• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is one thing in pokemon you would get rid of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I would want to get rid of trade evolutions, or make another way to evolve them instead of having to make a friend just to evolve your Kadabra or Haunter. Also I would want to remove EV's, as it was better without them, and make the only way to have pokemon with a boost in certain stats is to get the correct nature.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2011
    The HMs.

Not all of them though. Surf and Waterfall are really usefull but i hate it when i'm forced to waste a moveslot on my pokemons for downright terrible attacks like Rock Smash and Cut.

Ayselipera

I'd get rid of the fact you can't delete HM moves unless you go to the move deleter guy. ):

Amen! :D

I can't believe this didn't cross my mind. I can't tell you how many times I've had to rush through the game just to get to the move deleter's house before my Pokemon was able to learn a new move that I wanted it to know. Unfortunately if you don't make it on time you then have to search the region for a Heart Scale. Which by the way was so much harder in Heart Gold and Soul Silver then in Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    The only real problem I see is that it alienates the more casual players and the more...elitist of competitive battlers will harass them for it. I feel this problem can be solved if NPCs in the future games intrinsically explained EVs and IVs to the player. The games don't have to get all technical like, "Hey player, did you know that if you kill a lot of Zubats, you'll get a +1 EV to your pokemon's speed, and that if you kill 252 of them, your pokemon's speed will be 63 points higher than it would be otherwise?"...something simple like, "Hey player. Did you know that by killing a lot of pokemon wiht high speed, your pokemon will start growing in speed more quickly? It's true!" would easily suffice.

I agree with this. I just started playing HeartGold and fell in love with the game. I hadn't liked pokemon this much since G/S/C (hmm... probably because HG is the remake of G, haha). So I found this community, and started hearing about EV. To me, it's all a foreign concept. But it sounds interesting. I wish the game would explain it. I feel kind of alienated.

Last edited:

Noka

I'ma nerd
    Years
  • well he carries the god of his universe on his belt in a little ball so it wouldn't be that farfetched.

You missed the chance for a pun here. x.x

Anyway, I wish they would get rid of HMs; they're a waste of a move slot. Plus, it's kind of ridiculous. From a gameplay point of view, you have to teach a water pokemon how to swim when you teach it surf. You have to teach a pokemon more than capable of ramming into rocks on how to ram into rocks. You have to teach a flying pokemon how to fly. That last one, I think, is the most extreme example I can think of when it comes to how strange HMs are.

In my opinion, pokemon like that should automatically be able to be used to clear obstructions; if not that, provide us some items to use instead of HMs.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'd get rid of Jynx. >:<

On a serious note, I'd get rid of Event Pokemon. Well, the newer ones aren't that bad, in my opinion (the Event Pokemon you can get through WiFi), but the older ones, where you had to travel, were dreadful. :o I shouldn't have to travel several miles just to get one Pokemon. >:<

Also, I might get rid of the useless HM's like Defog. :\ I don't mind some HM's (such as Fly and Surf), but the more useless ones that just make it easier to see, are a bit pointless. :\

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • When it comes to the games I hate Trade Evolutions and how long it takes to train a pokemon.

When it comes to the anime I seriously want rid of Team Rocket. When there is a cool battle and you can't wait to see who wins then suddenly, Team Rocket come on in and make a stupid attempt to vacuum up pokemon. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Sinnoh.... LOL
    I'd also get rid of the Dragon type, it's so cheap, seeing as you can't get a decent Ice or Dragon type before the elite four, Lance and Clair kick your ass.

Assault

Exotic Water Pokemon Hunter
    Years
  • Sinnoh.... LOL
    I'd also get rid of the Dragon type, it's so cheap, seeing as you can't get a decent Ice or Dragon type before the elite four, Lance and Clair kick your ass.

On Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you can capture Palkia before entering the Elite 4. Palkia being Dragon/Water type. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014

On Diamond/Pearl/Platinum you can capture Palkia before entering the Elite 4. Palkia being Dragon/Water type. :)
    I've never played 4th gen games all the way through. Got to the second gym and couldn't stand it anymore. :) Besides, I hate legendary users.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I want to get rid of all the critisism pokemon is getting.

Thats all i want.

Mickeycricky

Mickeycricky
    Years
  • I would get rid of the HM's -__- HATE those things. I would probably get rid of trade evolutions also. Both are extremely annoying and time consuming.

nakoma

gothic pokemon person
    Years
  • The anime after the jhoto arc. Make them start a new anime with a new character going with may and max then said new character going with dawn.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • Um, I think probably I'd make fewer HMs. I mean I understand cut, fly, surf... But defog? Really? Even rock smash was too much for me. Means I need to have a whole bunch of slaves, which I hate having to coordinate

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I agree with this. I just started playing HeartGold and fell in love with the game. I hadn't liked pokemon this much since G/S/C (hmm... probably because HG is the remake of G, haha). So I found this community, and started hearing about EV. To me, it's all a foreign concept. But it sounds interesting. I wish the game would explain it. I feel kind of alienated.

Glad you agree with my idea. :D

Personally, I'd like to see the EV system overhauled so that they're more akin to the Ability Points from WoW. You gain so many after defeating certain pokemon in-game, and then you can allocate them to whichever stat you want later on. Something like that can make it easier to mange EVs for an in-game team. :D

IVs should stay as they are though, it's an effective way to add diversity to each species of pokemon in the game. :P

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • definatley the PP aspect of moves. god i hate it so much. really annoying.

Years
  • I thought when you got Fly, that you fly to the town yourself.

That would be awesome.

But the hm's have seriously gotta go.
    Your exploring, go somewhere you though never existed, and theres a damn rock infornt of your way. Come on NINTENDO!

oh, and cycling road is annoying.. like theres no point of it

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back