• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

mokoko187

Certified Procrastinator
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    Both, depending on my mood at the moment, and the playable character's outfits.

Like, In my Pearl, I play as a girl, because I don't like the way the boy looks. But, In Platinum, I'm a boy. Because I like his jacket, scarf, bag, and hat. o . o;

... I don't think that's weird. but my friend Hailey does...

PokéToast

Want Some Toast?
    Years
    Since I can only experience Pokémon through the eyes of an avatar, I'd prefer to play as a guy, because I can't play through a girl. Since well... I'm missing some stuff to be able to do that. :cer_laugh:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Guys are the ultimate gender so obviously I'd choose a guy duhhh

I'd feel akward if I was playing as a girl, it would just be too weird. Guy > Girl I chose.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    I played as boy in Diamond and Platinum. When I get HeartGold or SoulSilver, I'll play as a girl, because Lyra's outfit is so cute!!

Dragon Lady

Dragon Tamer Dei
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    I play as a girl more so because my friend was a boy and was a little sexist thinking because he was a boy he would be better at pokemon. I smashed him and his level 80 Blaziken at the time in battle just so he knew I was a force to be reckoned with. And I had the better team anyway. It was more evenly trained while his starter was his stronger and once I took it out, the rest was easy. Anywho, I always play with girls just for that reason (and I am a girl) and I prefer female pokemon.

Kinggex

Poke-Manic.
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    I'm a Boy, So i chose the boy.. And i dont care what the sprites look like.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
    I choose based on their character design, and I hated Dawn's designs, especially in Platinum. For some reason, Lucas's design in Platinum was one of my favorites... I played as a girl in Sapphire and SoulSilver, though, since I really didn't like Brendan's design in R/S, and I was already playing as Ethan in HeartGold.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Female. Lol. Sometimes I play as a male because the girl gets boring. :)

~Azure-

~Winter 2010.
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2010
    I reckon the girls look better in Third Gen. :S Actually the female sprite looks better in most gens but im playing as a boy in HG just because the cap is backwards :P.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Mainly the boy character 99 percent of the times. But I once played as a girl and failed the game quickly.

Last edited:

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
    I always pick the guy. I mean, I'm a guy...so I gotta pick the guy. Sounds strange, but guess I'm biased like that. Even though Ruby had the best art ever for the guy.

-Okami

Back