• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Pokemon game of all time?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • My favorite is Gold. I liked it much better than RBY and I like the original gold better than the remakes. I loved the pokemon that you could get in it and I use it for pretty much every challenge I do.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My favorite Pokemon game was Pokemon Diamond. I have the most memories playing that game, it was the game I first started playing competitively and started to breed. I learned about EVs and IVs from Diamond, I caught the most Pokemon in that game. I just had such a fun time over the years improving my teams and growing as a player. I remember buying both Diamond and Pearl the day the games were released and brought it to play with my friends in 5th. grade. It honestly doesn't even seem that long ago!

My favorite spinoff game is probably the original Pokemon Colosseum. I didn't think that this game would honestly be as good as it was. I was stoked to see it on the Nintendo Gamecube, but I did not think GameFreak would be able to pull the game off as well as it did. Turned out, the game had a good storyline and was different than any other Pokemon game we had seen before. I enjoyed playing throughout the game multiple times, and to me the game will always be a gem. I was disappointed to not see anything like it on the Nintendo Wii.

Years
  • I can't really choose a favorite honestly.

GBC GAMES
    It has to be Pokemon Yellow. I LOVED Pikachu outside it's Poke Ball and how you can interact with it. I liked the twist in the end when your rival was the champion as well.

GBA GAMES
    Pokemon Emerald. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I was disappointed when I couldn't play both stories. And then Emerald came out. I could enjoy both sides of the story and Hoenn has my favorite water starters: Mudkip.

NDS GAMES
    Pokemon SoulSilver. Pokemon Following feature? LOVE it. It makes you think that Your Pokemon are actually with you, making the experience more fun. Ever since, I was hoping to be another feature like that.

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I can't really choose a favorite honestly.

GBC GAMES
    It has to be Pokemon Yellow. I LOVED Pikachu outside it's Poke Ball and how you can interact with it. I liked the twist in the end when your rival was the champion as well.

GBA GAMES
    Pokemon Emerald. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I was disappointed when I couldn't play both stories. And then Emerald came out. I could enjoy both sides of the story and Hoenn has my favorite water starters: Mudkip.

NDS GAMES
    Pokemon SoulSilver. Pokemon Following feature? LOVE it. It makes you think that Your Pokemon are actually with you, making the experience more fun. Ever since, I was hoping to be another feature like that.
    I love Pokemon emerald it was the first Pokemon game I ever got

Years
  • My favorite would have to be Yellow. I adore Pikachu's personality and the ability to check its emotions. I always thought that the sprites in Yellow were much better than Blue and Red and sometimes even better than Crystal! I'm considering going back to either Yellow or Crystal soon.

Totally agree about Yellow. It was also my first Pokémon game. :3 I spent hours playing it on my Pokémon edition GBC. Other than Yellow, I also adored Platinum!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    My favourite Pokemon game is LeafGreen. The nostalgia factor definitely plays a huge factor in my choice.

Years
  • In terms of handheld games, I'd say the original Silver was my favourite - it was the first handheld Pokémon game I played and it was a mind-blowing experience, starting off with the two regions and everything haha. I do adore the remakes but purely for nostalgic purposes the original was my favourite :) Honourable mention to Emerald :D

Another shout-out to Pokémon Stadium on the N64 - SO MANY HAPPY HOURS of my childhood were spent on that game haha, especially the wee mini-games :)

Years
  • Emerald is by far my favorite handheld Pokemon game. Y actually comes pretty close, but nothing can top Hoenn in my heart, haha. Way too many fond memories of catching all of the Pokemon I found that were new to me in my very first play through, and falling in love with each concept as I went along.

Pokemon Colosseum was an unbelievably fun game, and grossly underrated. I've been trying to hunt down a used copy to buy and replay, because I absolutely loved going through the story and need to again. ;__;

Back