• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What download manager do you use?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I've become quite interested in download managers lately and I'm just wondering what the members of PC use. =D

I would add a poll but I don't know the name of many download managers. =\

Years
    I used to use Free Download Manager, but since FF's is good enough in FF3, I can avoid having another background process going. :D

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    I use the download manager in whatever web browser I'm using
    usually Firefox

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    erm I use safari's download manager because it works well enough for me, though for downloading larger things like Ubuntu install discs I prefer to use transmission because I can set it to use a pre-determined limit on transfer speed, allowing everyone on my network to continue using the internet like normal with out any noticeable lag.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I mostly use Firefox's built-in download manager. Though, whenever I download large files (such as Ubuntu, like Gerri said), I normally use the Firefox add-on DownThemAll!, but it has been a while since I last used that.

Years
    I usually use the one built into Opera. It is just convenient, and it works like it is supposed to without giving you BS. Sometimes I use FlashGet Classic, but only when I am deviantArt (because DA is finicky on my laptop for some reason, and will only let me upload in Internet Explorer).

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I always use the one built into Google Chrome. It's actually somewhat more convenient than Firefox and very simple for me to use.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Generally I use Firefox's builtin manager for my downloads, though occasionally I might use DownThemAll If I'm batch downloading from a site that doesn't try to prevent such batch downloads.

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
    Years
    Just the standard Firefox one. I don't believe in DMs...they don't do anything.

File, save target as, done...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    On Windows, I use something called Orbit downloader, its really fast and free!

( Downloaded WoW in 12 minutes, normal speed was two hours )

Years
    I mostly use Firefox's built-in download manager. Though, whenever I download large files I normally use the Firefox add-on DownThemAll!
    This is what I use except I probably use it more often, I use it mostly when downloading roms.
    I'm thought about Orbit before but I don't think I do enough downloads for that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    I use IDM (Internet Download Manager): is fast, light and automatic. But it isn't free.

However, a good download manager.

PS: don't ask me how can I have it.

Years
    I use Firefox MOSTLY, because I don't do much fancy downloading. However for large files i have Free Download Manager. It can resume downloads, do torrents and web spiders as well.

Back