• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Internet browser do you use?

Which Internet Broweser is better?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 90 62.9%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Safari

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    I've been using Safari ever since I switched to Mac. It's great!

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    I use random browsers at random times. I could be feelin' Firefox on Friday, but on Saturday I could be diggin' Safari.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I use Firefox on my laptop, and IE on my regular computer.

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
    google chrome because at first, IE crashed on me and now I can't use it. Eventually, fox did the same. My last choice was chrome. If it dies on me as well, I'll resort to safari haha.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    I use firefox frequently..hihi...but sometimes I also use Internet explorer

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I downloaded Firefox.. but I didn't like it. Too much change >o
    So I just un-installed it and installed the better version of IE.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    I use Mozzila FireFox... Google Chrome may be fast but it has many dirty little secrets.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Used to be an Internet Explorer user until I found out about the vulpine browser of flames that kills Mosaics. :P :t038:

Anyway, I heard about IE's truckload of vulnerabilities, so I was glad to switch to a safer browser. (Oddly enough, I sadly got my first virus on my comp when I using FF, and never got any with IE.)

I also love FireFox since it saves your tabs EXACTLY (tabs, backward/forward pages, content :cer_love:). It also doesn't crash (if ever, rarely) and has a pretty efficient pop-up blocker (only failed once when I was at the Internet Movie Database(ImDb)).

On the other hand, IE can crash frequently, saying "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for the inconvenience." No, you're not sorry, IE, because otherwise you wouldn't eliminate all my tabs when I was using them, forcing me to start afresh. It took you all the way 'til IE8 to implement this "Page View Save" feature, and even then, it doesn't always work correctly!

I also am beginning to like the unique way FF handles the history. I preferred it as a sidebar originally like in IE, but being its own page is cool, too.

Additionally, I love how you can type in a keyword in the address bar. and FireFox efficiently does a "search" for it not only in web address names, but also page names as well! :)

However, I dislike Mozilla Firefox's INSANELY slow speed at times with multiple tabs, as well as how it eats up my available memory usually. I've had the same 5 tabs open for like 3 weeks straight! :P :laugh: I ONLY use IE if I'm in a rush and don't have the patience to sacrifice and deal with performance and speed. I also liked IE's Back/Forward blue buttons and nice arrows better; a minor quirk in FF.

All in all, Mozilla FireFox is the way to go! :D (though Opera, Safari, and Google Chrome sort of sound interesting...) I love its Easter egg :t113: you type in the address bar, too! It's interesting, though startling at first, to see. Sort of creepy...but cool!
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]about:mozilla[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    ;)

(I saw even more evidence of IE's suckish speed today; I just had a Microsoft Word document with a few AutoShapes and one tab open in IE, and it was still slow as heck on a desktop comp! :cer_pissed: I'm glad/grateful FireFox can even manage to work under the strain of 5 tabs...)

I lament that my FF browser can't use AdBlock... :( At least it's developing more beneficial features than IE8 (in some areas...)

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I use Safari 4. I cannot think of any other browser that even comes close in my book. I do however have Camino as a back up browser for now, until firefox gets off their bums and finally integrates the Mac OS X gestures into the Mac version I really won't use it.

well, I have to retract this answer I gave last month because I have in fact returned to using Firefox. Now that Firefox supports all of the browsing gestures integrated into Mac OS X 10.5* and I have to say the 3.5b4 is extremely stable and useful, now if only some of the cool plugins became compatable, like colorzilla...

(*pending certain hardware requirements are met)

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    Been using Firefox for ages. The only thing I dislike about it though is the "scanning for viruses" thing it does whenever I save anything, because it's really slow on my comp. It makes saving pictures (Especially en mass.) a pain in the butt.

How come Opera isn't on the list?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    First I used IE7, then I used Google Chrome, then I went back to IE7, and then upgraded to IE8, and now i'm using Mozilla Firefox. xD

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Switching between IE7 and Fire Fox. I have been using IE ever since I got my pc, but resently started using FF again. Since some sites weren't doing very great on IE, like the site of my university.
    On the other hand, I have encountered several "problems" with Fire Fox as well.
    a)Deviantart's search option doesn't work in FF for me, it refuses to load al the deviations, if not load at all. (first page works, second doesn't)
    b)While replying at PC, I get two possibilities:
    a) I double posted (even though I only clicked the quick reply button once)
    b) (this is while replying to a VM), I click the "post reply" button, but nothing happens (even though what I typed gets posted). It's really wierd.

So, I switch when one browser doesn't work, and switch back when the other doesn't. So I know what sites to open in IE and which ones in FF. :3

Back