• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the longest you have gone without sleep? (And Why?)

How long have you gone without Sleep?

• 20 Hours or less

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 20-23 hours

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 24-27 hours

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 28-31 hours

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 32-35 hours

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 36-39 hours

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 40-42 hours

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 43-46 hours

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 47-50 hours

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 51-54 hours

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 55-58 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 59-62 hours

• 63-66 hours

• 67-70 hours

• 71-74 hours

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 75 Hours or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Heh, I think I'm the champion.

Appx. 80 hours. I had shingles, and the pain kept me awake. Every time I might even try to doze off, a spike of pain would occur.

So, I win :P

Mooshykris

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Wow, reading all your stories makes me feel like such a loser. XD; I haven't even stayed up 24 hours yet, although that's definitely gonna change this summer. The most I've gone without sleep is maybe 20 hours tops. XD; I'm planning some all-nighter fun this summer, though, so that's gonna change. n_n

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Let's see... most for me is about 72 hours, I think. :/ Haha, I had to stay up a few days in a row to do an art project last minute. :'D This has happened a few times.

However, last year I had insomnia for a few months. I went about a month of getting 0-3 hours of sleep everyday before I got prescription pills, if that counts.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Probably like 20 hours, I don't remember when though.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    1 and 1/2 days.
    Why?
    I really wanted to beat my record on on koopa tetris in super mario party advance.
    the worst part is, i didn't even beat my record of 2,850 points.
    but upon hearing this, i really want to stay up for a couple of days.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    roflmao @ ^. That's so awesome.

Longest I've gone is about 45 hours. I spent nearly all of them on IRC. That just disgusts me. Oh well 8D

ETA: Actually, it must have been 50, because I remember hitting a roundish number then letting myself sleep, and I was up for over two days... That's even sadder ><;;

Last edited:

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
    Like 22 or something. All nighters are for geeks :P real men get there rest

Senjistar

Dazzling ;)
    Years
    I'd say 28 hours. What a mistake that was. I can't even hold a cup without sleep. I was dropping stuff, stumbling into things, eyes were terrible. No reason except stupidity.

Years
    I've pulled a double all-nighter. My birthday party and the birthday party of one of my friends were on two consecutive days, and a bunch of us stayed up all night at each party. However, I was the only one that did it at both parties.

Afterward, I slept close to 21 hours. ^_^;

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    woweee, Lightning that is a lot of lack of sleep :| !!! and t3hjolteon, that is impressive. did you know that the rolling stones went 3 weeks or something ridiculous without sleep as they were doing a tour? yeah, they were pretty much exhausted after that i bet!

mines about 38 hours. i had an all nighter with my mates at a house party, we watched the sun rise then we walked home, i caught the bus from my mates house and i was dropping asleep on the bus. very strange, my imagination was running riot, i could hear distorientated voices, you know, like you get when youre just nodding off to sleep and you start to enter dream world.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Probably 71-74. It was 2 more days before new year [2008] though. Me, my peers and friends are having fun at my other friend's house. lol I spent half of the day preparing and lighting fireworks displays, and whole day playing Pokemon Diamond. My friends doesn't like to sleep every last 2 days of the year. They want to spend it for fun.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I voted for 28-31 hours; though, I'm not sure of the exact amount of time. After a plane flight back home, I never sleep a few hours before the flight, during the flight or about 10 hours after the flight.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    I've probably only gone without sleep for around 20+ hours, and even then, I tend to nod off every once in awhile xD; The only reason for this to happen would be because of... well, I was in a situation where I couldn't sleep in order to protect something sacred to me from being stolen from childish friends ><;

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    I once stayed up for about 80 hours when I was little, about 5 or 6 or 7. It's because I had seen something on this Disney Channel Halloween special, The Proud Family I think, and I had kind of made it even scarier, so I stayed up to not see it in my dreams. I probably got drunk on those stupid Barbie books. And somehow I managed to stay up without dozing off through all the days.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    About 48 hours,. was during last christmas holidays.

I just got my new computer so I didnt want to get off it. So I stayed up all night playing online poker:P
    After that I got addicted to it for a while :P

Years
    It was on my 12th birthday, I think.
    Two friends of mine and me stayed up the whole night. We played video games, laughed a lot and after sometime: OMG it's morning again!! That was the funniest night Ive ever had.
    Later I even fell asleep in the car cuz I couldnt keep my eyes open lol.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I.. I've never been able to stay up for more than 24 hours. ^^;;

I tried to once.. I ended up falling asleep and woke up 3 hours later. That was a really bad day for me, I was jumpy and my cat kept scaring me. >.>;

I like sleep too much to try and stay awake. XD;

I guess that's why I don't get why people have insomnia..

Natalie♥

Not even the sky is the limit
    Years
    I once stayed up for about 80 hours when I was little, about 5 or 6 or 7. It's because I had seen something on this Disney Channel Halloween special, The Proud Family I think, and I had kind of made it even scarier, so I stayed up to not see it in my dreams. I probably got drunk on those stupid Barbie books. And somehow I managed to stay up without dozing off through all the days.

When you were 6 and 7, you could barely stay up till midnight on New Year's Eve.
    The longest I've stayed up was about a day and a half. I was using my dad's laptop the whole time. I was 12 and very addicted to the internet.

Back