, Water and Grass.
    Original Region Maps
    BGMs being edited/replaced with BGMs from other games or custom made.

treytrey113

a crazy dreaming hacker
    Years
    kay like overweight theme and ceratain colors like all red pokemon or any others i need time to think about others and i can't seem to edit gym trainers with pet but i hope what i said is good themes

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2008
    I would love to see Orre converted to a GBA game. I'm not sure how you'd handle the lack of routes, or some very bizarre buildings, but it'd be awesome.

Exeter

Lushless
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing one based around Orange Islands, or at least have Orange Islands as a side quest. I honestly can't remember the Orange Islands in any of the games, and sadly that was my favourite part of the series. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2010
    Evolutions to under-used pokemon (i.e. Cloyster)
    New Storyline (not the old team rocket/magma/etc is taking over the world)
    Harder difficulty (a game that requires more strategy)
    New maps (not edits of old ones with some extra rocks here and there)
    A finished game! (not one your gonna give up in a month)

dragons_fang

Dragon Warrior
    Years
    A darker storyline, something that draw you in and steers away from the usual "friends forever" pokemon genre. That would be interesting...

Years
    Pokemon based in real country?
    Fakemon with completely changed stats and moves and not just a changed sprite.
    Maybe a pokemon with 4 evolutions. eg. Charmander>Charmeleon>Charizard>????
    Completely changed scripts. (I hate it when people move everything but don't change the scripts.)
    thanks

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2008
    I really wouldn't mind every single Pokemon being catchable. And then something rewarding from Oak/Birch for completing the Pokedex.

Back