• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is love?

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    Love is the opposite of hate. Hate is easier to feel, and we experience it more often, so we know how to describe the emotion. Love is really only truly felt once or twice, so it's a mystery until you experience it yourself.

Well, that's how I think of it at least... Comparisons always help me understand things better! x3

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    No one knows what love is until they fall in love. So I don't know. But I do know, it is an over used word when people want to refer to lust instead. Which is entirely different.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    There is no "idea" like platon theory that would explain love. Love is something complicated easy. Love isnt only smiling, kisses, hugs or stuff like that. Of course, they are very important and they are used to show love, but love cna be explained in a million ways and when it comes to advice from people, it would nevre work becaues evrybody sees love in a different way. For some people can be money, sex, someone loving you back, being with someone special. of course there is where ethics come in play, but love is a wonderful feeling and when it comes from a very special person its even more beautiful and I wouldnt trade being with the woman Im now for anything in the world.

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    Love is perfect,
    Love is Kind.
    They grind
    Their teeth,
    Say it's artificial,
    A myth.
    But true love
    Is from the heart.
    Not lust,
    Or Boy
    To Girl,
    Or even vice-versa.
    It's the caring,
    The knowledge
    That they are a
    Person, like you.
    Know them as
    Yourself
    Treat them as
    Yourself.
    No flaws are within
    This bond of heart,
    For love knows not
    What eyes will see
    But love is something,
    Where you believe there
    Is something good
    Inside.

Years
    "Most people see the problem of love primarily as that of being loved rather than that of loving, of one's capacity to love."
    ~Erich Fromm

The German psychoanalyst is right here, I think. In his text The Art of Loving, Fromm really does a wonderful job at looking at love from an analytic perspective. He comes to the conclusion that the act of loving is actually an art form, and that being loved is someone practicing their art on you. Being in love is like painting a picture or writing a poem, which is why love is so central to human experience.

*DarknessOfIllness*

The King of Ill Darkness
    Years
    Well, saying "I love you" is a strong concept of words that mean nothing except until you give it meaning to someone else. I say that she's in love with you because she feels like a strong affection is bonding towards one another.

Back