• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you were picked to be a moderator?

Would you take the job?

• Total voters
    Years
    No, I would not accept. I have a giant workload at school, and extra responsibility does not help much. :\
    As they say, with great power comes great responsibility.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I'd probably accept. Senior year is coming up. Yes, I'll be busy with cheerleading, but I'd still be able to come on quite a lot. (Being only-half-grounded rocks!) Although if it was a section I never posted in, I'd probably ask for a different section. Considering that I wouldn't know much about that section. The place I've talked the most is OVP, so being a mod of that would be cool.

Plus the fact that I enjoy telling newbies what they're doing wrong, and generally coming down hard on idiots who keep breaking the rules.

And the fact that I dOnt TyPe liK this omg!!!!1!! Haha, I hate it when people do that. So I'd be like part-time Grammar Nazi, part time Mod, part time nice-Savannah.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'd decline.

I don't think I'd do a very good job, since managing other people isn't something I'm very good at. On one hand, I'm a weenie and don't want to be involved in conflicts, and on the other, I can be pretty harsh if overwhelmed or pushed to the edge. Plus, as annoying as netspeaking n00bs and trolls are, I don't wanna be mean to anyone.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Why would any of the higher staff pick me? XD I'm just BHwolfgang, a lowly member who loiters around the OC and OT.

It would really depends on the part of the site. There are some sections that I would never go to, so this really does make a difference.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Yeah I would.

Even if it was some crappy section that barely anyone goes too, then I'll still take it as being a moderator is fun and gives you kind of an authority to those people who like to be a smark aleck.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Well that would depend in which section would I have to mod. I don't want to mod a place that I don't like.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Chances are slim that I'd be picked for moderator. However that doesn't dampen my willingness to chip in and help should they ever call me to it. I would most likely take most any section except for DPPT or ROM Hacking as long as I felt I was sufficiently qualified to do proper management for said section. Personally, I prefer OC, OVP, OT or OG. Perhaps even Japanese Entertainment, seeing as how I'm a big anime nut now.

I'm not going to say it's impossible. But, it simply wouldn't bother me much if I wasn't ever chosen either. It is a big responsibility.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    I'd be a moderator if I was asked because it'd be like being a god of the internet.

But then again, it would be just a title, really.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    It would really depend on the section I would be moderating. Here, I don't think I would be a good canidate. On Golden Sun Realm, a lot of people think I should mod, but I feel that I would be a bit too brash.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    We all know that I'd accept being a moderator, but then I'd break the world record for quickest demodding.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    Depends on the section offered. I don't see how anyone can handle the hell hole known as D/P/P, but if it was a section that I visited often or wasn't related to competitive battling (which I know nothing about), then I'd take the job.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Being a moderator isn't that difficult, its pretty simple if you have half a brain actually. Its a Pokemon forum after all, the problems that arise are pretty easy to solve. It can get extremely frustrating at times (depending on where you mod obviously). I do miss pwning noobs though, it was a good way to relieve stress.

I wouldn't want to go back to modding Rom Hacking but I wouldn't mind modding a place like OVP or OC since there are far fewer retards in those sections. Although if I was asked now I'd say no.

Back