• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite (pre)evolution in Generation 4?

Halcyon

peace and serenity
Years
  • You know, there have been some hatred towards Generation 4 new (pre)evolutions.
    What if Generation 4 came first, would you guys say the same thing?

Why not we turn the question around?
    So, the question here is, what is your favourite evolutions/pre-evolutions in Generation 4?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My favourite pre-evolution form the foruth generation is Munchlax. As a big fan of Snorlax originally, I just thought that Munchlax was a simpler, cuter and sexier version of Snorlax. The sprites in the games weren't too bad and it's decipition in the anime made it even cooler.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Munchlax is my favorite. It's just absolutely freaking adorable. Just how could you resist that face? Plus, it evolves into Snorlax, who is just awesome.

Munchlax wins. Hands down.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Munchlax or Budew are easily the least annoying and the cutest. Mime Jr is cute too but I hate the name, as well as Mr. Mimes name. Of the new evolutions, Roserade. It has become my favorite Pokemon ever.

Years
  • I don't really like baby Pokemon because they're so hard to evolve, so this is pretty much restricted to evolutions only.
    Togekiss is probably my favorite, just because it's so much fun to use

Ayselipera

Even though I don't care for Chimecho I like Chingling the best. I just think it's really cute.

... It's a little bell. :3

Budew, Munchlax, and Mantyke aren't bad either.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I hate pre-evolutions. They serve no purpose in battle.
    Favorite evolution?

…I would have to say Roserade, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, Gliscor, and Yanmega.
    They were amazing improvements from their previous forms, so much that they could actually fight a weedle without dying(Except for Porygon-z.)

I actually like the evolutions in the 4th generation more, so yeah. :/

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Mantyke and Munchlax are my favorites, simply because they evolve into awesome Pokemon (and I like how the prevos look).

... Well, I guess Bonsly is alright, but only 'cause it evolves into Sudowoodo and I loooove Sudowoodo. Oh yesh~.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2013
    Weavile, Togekiss, Electivire, and Yanmega. Definitely the coolest looking, Glaceon is pretty cool too

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Favorite Evolution(s): Roserade or Honchkrow (and of course the Eeveelutions)

Favorite Prevo(s): Mantyke or Munchlax (i like Mantine and Snorlax) All the others were garbage.

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Pre Evos: Either Mantyke or Budew
    Evo: Porygon-Z is probably my all time favorite pokemon evar! Such a beast.

Years
  • The only pre-evolution from G4 that didn't have a horrible design (IMO) was Mantyke. That's one of the few G4 Pokémon that I like.

Out of the extra evolutions, Glaceon has a great design, up there with the best of previous generations. Leafeon was fine, but the name is really lame. I can tolerate Gliscor, Togekiss, Yanmega, Mismagius, and Mamoswine.

Back