• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the Creepiest Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Cubone is often seen as one of the cute and cuddly Pokemon. It is pretty creepy, though.
    Mimikyu comes with creepy unknown factors as well. It wears a disguise that resembles a Pikachu.
    Drifloon -This ghost balloon is especially creepy.
    Froslass is another Ghost-type Pokemon with horrifying personality details.

All good picks. You can easily make the argument Froslass is the creepiest Mon of them all

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021

Good pick. What do you think makes Inteleon so creepy? Is it the lankiness? Dude looks like a piece of paper. I can't stand that line, which is a shame because I'm a water starter junkie and a sucker for water Pokemon in general, with it being my #1 favorite type and all

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    Cofagrigus is scary and creepy as always. Based on its appearance , like an egyptian coffin with a mummy . Eek scary

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Cofagrigus is scary and creepy as always. Based on its appearance , like an egyptian coffin with a mummy . Eek scary

I actually think it's badass and not as creepy as your Hypnos Drifloons and Froslasses. But I respect your opinion my friend

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    It's not just their design or what their Dex entry says they do that makes a Pokemon creepy. The how and the why they do their stuff also plays a factor.

Which is why I think Drifloon comes out on top. It just mindlessly abducts kids. This doesn't benefit the Drifloon in any way. The souls that Drifloon's body is stuffed with, and that it is always adding to, will eventually cause the Drifloon to just burst. So, for no reason, it just robs families of their children and does so with no emotion about it. And how old would a brand new Trainer be who is just starting out on their Pokemon journey? Oh, just about the right age where they'd still get excited at the sight of a balloon and try to go grab it. How many new Trainers have gone missing at the hands of Drifloon? Drifblim stands out enough that you can see it's a Pokemon, but if you didn't already know about Drifloon, well, you'd think it was just another ordinary balloon, and that would be the end of you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    The one thing I find creepy is Ghost Pokemon created from the souls of people, particularly Yamask. "Yamask's Revenge" by comic artist Alex Law is a good exploration of this.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2023
    Gothitelle's entry is sad but sometimes creepy. Especially its cry eek

Lumineon's cry is creepy, other pokemon cries that are creepy are:
    Hatterenee
    Dusknoir
    Lumineon
    Gothitelle
    Mimikyu
    Spiritomb

I find victreebel creepy lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SupYB

Is this like a chat tag or something?
    Years
    Zarude's face in his official art terrifies me to this day. That mouth and those red eyes uuugh. Nothing compares :x

Ok you clearly haven't seen Steelix. That face tho...

Steelix always scared me a little... Litwick is pretty creepy too but it's also my favorite Pokémon :>

Ye Steelix is just no cap the creepiest pokemon. That face is just downright disturbing

Hypno is the creepiest Pokemon out there. There is something about Hypno that makes me feel uncomfortable about it, more than any Pokemon.

I never really found Hypno that creepy but ok. There's no way that Hypno could be creepier than Steelix tho, just look at that face. I'm sure there are reasons as to why you may think Hypno is creepy, but Steelix's face is just plain disturbing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Agree with people who said Hypno and Shiinotic here, but... can we talk about extremely humanoid Pokémon? Most of the Pokémon mentioned here are the standard brand of scary/2spooky4me, but there's something deeply unsettling about Pokémon that heavily resemble humans without incorporating some kind of animal (e.g. Incineroar, Lucario), robotic (e.g. Bisharp) or cartoon (e.g. the Makuhita line) feature. That's the Uncanny Valley for you.

Examples include:
    -The Machop line, especially Machamp.
    -Mr. Mime and Mr. Rime.
    -The Hitmons, except 'Top who looks more bear-like.
    -Throh and Sawk.
    -Lopunny and its Mega Evolution.
    -The Gothita line.
    -The Forces of Nature in their Incarnate forms. (Just wait 'til you see it... some of you might know what I'm talking about.)
    -Morgrem and Grimmsnarl (but not Impidimp, because it looks more cartoony).

And the worst of them all...

-JYNX. SWEET ARCEUS, JYNX. It's even worse after she got purple skin, because she now looks like a gangrened flesh lump in the shape of a human. Her cry absolutely doesn't help - it scared the pants out of me when I first encountered her in Platinum. She should not exist, at all.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    What is the Creepiest Pokemon?

