• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Im sure they're common, but anyone have any info on these two cards I found?

They're bootleg stickers. These kind of stickers were pretty common in 50-cent machines around 1999-2000. I remember seeing and getting them at the local grocery store, Kmart, and even a couple restaurants. Despite being fake, I think I enjoy them even more than most real cards! I miss seeing them...

The two you have are based on Blaine's Quiz #3 and Blaine's Doduo.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Counterfeit indeed. I've got a few of them myself for the novelty of it. Bootlegs like that make me smile, so I suggest holding on to it for the laughs. :)

Here's some of mine with the legit cards featured as well so you can see the differences. Make sure you're not buying cards or packs from places like dollar stores, since that's where these counterfeits tend to show up.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 28, 2019
How much is my 1400 Hp Samurott worth

Yo guys, when i was looking through my old pokemon cards, I found a 1400 Hp Samurott. I was confused and i was wondering if it is worth any money.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Dec 2, 2022
Set Values

Hello everyone, I have gotten back into collecting and playing a little over a year ago and started pieceing together sets and decks again. Was wondering if anyone here could tell me the value and complete sets. Here are the sets I have managed to complete since I have started collecting and playing again, I have all the commons, uncommons, rares, GX/EX and Full Arts for the SM sets ( a few secret rares) and I have all the cards for Fates Collide and Steam Siege including the Secret Rares and Full Arts. I also have quite a few foils for all the sets listed below. I wasnt going to list the foils and secret rares I have for the sets, so prices can reflect as if I dont have any of the secrets or foils for the SM sets.

XY: Steam Siege (All cards including Secrets, no foils)
XY: Fates Collide (All cards including Secrets, no foils)
Sun and Moon Base Set (All Full Arts, Secret Solgaleo and Tauros , no foils)
SM: Guardians Rising (All Full Arts, No secrets, No foils)
SM: Burning Shadows (All Full Arts, No secrets, No Foils)
SM: Crimson Invasion (All Full Arts, No secrets, No foils)
SM: Shining Legends (All Full Arts, No Secrets, No Foils)

I am considering spending a few days and making a list of all cards I have including secret rares, deck lists, foils, and extra copies of rares to see if anyone could give me a value of my collection in case I decide to sell. Would it me worth the time and effort it would take to do so? I really would hate to spend that time and then not get a solid value on my collection.

Thanks for looking and any replies.

NK

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hm, knowing the net total of an entire set isn't as black and white as selling a single. I mean, none of those commons, uncommons, or non-holo rares are going to go for much of anything, to be fair. Plus there's usually sellers who do discounts when people buy in bulk. Are you open to that? What about people who haggle? There's sorta a lot you need to be mindful of when selling a completed set! You need to be very "customer first", ya know?

It would be beneficial to actually list out each card (including set information / number), the condition of each card, and include a picture (front and back) if you want an accurate appraisal. Preferably for anything holofoil, promotional, or rare. I know it's a lot of work but, honestly, if you do sell the sets it's good to have a complete complication of everything you sell in case of a buyer dispute. Especially when you sell in high volume. It's just as much a safety measure for your benefit as it is for price accuracy.

Sadly, you can't just ask potential buyers to take your word for these things.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 7, 2019
Hi guys. Looking for info on these cards

Hi, First post here. Sorted through some old stuff at my parents, and came across my old Pokemon folder. I am wondering if anyone can give me any information on the following cards, the value etc. I don't think I would sell these due to the nostalgia and sentiment from them (brought a lot of memories back haha)
I have looked myself but cannot find a definitive answer for the following;

1. Promo Meowth (sealed) GBA TCG promo. I have seen some in a sealed packet, but mine is sealed and contains a little information booklet inside the seal with the card. I have yet to see this from my searching online?

2. Japanese Rockets Mewtwo

3. Shining Steelix

4. E series Reverse holo Blastoise

5. E series Foil Charizard

6. E series non foil Venasaur

7. Japanese Feraligatr

8. E series Typhlosion holo

9. E series foil Mewtwo

Thanks guys, I have a photo but not too clear

Liam

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hmm.. Your sealed promo Meowth intrigues me. I'd like to know more about it but I also can't seem to find anything about packaging.

You've got a good little collection based on how many E-series cards you have, generally speaking they're going for quite a bit right now. Though, it's hard to appraise without any idea of the condition or pictures. If you could take pics, that would be very helpful! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 7, 2019
Hmm.. Your sealed promo Meowth intrigues me. I'd like to know more about it but I also can't seem to find anything about packaging.

