• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen what is the hardest pkm to catch

LOOK at the Topic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    Chansey's are as hard as hec to find and catch.They always run from me.That goes for Dragonair too.

In my opinion,legends aren't hard to catch,specially when you ahve a level 100 blastoise in FR/LG..

Years
    From me is logically the mewtwo the ultimate poke.

Some times the red pokeball is easier than the ultraball but the best ;) the MASTERBALL

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2005
    I'd have to go with either the Legends or Chansey. It drove me crazy trying to find Chansey and catching Entei was pretty hard.

Years
    Legends are pretty easy cause you can save in front of them once you find them, with the acception of the legendary dogs and Lati@s'. I'd have to say Kangaskhan. Chansey has been easy for me to catch whenever I tried, but Kangaskhan was fairly hard.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I would have to say Chansey. It takes a long time to finally find one. And when you do it runs away before you throw a single pokeball.

Years
    I'd have to say the Lati's... I know somebody who has Latias down to the red zone and FROZEN... and she still breaks out of an Ultra Ball. Tough, aren't they?

BlisseysCharizard

What?! Chansey Is Evolving!
    Years
    This is Pretty weird, but the hardset pokemon for me to capture is Delibird. I've throw at least 15 Ultra Balls at it and it hasn't gotten in once. Even with 1 HP left, it can pull a surprise on anyone.

ponyta rules

ponyta rules
    Years
    I took me forever to catch Tauros in the safari zone and loads of times i ran out of balls and after that it took me forever to find a Tauros again.I found it fairly easy to catch legendary Pokemon especially Zapdos it only took me 2 ultra balls to catch it so i wouldn't count the legendary Pokemon as my hardest to catch.As for the rest of them,they all took me a lot of time to catch aswell.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Larvitar (in FR) was the Pokemon I found hardest to catch. I used about 3 Great Balls, 30 Pokeballs and one Ultra Ball. Finally, after restarting the game several times, I caught it.

Years
    For me I would have to say Articuno.

I had an very hard time catching this bird.

The hardest non legendary pokemon I ever had a hard time cacthing would be defently Kangaskan.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    None of the Legendaries are hard to catch if you have the right Pokes with you (Read: Wobbuffet), enough Full Restores, and enough Poke Balls.

Safari Zone Pokes are a whole different issue altogether. You get 30 crappy Safari Balls and a choice of either feeding the Poke (making it harder to catch), throwing a rock (making it quicker to flee), or taking a chance of doing nothing. Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Tauros are the most rare. Personally, I was able to catch 25% more Khans and Tauros than Chansey. Chansey is the most unpredictable and if you catch it on your first try then consider yourself very lucky. It took me longer to catch 30 of them than it did 30 of Khan/Tauros.

Back