• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the worst thing about school?

What is the worst part about school?

• Total voters

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    The worst part of school? Probably the idiots i had to deal with. They hated the way i dressed, they hated my hair and they hated my taste of music. So basically all the people who bullied or despised me.

Plus homework! I used to get 5 every day.. it get's so dire sometimes (i think everyone agrees with me here)!

I had nothing wrong with teachers, they're just there to help and teach you. I also had no trouble with the subjects. But then again, the distance to school would probably take me an hour, which meant i had to get up around 6:30.. honestly! Why does anybody bother?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Teachers often make the lesson.

If you don't have a tecaher that is willing to support you through difficulties (either to do with bullies or difficult work) or if you have one that just doesn't like you then you're going to find the course much more of a struggle than a liberating learning experience.

Years
  • The bullying and teasing.

Difficult to stop. It can follow the victim at times, as though there is something about them, like an invisible bull's eye just asking for the dagger's and poison darts to be aimed & shot at no discretion.

Even a few years of it before the victim hardens and/or raises his-or-her self above the degradation of self-esteem, and the former victim can have issues normally not possessed by the typical other. Life becomes difficult in the later years.

It has for me...

~H.o.t Dawn~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, kind of what Hair_of_the_Dawn said, but also, the longer classes in High school. -_-

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • sitting next to a kid that pokes you with a mechanical pencil!!!!! lol no thats not it, but its true and it hurts......

No, the real bad thing is locks\combinations! I only have 4-5 minutes to get to class and this is what i have to do in that time:

1. get to locker and get books
    2. go to the bathroom
    3. fix my hair ;)
    4. make sure my phone is off/vibrate
    5. sharpen pencils

yeah....think you can do that in 4 minutes? I can't....

I have to do that too! You wouldn't happen to go to east millbrook, would you...?

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Knowing that I'm not going anymore ;_;

oh alright, I'd say
    1. having to get up early.
    2. in NYC, there is no such thing as a snow day. Unless you live in an area that snow can trap you in (me), you go to school. It doesn't matter if there is four feet of snow on the ground
    3. Having to walk to trailer classes in the rain. One of my friends slipped down a flight of stairs
    4. Homework
    5. Bad teachers who cant control classes

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • There are too many things that I hate to list =/

FINE. I'll talk.

The number one thing I hate the most about *public* school is their unholy connection to the CPS.
    Honestly. It's like you have to be an ignorant moron who belive the most minor un-important thing is the biggest major thing. Honestly. What's to point of smelling like flowers and crap (long story. basically, I don't bathe often {honestly, I only take a shower like once or maybe twice a week [And no, my parents have nothing to do with it.]})? So what if some kid is Mennonite (my friend)?
    That doesn't mean abuse! (My 20-year-old friend: "You take showers!? I didn't kids still did that!" Me: "Usually I don't when I don't come here")

The second thing I hate is the whole "homework" concept. Honestly.
    We go to that drafty building for EIGHT ****ING HOURS. And when you finally let us out you give us MORE **** to do!?

That's absurd. How can we enjoy being with our families and just being ourselves and resting... IF YOU MAKE US DO MORE **** AT HOME.

There are some brainiacs (like me) who have no use for the work seeing as they already get it. Why bother with doing crap if you have no real benefit from it?
    Hell, I'd say my brother can almost match me and he's only in 4th grade (I'm in 8th) yet he has low SOL scores. (Don't EVER present him with a multiple choice question and expect him to be right. His mind sees it as a guessing game.) Yet his regular grades are fine.
    It's the opposite way for me. I have sucky grades, but I ALWAYS pass the SOLs, AND I'm usually able to comprehend the "lesson" before they finish. Apparently, I was the only kid in my math class (I forget which one, though. x3) to pass advance o.0 (Me? Pass Advance in MATH? o.0)

If I ever become a teacher (which I probably wont due to those insignifigaint- I think you get my point), I'll just explain the concept (in such a way that I don't make the molehill into a mountain, yet I go in-depth enough to tell them what to do. Perhaps I can develop a system so I know when to shut up. x3), maybe do an activity, and give them a worksheet or two. Do this for 2-3 concepts and surprise 'em with a big ol' pop quiz. x3

