• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your worst injury?

Have you ever broken a bone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I jarred my thumb as a kid, and fell on my head once and was kinda unconscious and uhh falling off a bike and leaving a scar on my hand I still have.

One of those three counts as worst injury. :)

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I had 2. I got shot by some drunk teenagers when I was in 1st year. One bullet hit my arm and broke the bone. Luckily there was police nearby who heard the shot, arrested them. I recalled fainting at the process though... Next when I was in 2nd year college, that's when I was riding in a snowmobile. I didn't expect a drift, I got hit by a tree. My ribs and some of my facial bones got cracked...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • The worst injuries aren't always physical, so I suppose that the time I ODed and almost died from a massive overdose of decongestant allergy medication is my worst injury (as a child I was prescribed double the adult dose of a medication that I was already allergic to. Thanks doc.) Ever since the OD my brain has been permanently messed up in several unpleasant ways, including suffering frequent panic attacks, out of body experiences, dizzy spells, and so on. I'd break just about any bone in my body many times over before I'd willingly take on my current problems.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
  • One of the times my dad hit me, I don't recall which. There were instances where he fractured my big toe, used a belt, etc. Any one of them would be my worst injury, both mentally and physically.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • I have the worst luck. I've gotten into many injuries that I learn how to resistance the pain.

In 2nd grade, I broke my arm due to my hands sweating on the Monkey bars (Due to that reason, I'm afraid of monkey bars).
    Another one was when this 5th graders pushed me back & I fell, head first (<--Because of this, my memory isn't so good no more).

You know I could keep on going, starting from Kindergarten to 8th grade...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ran in sandals as a three year old and fell pretty hard on the pavement, face first. Was bleeding pretty badly on my hands, legs, and face. Haven't really liked sandals much ever since.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • My stuff ain't that bad, I was playing hockey, floor hockey to be exact, and well somehow I slid onto my knees trying to keep possession of the ball ... let's just say that as I slid onto my knees I slid into the wall and it did some bad damage to my knee....

Years
  • Worst one was a sprain to my leg while running track in High School. I've been pretty careful since then.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I was always an incredibly safe kid, never played sports or anything that would have hurt me lol. But a few instances come to mind:

- on June 2, 1998 (I remember the date because my memory is awesome), I was walking through the parking lot of the kinder gym I used to go to and suddenly my knee gave out for no reason, and fell directly into the gravel. I had a huge cut on my knee that took three stitches to fix. It wasn't a horrible injury, but I remember screaming and crying in pain as the doctor put the stitches in my knee, and Mum getting right into my face saying "shh shh shh it's OK". To this day, it's one of only two scars on my body (aside from chicken pock scars :P)

- My street has a huge downward slope, and about two years after the knee-in-gravel incident I was riding my brand new scooter down it. I hadn't learned how to brake, and then panicked when I started going too fast and decided just to step off and see what happened. It did not end well. I basically somehow flew forwards and slid about two metres once I hit the road. I had really really deep grazing on both of my palms and on my other knee. This was the first and last time I rode that scooter, it's still sitting downstairs with the other pointless crap I never use lol

- I don't remember this one but I've been told about it. When I was three I fell face-first into the corner of my coffee table, and hit myself about one centimetre below my right eye. I still have the badass scar, even though it's not very visible :P

Years
  • I actually have a scar like Harry Potter as a result of actually cutting my forehead and it was spewing blood everywhere!

I thought I was gonna die...

Rinzler

Joichiro Nishi <3
    Years
  • Compared to everyone else's injuries...mine seems really really small. xD

Well, it was that time where I ran my fingers over the top of several book pages. Got papercuts inside my fingernails. Blood everywhere. Nasty.

Years
  • I broke my right arm when I was four. My bicycle went off course the track and I crashed down a steep slope. I was in hospital for almost a week and doctors had to implant some man-made steel rod or fulcrum in my elbow after that. It doesn't hurt since the operation, except that the skin near the area itched from time to time but I guess it's like my body becomes adapted to living with a foreign region. Bionic I am, huh? XD

Years
  • I slipped and fell on a stone floor in an attempt to bowl in the attic of the former peasant house-thing (I'm really not sure if it's worth being called a house) my class was for some reason celebrating the end of elementary school in, probably because it was cheap and the school probably was bankrupt or at least low on money from cut budgets, as usual. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but they certainly were weird.
    The result? Me being unconscious for the only time in my life up to now, two days spent in the hospital, and I wasn't allowed to watch TV for a couple of weeks. This led to me not being able to watch the two final games of that year's ('02...?) world cup and thinking Germany only lost against Brazil in the finals because I didn't watch the game. Oh how much I hated myself for it.

Apart from that, I never had any even remotely serious injuries. Feels good.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    When, I fell off the monkey bars, hit my arm on the monkey bars, and the base. So, it broke my arm.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i've broken my wrist and collar bone, and right now i'm sort of bed-bound due to some pretty bad spinal issues, and if i don't take a break from everything i have going on there's a high probability of pushing myself into back surgery. not fun

Back