• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you were picked to be a moderator?

Would you take the job?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Would you take the job? Yes or No; Why?

Personally, I would. I wouldn't care if it was a section I don't know much about, but still go there a lot. If they asked me to be a moderator of that section, I'd say yes, and read the rules carefully, that way, I'd know what I would be doing. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Depends on the section but for most I would decline the offer. Although active enough I don't believe myself to be particularly competent.

Last edited:

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    I dunno... Being a Moderator could be cool(Blue username... I mean, a GENUINE BLUE USERNAME!), but then there's that whole "responsibilty" thing that I'll have to start thinking about. I think I would decline... Maybe it's because I'm thinking moderators are expected to act a certain way, and I'm pretty okay enjoying the way I am now.

Who am I kidding? If I was asked to be a moderator, I'd probably say yes so fast... Actually, I don't know.

Last edited:

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I would take it.

I'm pretty sure I could handle a job like that, I know how to treat people equally and I can control my emotions.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Yeah... They're just cool... *sparkling eyes*
    Why, i'd be honored to be a moderator, only i,too, break the rules, so that would be almost impossible to happen... *sniff* :(​
    P.S. = Still, Moderators are cool! :)​

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Realistically, I'm one of the last people they'd consider placing on the staff, but I'd definitely jump at the call on the off chance they would even deign to consider recruiting me.

Years
    Id take it. Like .Swift, i dont get mad, and treat people equally. But it depends where. D/P/Pt? No way. Id take a job at OVP, or almost anywhere else. but OVP FTW!

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Definitely, watching threads go out of control annoys me, seeing pointless threads appear, people stealing stuff. I would of course not abuse my powers and be a firm supporter of the PC rules and try my hardest to not let anything slip through the radar of a thread check such as some rom hack threads in which a person bases there hack on another one and the thread is accepted which outrages me sometimes.

Interesting seeing other people's reasons too, good thread idea michael ;)

Years
    Me, become a Mod?! That's like giving a psycho a bomb and he goes blowing himself and everybody around him up!!

If I had was offered to become a Mod, I'd turn it down. I'm not good at that stuff at all and knowing what power I'd have, I'd most likely abuse it.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    If i was offered Modship.. i'd probably say YES! But i would probably think about it first, e.g. what area i was modding. And because Modship brings so much responsibility, i would think about it even more! I'd probably say yes, because that BLUE USERNAME is sooo cool. Lol.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Sure, I don't see why not. I treat people fairly, I read the rules, I'm not so biased with. . Well, everything. I don't pick sides, I'm responsible and, if it's too hard, I can always quit. So I'd take the chance. Whatever.​

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Oh man you guys I'd freak out and say no :( Those staff people are jerks.

No no, just kidding XD I really wasn't asked when I was modded, I was just talking to Morkula and he added Lightning in the chat, and they said I wasn't allowed to keep my purple Community Supporters name anymore (this was like a week after I got it). After watching me baaaaw for a few minutes, they linked me to my profile and I realised why... XD; When I was remodded after I quit nothing special happened though :(

Years
    Pretty sure I'd say yes. For most of my time on PC I've been serving as a moderator, the first time I accepted the job around 2005 time was because I wanted to make amends to the Home of the Sprites (now Pixel Art) section, the second time I accepted last year was because apparently, OVP needed a new mod and I had experience with the job. But I accepted them simply because I cared enough about PC. Would I accept a mod position again? Probably, despite the fact that I'm not as active as I used to be in the past, I still care about what goes on around here to make sure things are kept in balance.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'd probably say yes. I have plenty of time on my hands, and I am pretty much cool, calm and collected in situations.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I'd wonder why.
    and after careful consideration.. take it.
    But I'd be forever scared I was not doing the job right.
    So.. now I'm not so sure.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I probably would, if it was for a forum I had some interest in. And I guess the fat, colored, cursive people don't pick new mods randomly, but rather people who seem to know what they're doing there.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Probably. You would be respected(not to mentioned insulted or gossiped secretly...) and it would be cool.

But the responsibility you have to carry. Ughhh...

Back