• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game has the best music?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    As the title states, which Pokemon game, in your opinion of course, has the best music?

For me, it has to be PMD2. The other games just can't compete with Primal Dialga, Sacrifice, and Don't Want to Leave. But XD is a close second, I recently checked out its music again and, well, I was actually pretty impressed.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It is really hard to choose. I'm a big Colosseum/XD fanboy, so I'm gunna have to tie those for first, but RBY and BW are closely tied in second. PMD2 has some good music too, yes. Haven't played it in so long though, I can barely remember it. I just remember that I really liked it, haha.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • B/W for me. There's a couple of songs I like from each series of games + spin-offs, but I pretty much enjoyed everything from B/W. I felt a lot the music captures the feeling and emotion of whatever battle/scene is taking place. The composers outdid themselves this time.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • For me i would have to pick pokemon platinum all thou i have heard black and white have pretty decent music but they have not been released in america yet so i do not know.

Years
  • Bah, there's tons of Pokemon games with good music. ><
    My top 3 favorites would probably be:

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (something about the music seemed so nostalgic... <3 Mt. Pyre)
    Black/White (pretty much every song in these games are amazing. They even managed to make the biking music good, and I usually hate the biking music ><)
    HeartGold/SoulSilver (of course, pretty much every song is a remix, but I loved them. Especially the remix of Cerulean City. <33)

Oh, and if spin-offs count, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 1 and 2 have awesome music as well. :3

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Platinum. I love the music on the game. I'm especially fond of the battle music.

Red, Blue, and Yellow will always be favorites, too. That's more nostalgia than anything, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's a tie between the Gen III music (R/S/E/FR/LG), Gen IV music (D/P/Pt/HG/SS) and Gen V music. The PMD II music is very good, too.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Off the top of my head, I would go with HG/SS. I really liked G/S/C's music and HG/SS brought awesome remixes of those tunes, so of course I approved. XD I haven't heard B/W's music, so I could possibly like them better, but I wouldn't know.

As for spinoffs, I really liked the diversity of XD's music. It just had a lot of music styles and all the tracks really sounded great. And Miror B's theme is up there on my list of favorite video game music. You can't deny its catchy-ness.

Years
  • I actually really like the music from red and blue, lol. Particularly the music from lavender town and victory road. :3

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • As of now, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions for me. So much epic music in there. You have:
    1. your epic Gym Leader, Elite Four, Champion, Villianous Team Boss and Grunt music
    2. leisurely Route traveling music
    3. a nice, soothing Rival battle theme
    4. Frontier Brain music that makes you feel like you're at a royal engagement/very special event
    5. Wild Pokemon battle music that somehow doesn't get annoying to listen to and invites a sense of Pokemon creeping up on you and the player's valiant efforts to defeat or capture said Pokemon
    6. Trainer Battle music that is epic and still doesn't get tiring.
    7. Legendary Music (both Weather Trio and Regi Trio) that makes you feel like you've been submerged in a torrent of sheer epicness. :cer_nod:

Everything in the game feels triumphant. Several themes, noticeably the RSE remixed main theme and the Magma/Aqua Grunt and Boss Battle themes, make you feel at times like you're going on a grand underwater excursion, submerged in the depths and immersed in the water's beauty. Few games can do that with music these days.

Granted, I've replayed RSE many times, so I've gotten accustomed to the music (however, I'm not listening to the Deoxys RSE battle theme until I actually own a Deoxys). Still, I feel that any Pokemon fan, or actually any videogame fan, should listen to and experience RSE's stellar soundtrack at least once.

FR/LG come in a close second. The Gym Leader/Elite 4 and Champion themes nicely reinforce the epicness involved in their respective battles, and a lot of the overworld music is pretty intriguing (Vermillion City, Cinnabar Island, Cerulean City, Celadon City, Seven Island, Trainer Tower); though I don't know if the last two Sevii Island areas I mentioned are using remixed GSC music - I heard that some of the music is remixed GSC tunes.

I haven't listened to music from Generations 2, 4, or 5 because I have not played Platinum, HeartGold, or Black/"Gray" Versions yet (though I intend to). However, I know that the Super Smash Bros. series has medleys for Generation I and II each, as well as a remix of the Dialga/Palkia battle theme. Both medleys and the Dialga/Palkia are some of the most epic pieces of music I have ever heard (you can even repeatedly find me humming the Gen 2 medley every now and then), so I have no doubt that the music in DPPt, HGSS, and BW will be of excellent quality as well. :D

Years
  • I'm going to have to go with these for my top three.

• #3 - RSE: Magnificent, but trumpets were overused.
    • #2 - DPPt: This is something this games actually got right in my opinion. I love the Eterna Forest theme.
    • #1 - HGSS: Fantastic music that also manages to give me a bit of nostalgia. I love nearly every track.

I'm anxious to hear what's in B/W.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2010
    B / W for me. There are some songs I like from each set of games + spin-offs, but I enjoyed almost all of B / W. I felt much the music captures the feelings and emotions of every battle or scene unfolds. The composers have outdone themselves this time.

Back