Which brings me to my next point. The teachers.
    Not all of them are bad, I'll admit. I acctually like a couple of them (My reading/english teacher... most people hate him or think he's a weirdo, but he can be pretty cool depending on how you look at him. {He IS weird, though. He tries to be weird or boring or a nerd or something, when in real life he's actually a punk (He has a TATTOO. Nerds/whatever he's trying to be DON'T have Tattoos..) x3 Sometimes he tries to hard... lol. [How do we know? we can sometimes see a small glimps of it. And how do we know about him being a punk? We caught him of guard and somehow got him to tell us about what he does outside of school x3 (He's usually all "My personal life shouldn't be any of your concern")]}. Yeah, he's weird, but he's awesome =3
    And my Challange teacher from last year as well. She's just like me. {You ever seen that classroom? I'm surprised she can find her lesson plans in that mess x3} How often do you find a teacher that's like you? Not often, I don't think.
    My teacher in Kindergarden/1st grade {she does double-duty on us... I forget exactly how she did it. I think she teaches a lesson to one grade while the other does work or something =/ [The 1st graders "prime time" was when the kindergartners had their nap time. o.0 I wonder if any of the kindergartners secretly listen in on the 1st graders? (we shared the same room, since there where only ever like 6 1st graders there o.0)]} was awesome. Then again, I guess everyone can say that.
    Same goes for my Second grade teacher. She was awesome. And her sub was cool too {She had a baby, so she had a sub come in for a long while}
    and in 5th grade, all my teachers rocked. The one that stands out is my Math/Writing teacher. Hahah, she was obsessed with frogs. I swear, no matter where you look, you'd see SOMETHING relating to frogs. She even has a few frogs in a tank. And like my Second Grade teacher, she also had a baby, and had a cool sub. She even gave us all a picture of him! =3 {I saw her the other day when I went back there and she was still awesome! ...I don't think I saw alot of frogs, though =/ [That was her quirk. a room filled with nothing but frogs o.0 it even spilled over into the hallways and I'm like "Is our mascot a frog? o.0"] Then again, it was only like the second week of school. Five bucks says if I go back there within the next month, I'll see it infested with frog stuff o.0 [Maybe next time I go there I'll give her plush frog... or something...]})
    Okay, I guess the Teachers up until 5th grade are good. 6th and later though, say "bye-bye" to your childhood. =\

Don't even get me started on Middle and High School students. They are a nightmare.
    Idiots. All of them. All they care about is looking sexy and being "in" and crap.
    Spreading gossip and rumors about "OMG She's dating this guy, EEEWWW!!" "Did you hear? So-and-so likes (something not considered "in")" and shunning people just because they have a certain interest or dress a certain way.
    What happened to the acceptance we had back in Elementary School!?
    Gawd.

And that's only the TIP of the iceburg.
    _____

I think I've won the award for one of the longest posts on PC. >.>

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The worst thing about school is easily the massive amount of homework they give you. It already lasts six hours, why take away an extra two hours from my life everyday?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I think school is a little bit wierd because they usually teach u the same thing in about ever few years.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Other:

When the clock strikes 8:05:01

That is the worst thing about school, plus i have English-II first Hour.....I dont really like English Classes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    The worst thing about school is the homework! At my old school we had about 4 hours of homework every night. Now I'm at a new school and they only give us about 45 min. each night, which is much better.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • Teachers and homework. The are closely related. Teachers can be great, but some just shouldn't be teaching. The teachers who give too much work, or the work they give is too complicated, etc. Here's an example: I had to make a map for history class. History (used) to be my favorite class and I've made maps before. But no, this is different. The teacher doesn't want to tilt his little head to read words written on a curve (and even they are, who actually tilts their head to read them, maybe he's just stupid). Not to mention that real maps are labeled like that! No, I have to waste my time drawing lines with a ruler so I can write the country names straight. It's not over! I have to label the capitals too. Oh joy, this mess of a map is going to be great!

You know what his reasoning for this crazy method of labeling is (not the stupid "I don't want to tilt my head" reason)? BECAUSE IT'S NEATER!

But I've had some pretty awesome teachers in the past - and guess what, they were history teachers!

</rant>

Back