• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Keeps You into Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just think the amazing replayibility the games have is what keeps me drawn in until the new releases. I can literally play a Pokemon game thats 13 years old for like the 100th time and still have so much fun doing so, there's not many games out there that offer that for me.
    Yes, definitely!

Also, PC keeps me into pokémon because it's so nice to be part of this community and I constantly get encouraged to try new pokémon things, games, watch the anime or RP or anything. Pokémon is a really good franchise to gather around and get friends around.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Leaf/Blue and Serena. Aside from those two lovely ladies (and cosplaying as them at conventions), my interest in the franchise is zero. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Y, and all my recent Pokemon merch purchases have been Serena.

In fact, a friend recently asked me what my favorite Pokemon was, and my response was, "I dunno, Buick Century, maybe?"

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • I have been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y days and still havent grown out of it... I went away from the games for a while once I finished Gen3 I didnt come back until X/Y but since then I have been playing again none stop.

Lets Go is a real hype for me atm too.

Years
  • I still have to finish Gen 3, and haven't even touched 4-7.

Also I bought Yellow and Crystal for my 3DS so got back playing them in recent times.

Liamwasd

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2018
    Friends that love the game as much as me, the story of every video game, the tcg, how unique every pokemon is, and it's nintendo so what's not to love?

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I think its because of the fact that I have friends who still love to play it even though we are now into our late 20's and early 30's (me for the 30's...lol.)

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Life long relationship with pokemon keeps me tied to it I guess. Even if I drop Pokemon in the future, I'll definitely revisit some of my favorite games.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
    Years
  • My childhood. Pokemon was the biggest aspect of my childhood. Every single christmas and birthday, I wanted either a pokemon game or the new device that was required for the pokemon games. I spent thousands of hours playing the games. Every single gen, although what brought me out of it was XY when you needed the 3DS to play (PC gaming took over my life at this point).

Then what brought me back, and keeps bringing me back are my memories. The good old days, is what you would call them, when times were more simple. Watching/Playing pokemon just takes me back in time.

Years
  • It's sorta hard to describe... It'd be disingenuous to say that sentiment isn't a part of it, since I've loved Pok?mon since I was a little kid. I do genuinely think it's a really good series, though, with a lot of unique aspects to it... I think the biggest of those is how it ties into real life in a way no other game I've seen does.

There's other things, too, of course, like the fact that one of the series' primary points of appeal, gameplay-wise, is giving you full control to customize your party however you please from a very diverse array of what is now hundreds of cute, cool, wacky, and wondrous magical creatures, pretty much all of whom have very charming, memorable, and distinct designs.

A lot of the games also capture this sort of sense of fun of just going on an adventure to explore the countryside around where you live, and make new friends and discoveries.

I dunno, there's a lot of things I like about it! I'm sure I'll come up with even more after posting this.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • What keeps you into Pokemon and why?

Cute creatures
    Epic music
    Eeveelutions
    Pokemon Rom hacks
    The games (Red & Green) and anime were made during my childhood (1996 & 1997)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well let's see, there's quite a few reasons for me.
    • In every game, the story is incredibly fun.
    • I LOVE the soundtracks.
    • Shiny hunting can take a lot of time, but it's rewarding.
    • The replay value is insane. You could play the same game 5 or more times and it's still enjoyable, due to diversity and playstyle.
    • I love to grind up my Pokemon postgame and try my hand at the Battle Tower, Battle Maison, or whatever Battling facility is in the game.
    • Me and my friends love to mess around with goofy team setups and have FFAs.
    • It's always been one of my favorite game series, even to this day.

I simply just can't get enough of Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 14, 2024
    I'm not as invested in the franchise as I used to be, but the main concept of the games keeps me interested, and when they pull off some good stuff then I get hyped.
    I almost don't care at all about the spin-offs. I just wait for the main games.
    I also hold on to the hope of the franchise experimenting with new mechanics and ideas(which it has done in the past). In this case I don't really mind if they come up with something new and exciting with a spin-off, but still I'd rather get a good fresh main series title.

Years
  • I still like pokemon because it was my childhood and the whole concept and aesthetic of the games keeps me interested in it. Also, it is mostly family friendly and something that I would enjoy with both older and younger people. I got into it when I was seven and I am happy that I am still liking it after gradutating high school this year.

Mehoi

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    I still like pokemon because it was my childhood and the whole concept and aesthetic of the games keeps me interested in it. Also, it is mostly family friendly and something that I would enjoy with both older and younger people. I got into it when I was seven and I am happy that I am still liking it after gradutating high school this year.

Honestly I can really relate to what you said about it being enjoyable with older and younger people. I find my brother and I playing Pok?mon go on vacations and road trips despite our age gap. Granted we do have extremely similar interests, you can still see how Pok?mon?s concept works for many age groups in different ways.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Leaf/Blue and Serena. Aside from those two lovely ladies (and cosplaying as them at conventions), my interest in the franchise is zero. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Y, and all my recent Pokemon merch purchases have been Serena.

In fact, a friend recently asked me what my favorite Pokemon was, and my response was, "I dunno, Buick Century, maybe?"

You know if TPC was to create a Car Pokemon, I'd die laughing from the sheer coincidence. Seriously though, what is your favorite Pokemon if you had to answer it?

As for the topic at hand, I think this community has kept me going on it. The S&M Anime was such a departure from previous series(aside from the change in art style) that its largely turned me off(not withstanding all the numerous characters who basically are wasted animation). I still watch to keep tabs but I no longer watch the English Dub anymore(they already banned one Episode for PC(Politically Correct) reasons).

Oh and :t037: got to have my :t037:

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 13, 2018
    My very first game was pokemon White so i'm a bit late to the party, but since then I've made sure I've gotten my hands on gen 3, 4 and 6 games and played through those as well.

I think it's just how unique and open ended the pokemon world can be, it leaves a lot to your imagination unlike other games which specify much more about their setting and world. So as you play through you can almost personalise your journey with your imagination. I'm sure we've all had headcanons for pokemon in our party or random npcs that fill in this lack of detail in the game. That's why I like the game so much, its unique setting, not to mention the gameplay.

Back