You've got a good little collection based on how many E-series cards you have, generally speaking they're going for quite a bit right now. Though, it's hard to appraise without any idea of the condition or pictures. If you could take pics, that would be very helpful! :)

The Meowth one has a french translation insert, and there is also more text on the other side, but because it is sealed I have no clue what lol.

IMG-4246.JPG

IMG-4245.JPG

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
Hey, I've got this old PocketMonsters card that I have no Idea what it is. I'm not even totally sure that it is real. I hope this thread is still active lol. Please help me. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_212956.jpg
    IMG_20190306_212956.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190306_212951.jpg
    IMG_20190306_212951.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
I have a PocketMonsters card that I have no idea what it is

I recently acquired a PocketMonsters card and it depicts a Dragonite on one side, there is a small orange pokeball on the top left corner with the number 1148 on it, with very shiny holo around it and covering the rest of the card, except the large "PocketMonsters" on the bottom of the card. The other side has a Parisect, with no holo, but a pink striped background, and there is too an orange Pokeball that displeys the number 1147. Its also slightly slammer than the average pokemon card. Ive attached some pictures. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190306_212951.jpg
    IMG_20190306_212951.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20190306_212956.jpg
    IMG_20190306_212956.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Ychew

Artist and collector
Years
1996 pocket monsters energy cards with characters and numbers in the corners.

I'm hoping someone knows their pocket monsters history and is willing to share their knowledge with me.

Attachments

• 0862BB2A-EC17-4D12-814E-6C2D01970738.jpeg
    0862BB2A-EC17-4D12-814E-6C2D01970738.jpeg
    893.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 4EB8474B-3D58-43B0-94F5-4A149A245657.jpeg
    4EB8474B-3D58-43B0-94F5-4A149A245657.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 8
Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Jun 8, 2019
Hi

I have two Rainbow energy holo cards from the Team Rocket set number 17/82. Its in English and no suggestion they are 1st ed. My query is the holo effects on them are very different – see pictures. I have looked around but I can seem to find out which is the normal one and whether the other is a variation or a misprint. Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks

Attachments

• rainbow energy.jpg
    rainbow energy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Years
I'm hoping someone knows their pocket monsters history and is willing to share their knowledge with me.

My apologies, I saw this, got distracted and forgot to come back and reply.

What those are from is the Bulbasaur deck half of the Japan exclusive Intro Pack: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Intro_Pack_(TCG)

Hi

I have two Rainbow energy holo cards from the Team Rocket set number 17/82. Its in English and no suggestion they are 1st ed. My query is the holo effects on them are very different – see pictures. I have looked around but I can seem to find out which is the normal one and whether the other is a variation or a misprint. Anybody know anything about these?

Thanks

Do you have photos of the backsides? The one on the left seems normal. The one on the right almost seems like someone scanned a normal one and printed it as it looks like the normal one would if you shone a flashlight that was bright enough to illuminate the entire card's holo pattern at once, much like a scanner does when scanning an image.

Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Jun 8, 2019
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. These are the backs, in the same positions ie the less sparkly one on the left and the more sparkly one on the right. The left came out of a pack, the right from a market stall as a 'misprint' c 2000, but I have never been able to find out if it is or not. They are of the same quality, and the extra sparkly one has sparkly bits (don't know what I would call them?!) that aren't on the other one, so it cant just be they have all been illuminated at the same time. Hard to show in a photo. Any input gratefully received :-)

Attachments

• 20190318_182845.jpg
    20190318_182845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Years
Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. These are the backs, in the same positions ie the less sparkly one on the left and the more sparkly one on the right. The left came out of a pack, the right from a market stall as a 'misprint' c 2000, but I have never been able to find out if it is or not. They are of the same quality, and the extra sparkly one has sparkly bits (don't know what I would call them?!) that aren't on the other one, so it cant just be they have all been illuminated at the same time. Hard to show in a photo. Any input gratefully received :-)

Okay so the acquisition info makes me suspect the one on the right is a counterfeit, as there are no known misprints or errors of the English version of this particular Rainbow Energy.

Maybe take a video of the sparkling effect? Most Pokemon cards from that era aren't super sparkly.

Years
  • Age 63
  • Seen Jun 8, 2019
Hi

here is the video. The printing on the one on the right is also slightly paler overall and the lines of the image are also a bit thicker?

Thanks again

Attachments

• output.mp4
    15.4 MB

Ychew

Artist and collector
Years
Thank you for the reply and thank you for your time. I will take some better pics so you can examine the cards closer in detail. If the cards are not fakes then I will be pretty happy owning these original cards.

I'm new to this site so navigating through the forms and posting pics correctly is not a skill I have down yet but I'm getting thee.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back