• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What features would you add to the Gen 5 remakes?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Any pronoun
  • Seen today
1. Offer Easy and Challenge mode from the start. Why would you making it annoying to unlock?

2. Toggleable Experience Share. Recalls Audino grinding back in the day. Sees no reason to return to that. Alternatively, a Vs Seeker.

3. Access to more Pokemon. Take the Royal Unova somewhere.

4. Early fast travel.

5. No HMs. Use the Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl method.

6. Add more to postgame. (Does not remember what it was like. Played years ago.) Add more story to N or something.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
1. Offer Easy and Challenge mode from the start. Why would you making it annoying to unlock?

2. Toggleable Experience Share. Recalls Audino grinding back in the day. Sees no reason to return to that. Alternatively, a Vs Seeker.

3. Access to more Pokemon. Take the Royal Unova somewhere.

4. Early fast travel.

5. No HMs. Use the Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl method.

6. Add more to postgame. (Does not remember what it was like. Played years ago.) Add more story to N or something.

The only HMs you really need to complete the game in Black and White is Cut, and Surf and Strength in the sequels. To me personally, that's one of many reasons why Generation V was great.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I'd add the goodies introduced in B2W2, including:
-the new locations like Virbank City, Lentimas Town, Reversal Mountain, etc.
-the PWT
-Pokestar Studios
-Join Avenue
-the ball trader who trades you Great Balls for Poke Balls
-the lost XTransceiver sidequest

Also, I'd use the Pokedex from B2W2, but expand it with new evolutions like Kingambit and Dudunsparce, and add some Pokemon that I wish were added, like Pikachu, Gengar, Jynx, and Cacturne.

Years
1) Use B2W2's PokeDex as I would personally not even buy a gen 5 remake if it used the original BW PokeDex.

2) Add new areas as Unova was boring to explore imo. Some new areas with new things to do or different Pokemon to catch could fix that, at least partially.
Also I'd include the Victini event at Liberty Garden. I'd just have an NPC give you the Liberty Pass at a certain point in the story.

3) Add Experience Candies and Nature Mints. Both are just too dang convenient in more modern games.

4) Add PokéStar studios from B2W2 and let players participate in the movies with their own Pokemon straight away instead of having to complete it with rental Pokemon first. Also add more movie scenarios.

Years
I'd add the goodies introduced in B2W2, including:
-the new locations like Virbank City, Lentimas Town, Reversal Mountain, etc.
-the PWT
-Pokestar Studios
-Join Avenue
-the ball trader who trades you Great Balls for Poke Balls
-the lost XTransceiver sidequest

Also, I'd use the Pokedex from B2W2, but expand it with new evolutions like Kingambit and Dudunsparce, and add some Pokemon that I wish were added, like Pikachu, Gengar, Jynx, and Cacturne.
I second this to the moon

Years
-Semi open world environments where you can catch Pokémon like in Legends Arceus

-Full Unova Pokédex plus some mons from Alola, Kalos, Galar, and Paldea because the real world counterparts of all these regions have a shared history, so it makes sense that in the Pokémon world there would be some overlap too

-Regional variants and/or evolutions of Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh that were found in B2W2's Pokédex like Mareep, Psyduck, Riolu, Buneary, Eevee, Trapinch, Budew, Aron, Absol, and Tyranitar

-A vacation to the Alola Region in the Postgame with the Battle Tree making a return along with a brand new Battle Frontier

-Most importantly this project would just be one game called Pokémon Grey Version

In a perfect world this game also wouldn't exactly be a 1 for 1 remake or direct sequel to any of the 5th generation games, but would instead be a brand new adventure set in the Unova Region that just so happens to take place after the events of Black and White 1 and 2.

For example maybe 10 years ago the protagonists of the original Unova games tried to fuse Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem back together, and in their desire to return Unova's greatest protector to its true form something went wrong & they accidentally caused a great calamity that permanently changed parts of the region forever.

Last edited:
Back