• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does your User Name mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Meaning
    Binary: Comes from Binary Code, which is a system of representing numbers, letters, and other characters using binary notation.

Peaches: A Delicious fruit that comes from a tree.

BinaryPeaches: A Delicious fruit from a tree that is composed from a system of representing numbers, letters or other characters using Binary Notation.

And before anyone asks. Yes. BinaryPeaches do infact come from Binary Peach Trees. Now.

Why I Chose It
    Well, I was on a forum, and I wanted to change my name. However, since so many knew me as the abbreviations of the my username (DPF), I wanted my new name to have those abbreviation. So I became DigiPeachFruit. Well, Digital and Binary are kind of the same thing, so the term 'THE PEACHES ARE BINARY' arose, and eventually I became BinaryPeaches.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    SonicThrust = most fabulous move ever in the Tales of series of games.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Misaka Mikoto is the name of the character in my current theme. There isn't really any additional meaning to it or at least, none that I can think of.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Since no one was paying attention to my posts before, I needed a more authoritative name.

Coincidentally, I happen to be the only [IRL] scientist on this site.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Elite, because I've been called an arrogant elitist <censored> before, and far be it from me to fail to live up to that expectation :P
    Overlord, since, well, I'm an arrogant elitist <censored>
    LeSabre, the best selling full-size car for over a decade straight until Buick decided to pull the plug in '05:/

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm not good at thinking up fun usernames like you guys do, so I just used my real name. :)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The Jack of Hearts is a reference to a Bob Dylan song. I thought the song was catchy and that having a part of the title would be sorta cool.

Nearly two months later I've realized I was wrong ;;

Sneas

Burning Blaze.
    Years
  • Basically, my name is a short form of Sneasel, which people used to know me by. So this name's basically stuck with me everywhere. I know, it's VERY creative. XD

Cherry.

魔法の真実
    Years
  • My name " Cherry. " means is the fruit of many plants of the genus Prunus. It is a fleshy fruit that contains a single stony seed. The cherry fruits of commerce are usually obtained from a limited number of species, including especially cultivars of the wild cherry Prunus avium. ^.^

It's delicious! =DD

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Friend at school calls me this. My name's Maddy? Madd-aye? d:

Other usernames:

Minku. : Maddy + Rinku (link in nippon)
    Maddy Phantom: Maddy + Danny Phantom
    Dragon-Ryder: Fairly self explanatory.

Years
  • hmmm...good question. How did i get my name?
    i think i was inspired by auresque from fanfic net. but i didn't want to copy her since we're two totally different people, so i added the 've' in it and sorta changed the pronuciation. plus it sounded frenchie which helps all the more.
    umm...yeah thats' about it.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Moriarty is the awesome arch-nemesis of Sherlock Holmes, who almost succeeded in killing him (and would have if it hadn't been for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle browning off the whole of London by doing so :'D Now that's a dedicated fanbase! :3). I actually knew about him from the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where he's let loose from the Holodeck before I read the Sherlock Holmes books, and I've always loved the name. I was surprised (but happy!) that it was available on DreamWidth and the PokéCommunity! x3

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Being the unoriginal person I am I just based it off of my previous names but with using the English name instead.

As for adding in Blazing, I thought it sounded cool.

Pretty funny where it actually originated from...

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
  • I was in a Shugo Chara! mood when I first created it. Ya know how Amu's Character Transformations are 'Amulet Heart','Amulet Spade','Amulet Clover','Amulet Dia', and 'Amulet Fortune', I decided, Why don't I just make 'Amulet Dream' for the heck of it?

...And the username stuck.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I use luf100 for everything. It actually means "love you forever" with the 100 just because. It's just something my mom used to write on notes or whatever to me all the time when I was little and I've been using it forever. xD My mom even has a tattoo that says LUF. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back