• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What is your favorite genre?

Years
    I myself love all genres of music but I am different as I listen to both what I want to say are my main genres of music that I feel all music genres branch out from. I listen to everything from classic rock to death metal and everything else that sounds good to me. Now to find out what everyone else likes from any comments.

IDG

ey b0ss
    Years
    Well I like a lot of differente genres too, but I think my absolute favourites are progressive rock, trip hop, post-punk, atmospheric black metal and technical death metal.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    My favorites are:

Alternative
    Video Game Soundtrack
    Classical
    Pop punk
    Dubstep

Not in that order ♡

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I don't choose music basic on genres bust mostly on what sounds good to me. If I had to choose a genre I'd say baroque and classical but mostly probably I grew up with them ^-^. I also like some rock and some metal as it doesn't become too extreme. Except for classic rock, I don't think it's bad, but it never does anything for me.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Classic rock is my ultimate favorite. The clock radio in my room is always tuned to Y-103, the local classic rock station.

Years
    I grew up listening to rock and such, but I find myself listening to a lot more pop and hip hop now.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Right now ive been listening to exclusively rap. but i also do enjoy some good pop or alternative music

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I need my music to be heavy and strong, to wake me up and get me ready for my day of work.
    I listen mainly to Death Metal, Folk/Viking Metal, and Thrash Metal

anything from hard rock to death metal I'll listen to

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I grew up listening to Rap and Hip-Hop. I only really listen to Pop and some R&B along with EDM these days.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I can't even begin to narrow down my favorite genre, I like so many different ones. These days I've been mostly listening to indie rock, pop (80's to today) and classic rock.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Electropop (synth pop is my favourite sub genre) and dream pop

Years
    I like industrial and some metal. This has been my taste for years. Though sometimes I do enjoy rap.

Years
    I like different genres of rock and pop and electronic music (art rock, alt rock, post rock, prog rock, new wave, art pop, ambient, etc. etc. etc. I could go on). It's just too hard to narrow it down.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My taste could be described as ?????????.

Stupid memes aside, I do recently seem to be drawn more to various forms of electronic music with a strong beat, like this, and discovered vapourwave within the past few months. Generally my interest has centred around the sort of music you find if you search for 'epic (celtic) music' or TSFH on YouTube. Before that (like a decade ago now) I would've said industrial metal, which was the most likeable stuff I'd found at the time, along with folk and power metal which I didn't so much take to, liking only a few of the tracks I found. Various kinds of video game soundtracks have been present throughout, in increasing number as more high production value games have put more attention into their audio. I've always had a general distaste for comprehensible vocals; most band music I like is non-English.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    When it comes down to genres, I can't really decide seeing that I love listening to plenty of types!

recently though, I've been listening to some hard rock bands like queen, deep purple, acdc..Also some funk from kool and the gang.

Back