• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What Is Your Favorite 1st And 2nd Gen Game?

What Is Your Favorite 1st And 2nd Gen Game?

• Red

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Yellow

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Silver

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • Crystal

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • What Is Your Favorite 1st And 2nd Gen Game?

My Favorite was Yellow And Crystal!

*Select One 1st Gen Game And One 2nd Gen Game.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Yellow and crystal

Yellow has all the starters obtainable and is quite harder also the storyline differs in a unique ya that you dont see in the remakes :).

Kinda the same for crystal plus its not centered on one of the two ho-oh or lugia. Suicune is also my fav legendary dog ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I'm going to say Red and Crystal, because those were the two that I owned.

Years
  • I liked Blue and Gold.

Yellow had no Magmar, Beedrill, or Raichu, unless traded over. Anyone else miss Beedrill? Bug type was Super-effective on about 1/3 of the pokemon species in the game, including poison-type, though none of the moves had much power.

Crystal had too much emphasis on Suicune, in my opinion, and Ho-oh was my favorite Gen 2 legendary, even if rock-type does get 4x damage.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    1st Gen Games: Blue. I played it quite a bit as a kid and I never got tired of it. Although, I'm more interested in the absurd amount of glitches in the 1st Gen Games.

2nd Gen Games: None. These games bore me to death with their mediocre Pokémon and slow-paced gameplay. However, if I were forced to pick, it would be Crystal. Why this game in particular? Because Pokémon Vietnamese Crystal is very hilarious. x)

Years
  • Yeah, the loss of Gyarados, for one, really hurt. Yes, I know it was still technically in the game, but splitting the special stat hurt it so badly it lost its style. Wouldn't have been so bad if the higher special stat had been Sp Atk. Let's face it, even with Sp Def being higher, it still can't take even weak electrical moves very well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Crystal and Red.

See. Pokemon Crystal is basically Gold and Silver..but better! ^_^

I always pick Crystal over any of the Gen 2 games. It had much more to do and I could play as a girl for the first time too. O.O Crystal is one of my favorite Pokemon Games. It's a shame it didn't get a remake unlike Gold and Silver.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's got to be Gold, Silver, and Crystal. They have included many new features, and had also given us access to Kanto throughout the end to top it all off, which I believed to be pretty cool. As for first generation games, I'll likely have to side with Yellow; although you cannot get any original Red, Blue, and Green starter Pokémon from get-go, you're still able to get your hands on them as you progress through events and whatnot. Also, Professor Oak gives you Pikachu, which follows you around wherever you go; simply adorable!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yellow and Crystal. For some reason I just much prefer the third games to their predecessors, the difficulty usually seems increased and obviously there are expanded features.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I don't have a particular favorite, but I can say that I can't stand Pokémon Yellow.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Is there anyone that hasnt picked yellow and crystal? lol anyways if there is im actually interested in why u liked the other 2 and why u chose 1 over the other.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yellow and Gold. Yellow because you had all the starters which was wow, and then I don't know something just always pulled me in to Gold, I had Silver and crystal, but I never played them near as much as I played Gold. I just preferred Gold for some reason, even now I prefer it.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • Red and Gold for me. I remember spending hours on the original red and I even had the remake of it. And gold because I spent my own money for it when I was kid. I think that was the first game I ever bought myself.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have to say Yellow for generation I. Being able to get all the starters was my little kid dream come true. I really love how it correlated with the anime which is something I really identified with at that time/age. Only thing that made me sad was that Brock and Misty never traveled with you, but I can understand why that didn't happen now that I'm older looool...

My favorite game for Generation II was Silver. It was the first main series Pokemon game I beat and the first game I trained a Pokemon to level 100 on. I also preferred the sprites and version exclusives on Silver.. mainly Vulpix if we're going to be honest.

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
  • Blue (go water types!) and Crystal. Crystal was actually my first Pokemon game ever, and I had no hesitation in falling in love with the series.

ThaEmpPhoenix

Certified Gamer!
    Years
  • I am glad to see Crystal winning xD. Crystal was my favorite but I also like Red :P. I am currently playing Red at the moment.

Back