• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your post display style?

Trinity Cross

死神
    Years
    As the title states, which style are you using? Standard or legacy?

I'm using the legacy style right now :o

Standard:
    Spoiler:

Legacy:
    Spoiler:

To change your style you go to 'Options' on User CP and scroll down to 'Post Display Style' and choose Standard or Legacy.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Legacy; keeps the postbit in one area of the screen and is the norm on most forums I see.
    I've always thought that more options would be nice, like a right-justified legacy or bottom-of-post standard, but I don't suppose the notion appeals to enough people.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I use legacy as it takes up less space and separates the post and the user info, two things which I like.

Years
    Never seen that option before, but I like it - Legacy looks like a reasonable way to save space to me, might try that out.

EDIT: Oh come on, I have to type in some stupid verification nonsense just to change that one setting?
    What is your post display style?
    Annoying.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Legacy is so much better. It's been so long I've been using it that it would be so weird to go back to normal view.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    Legacy. I am using the Legacy post display style at the moment because it's easier to see everything and is kept to one side of the page.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I use Legacy on my main, and then standard on my alts. The reason being is because it's a nice way to differentiate my main and my alts (idek. don't ask), and also because I'm too lazy to change it on my alts. 'Sides, it's gotten to the point where my alt accounts look weird in legacy and vice-versa. Again, don't ask. Just how my brain works, I suppose.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Oh silly Tara.

Anyways, I use standard. I seen most people/forums use legacy, even a "right" one. Though to me Standard is the best option its just more clear/crisp to me.
    Or just that I'm used to it. Too lazy to give the other a good chance on pc :P
    Looks good on others though.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is how Cassino's post looks for me (chose his because his is the most visually appealing under my settings):

Spoiler:

> Generation InVerse
    > Zekrom
    > Legacy
    > No signatures

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Standard.
    I think I'm just used to it. I've never used Legacy for the past three and a half years that I've been here. Legacy just doesn't appeal to me.. for some reason. I've used and seen it on a couple of other forums. Uh yeah, maybe I should try it out. :/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    THAT'S how you change the forum view thingy? Ah...

So, to answer the question, I'm in Standard. It's sort of too ingrained in me to change now, and I like that everything is horizontal, in its own way!

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I've been using the standard, but only because I did not know I could change it. I like how the legacy looks more, though. It's what I'm used to because of other forums. :D

*runs off to change*

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I use standered, I just can't get used to using legacy after using standered so long.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I've never used Legacy before...

But in all honesty from the screenshots it looks like I'd prefer standard. Everything just seems more integrated that way, idk how to explain it.

Years
    I used standard until discovering this thread xD So right now I am using Legacy. I will probably switch back to standard later just because I am used to it.

Years
    I've almost always used Legacy since I've been on PC. When I joined it was the default setting. I guess I had Standard for awhile years ago but I switched it back. Chances are I'll keep with Legacy for a very long time to come, too. It's just what I'm used to.

Although it gets annoying with people with super long names, because one of the admins decided it'd be better for names to overflow into the post itself than stretch the left postbit like they used to. >_> On my 1024x768 screen it wasn't an issue at all. *grumblegrumble*

Detox

Legacy on my main, standard on my alts since I rarely have to use them.

Back