Darkrai is the creepiest Pokémon in the entire series, a Pokémon that wouldn't seem out of place as the main monster in a horror movie. If you took Freddy Krueger and made him a Pokémon, he would be Darkrai. Like Freddy Krueger, Darkrai is responsible for causing people to suffer from endless nightmares, to which, in Darkrai's case, they can't wake up from without Cresselia's Lunar Wings, resulting in the deaths of many people in the Pokémon series. This is such a dark fact for a dark Pokémon. The game attempts to rationalize it, perhaps to keep the game rated "E" for "everyone, by mentioning that Darkrai only does it to protect himself from harm. Um . . . my booty that's true! Mr. Darkrai, much more reasonable ways exist to protect yourself, sir! Also, you're a Dark-type, a type that is notorious for using moves that are unethical, so I know you're not above lying to make yourself look somewhat better, Darkrai. Also, anybody that remembers the creepiness of the Darkrai event in Pokémon Platinum involving the dilapidated Harbor Inn in Canalave City and Newmoon Island would likely agree that Darkrai wins the ribbon for being the creepiest Pokémon ever.

A few other Pokémon are creepy as well. Grapploct is lowkey terrifying. The way it chases the player in the overworld in Pokémon Sword/Shield makes me want to avoid the water. Appearance-wise, it looks creepy whenever it opens its mouth. In addition, I always thought his cry sounded creepy, as if it should have belonged to a Ghost-type Pokémon instead of a Fighting-type, pseudo-Water-type Pokémon. However, I recently saw a YouTube comment that mentioned how Grapploct's cry sounds as if he's saying, "I smell cheese," which I can't unhear now. Shiinotic is another creepy Pokémon. What makes Shiinotic so creepy is the fact that, despite looking super cute and being a Fairy-type, a type often associated with goodness, Shiinotic enjoys ensuring you get lost in the forest before putting you to sleep with its spores and draining your vitality. In the process, it does it all while maintaining that creepy smile on its face. The Sinnoh legendary Pokémon Giratina is also creepy, mainly how he, she, or it lives in the Distortion World and, more recently in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Pokémon Shining Pearl, in Turnback Cave, both of which are creepy locations. I'm sure you Platinum players remember the cutscene with Giratina before the Distortion World part. Giratina also seems to be based on Lucifer, as an evil counterpart of Arceus, who is supposed to be based on God. That alone makes the thing creepy. Unova legendary Pokémon Kyurem is creepy because the entire town of Lacunosa is terrified that it would "steal" people and Pokémon, then eat them. Also, Kyurem's appearance is off-putting. Cofagrigus is also disturbing. That fact it has no problem turning people into mummies really made me think Game Freak was definitely attempting to gear generation V towards adults compared to the other generations. Finally, this probably might only be true for me, but female Pokémon that look weirdly humanoid creep me out to a degree, especially Pokémon like Gothitelle, Pheromosa, Jynx, and so on. Something about them just look . . . off, especially Pheromosa in Pokémon Refresh.

TepigLover101

I am a tepig who has hair
    Years
    froslass is a very.... chilling *flowey troll smile from undertale* pokemon, it will freeze any pokemon or humans that come across it and then put them in their home as decoration, I mean they make for perfect antagonists but that it still one of the creepiest things to me

Years
    Shedinja I guess. It's a dead shell, has the weirdest evo method, and apparently sucks your soul if you peer into the crack on its back. Add it to the list of "Reasons why it's good that Pokemon don't exist irl"

h4ppyp1lls

Wooper Enthusiast
    Years
    Yall ever checked Palossand's dex entries? The Moon dex says "Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained." In Sword, its entry states that "Palossand is known as the Beach Nightmare. It pulls its prey down into the sand by controlling the sand itself, and then it sucks out their souls." That's the creepiest thing ever.

Yall ever checked Palossand's dex entries? The Moon dex says "Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained." In Sword, its entry states that "Palossand is known as the Beach Nightmare. It pulls its prey down into the sand by controlling the sand itself, and then it sucks out their souls." That's the creepiest thing ever.

Oh yes, this one is terrifying too. Yet I can't help but want to try using this monster on my USUM team. ❤️

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
    Years
    I find mons like beheyeem, sigilyph, bronzong, claydol and dusknoir really unsettling. it's something about their blank stares with bright colored eyeballs..

Mario60866

Banned
    Years
    The creepiest Pokemon in my opinion has to be Phantump. While its lore and backstory is supposed to be creepy, I always think of it as coming out of nowhere because back a few years ago I once encountered this guy in online play who would persistently start trades with me and trade me Phantumps for seemingly no reason.

Back