• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the longest you have gone without sleep? (And Why?)

How long have you gone without Sleep?

• 20 Hours or less

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • 20-23 hours

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • 24-27 hours

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 28-31 hours

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 32-35 hours

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 36-39 hours

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 40-42 hours

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 43-46 hours

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • 47-50 hours

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • 51-54 hours

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 55-58 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 59-62 hours

• 63-66 hours

• 67-70 hours

• 71-74 hours

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • 75 Hours or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    30 hours. ;_;
    we had a sleepover with like, 8 people?

you should try to go to sleep when your friend tries to throw popcorn in your ear.

The-master-trainer

Chatot rocks!
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    all night and day after I watched this really scary ghost show. and once for the same amount oftime playing my harvest moon DS games. Time flys by when playing that.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Like, 6 days. Legit.

There was a time in my life when I would hardly sleep, and my body was running solely off non-prescription caffeine pills, red bull, and my own ego. Which is massive, btw.

...Eventually I ended up crashing after that, though. I still don't sleep much, even today. Last night I probably got somewhere between 4 and 7 hours of sleep ._.;

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    About 24 hours, It was new year and I just didnt go to bed, so started the new year tired xD

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    About 28 hours. Went to a friend's house and we stayed up all night, which was easy because I'd gotten up so late that day, but then the day after I forgot I'd arranged to go to pizza hut, and ended up staying up a couple of hours more, and then when I got home I slept for about 3 hours then got up again XD.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    72 Hours everyone! People who talked to me should know I stayed up for about 3 straight days. I had some form of insomnia that I could never figure out. It went away eventually, but up to now I still can't sleep regularly. XD

Years
  • I'd say about 24 hours. However, this wasn't because I wanted to pull an all-nighter. I was traveling from Germany to the United States. I just couldn't sleep on the plane, and I stayed awake during my layover. I was really lucky that trip, because I finally reached Nebraska really late at night, so I had no jet lag. :D

I'd pull an all-nighter, but long story short, it'd be hard as hell for me to, not to mention it'd probably screw up my sleep schedule more than it already is. :/

Years
  • I don't recall ever staying up for longer than 24 hours, that would be on several occasions where I've tried to pull all-nighters; it would either be the full 24 hours or slightly less. Even so, I would generally avoid staying up for too long since disruptions like that would most likely fiddle with my sleeping pattern, that and it can't honestly be healthy to keep yourself up longer than you really should allow yourself to.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • A little over 24 hours. I'm not one for an all nighter. XD I just was playing WoW because I was bored and couldn't get to sleep. I'm genereally in bed around 10:00pm-11:00pn. :x

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I stayed up for 48 hours for some stupid project on the effects on the human body without sleep. I know I could have done research but I wanted an excuse to stay up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Probably about twenty hours, that's getting up for school, then playing Call of Duty 4 online all night, or something... My hours are nothing amazing but I've never undertaken an 'all-nighter' and am not an insomniac.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Hmm, i'd say 1 - 2 days (i can't remember XD), I was dared to stay up as long as i could (i wasn't aloud energy drinks or anything).

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Three days sweeties. My reason? Four words...Super Smash Bros Brawl. The only thing that kept me and my brother running was adrenaline and fanboyism. XD

I remember crashing on the fourth day, sweeties. XD

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I'm the loser of this thread. XDD

I've stayed up twenty-one hours straight, during my birthday party when I turned twelve. We stayed up until about five am, and I went to sleep first, since I valued my awake time. I don't know why, but I never really liked to stay up extremely late. It always ruined my sleep schedule and left me completely irritable for several days. In the years since that birthday party, I've managed a couple 3ams, 4ams, with the most recent being 3:30am last week. :3

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I had four days without sleep. The reason? It was for a science fair project two years ago. The daily side effects of insomnia, including an hourly log of how I'm doing currently. I just want you to know, it was absolute hell after day two. I was seeing things out of the corner of my eyes, food tasted like Phlegm, and my nose started to bleed profusely even though I have no history if it happening ever before. On day four, I just sat on my bed and stared at the television for the entire day, and then fell asleep sometime after 8pm ( that was my last log ).
    I wouldn't recommend it at all, because I was only given a B- for my project <_<

Back