• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious What if...?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024

What if...?

THINGS WERE DIFFERENT!

Do you ever stop and think well "What If" things had gone another direction or "What If" I looked at this a different way? This could be
    from literally seeing things a different way or even conspiracy theories. Could be from the smallest thing to the biggest idea. So how is this going to work you say?

➤ How This Will Work

Every two (2) weeks I will post a new topic for everyone to discuss. You have those two weeks to talk about to talk about what could have been as if we could go back in time and make it happen. Once the two weeks is up the topic will be closed and a new one will be posted. The whole point of this is to get you thinking at that point and time before a new topic comes up.

If you have an idea for a topic feel free to send me a PM. :D

➤ The Rule Book

• All PC rules apply!
    • Topics WILL be serious and are to be discussed as such.
    • You are not to attack each other.
    • You are in no obligation to talk in every topic if you don't feel comfortable.
    • As of right now the only one who can change the topic is Caite-chan.
    • If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM Caite-chan OR the Off-Topic Mods VisionofMilotic & Dimitri

➤ Topics Are...

WARNING: Topics may include Race, War, Conspiracy Theories, Death or any other serious natures and I will post a warning as such on any of those topics.

The Earth was flat and you fell off the edge. Where would you go?
    What planet would you live on?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    TOPIC WARNINGS: None

TOPIC: The Earth is flat and you fell off the edge. Where are you going?

Years
    Living with a legit flat earther has taught me the infinite possibilities of what's "beyond" most of them are REALLY religious and think it's gods domain. Some also think we're floating in just one "dome" and there's many more, so we may fall onto another?
    As for me, I tend to watch where I'm going, but I'm also helplessly clumsy so off I go.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Wouldn't I just fall down into outer space, float about for a bit, then burn up in the atmosphere? It'd be like one of those weird and awkward glitches in video games where you fall through the floor and if you look up you can see the underside of the models that make up the landscape.

I didn't fall, someone pushed me >.>

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd see the elephants holding the earth, standing on top of the back of a giant turtle floating through space. Wherever it may go, nobody knows.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I guess to keep from running out of water like the ocean the oceans are like an infinity pool when it comes to the edges. If the Earth is flat and we fall off where are we going? Is it like you are held down with the atmosphere or once you fall off you have nothing holding you down. Are you falling into nothingness per say? Let's just assume the only way to get into space is going up where as you just fall off the edge.

Years
    What you say makes sense but most flat earthers do not believe space is real. They think it's all like painted up there and if we go high enough we can even tough the moon.

It's very strange to us but I've learned to just ignore it.

pkmin3033

Wait...if space doesn't exist, what do they think the Moon is? A big rock that somehow defies gravity and just sits in the sky?

So if you fall off the edge of the planet, do you eventually splat against the Moon?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What you say makes sense but most flat earthers do not believe space is real. They think it's all like painted up there and if we go high enough we can even tough the moon.
    As sort of a dome? Who even created that thing. If we assume it was a godly entity then why would they create a small place and surround the entirety of not-space with an infinitely think wall? That doesn't sound very efficient, especially for something that's supposed to be the most efficient, most optimally working entity in existance.
    If it wasn't made by such an entity then it must be made by something inferior, something that is also bound to the rules of the world. And in that regard they wouldn't be able to create a dome that is infinitely thick. In that case the immediate question is: what's behind it?

Another aspects is: if it's a material thing then it is made out of something. And if it is made out of something we can analyse it and maybe even gain resources out of it. If it is infinite that would mean infinite resources!

I feel like, since you can't change those people's minds (as they will always try to fill wholes with absurd assumptions that can not be falsified), it sometimes helps diving into the absurdity of it and putting it onto a whole new level.

Like going to someone wearing a tinfoil hat because they think it blocks mind control beams or something like that and be like "you know, metal actually attracts those beams. So you're not actually protecting yourself. On the contrary: you're actually making it easier for them to take control of you." :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    TOPIC WARNINGS: None

TOPIC: You could live on another planet. Which planet would you live on?

Years
    In our own solar system, none of the others seem hospitable. Plus there is only four terrestrial planets, the rest are gas so we'd only be able to choose Mercury, Venus, or Mars?

I'll say Mars, Mercury and Venus are no doubt much too hot for it to be realistic. Also I think Venus is full of sulfur and I can't stand sulfur, it's nasty.

Back