• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of headphones do you prefer?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    So there are about 3 types of headphones. In ear, over ear, and on ear. Some people like different types and sometimes price keeps you away from those over ears when you can only afford some in ear headphones. So what kind of headphones do you prefer and what kind do you normally get?

For me I love over-ear's but I've only had one pair for listening to music with in my life. They can be pretty expensive and I've used my in-ear Ipod headphones that my ipod came with out of the box because I haven't listened to enough music until just now.

I just bought some over-ear Skull candies. I love them so much!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I like on ear headphones the most. They feel the most comfortable and they don't give me a headache like over ear. I also can't wear ear canal headphones for the life of me, and it doesn't help that they usually produce the best sound quality. Sennheiser seem to make the best headphones, and usually have great build quality and sound even in their sub £10 range.

Last edited:
    Years
    For my computer: cans. I have a pair of Plantronics Gamecom 367. Decent quality, but the big factor is the microphone and the ability to wear them around my neck when playing guitar at the computer.

For listening to music away from the computer: in-ear. For my iPod or laptop, I have a pair of Sennheiser CX-300-IIs, which are great. Probably a tad bassy for my liking, but the overall quality is impressive. I couldn't go back to cheap 'phones, now. I couldn't justify spending over $100 for in-ear headphones, though, as most MP3 players don't have the sound clarity to benefit from them. Apart from Sony or Cowon's players, though.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    On-ear headphones for me. I can't ever seem to get in-ear ones to stay in and over the ear ones are uncomfortable for me to wear despite supposedly better performance.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I have on ear ones.
    I need new ones though ... these keep readjusting the size by itself -_-'' *readjusts*

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Ideal would be circumaural headphones with rectangular earpieces. Durability, to the point of an all-metal construction, is my main want. I haven't actually come across any like this for sale, yet. I'll welcome recommendations while we're on the topic, though, if anyone has any.

Not being a proacative shopper, I have to date only gone with relatively cheap models which have had a tendancy to break. I don't really keep track of specific models among them so I couldn't say what I'm wearing about now.
    If I'm listening to music away from home I wear basic Sony in-ear phones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I prefer over the ear headphones too. They are better than in ear because I feel that in ear headphone can get dirty and you stick those things in your ear all the time. Over the ear is also better becasue you can share with someone when youre not using it without getting them dirty..if you worry about those things. On ear headphones can let people around you hear the music youre listening too which can get annoying for them.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I usually have in-ear earphones because to me, they are the cheapest and easiest to find. I have had several sets of on-ear headphones and I've loved them, but because I keep on listening to my mp3 almost all day, they always die in a week or two. The same with the in-ear ones, they usually die after a short while.
    I've never used over-ear ones before, and I think I'll just stick to in-ear and on-ear models >.>

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
    I prefer in ear, though I do have over-ear ones that I keep as back up.

I can't wear headphones or over-ear phones because I have a head that's too small for any headphones. The phones always go below my ears. Over-ear phones are okay, but I have small ears as well, plus I wear glasses so they tend to get in the way of each other. I'd say that the only good thing about over-ear is that you can wear them to bed, but I don't really need them since my mp3 player has speakers and so does my laptop (I keep it on 24/7, but it does go to sleep after a certain time of inactivity has passed).

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    I carry around the ear buds that came with my phone, they are fairly comfortable and very portable so they are what I use most of the time.

I do have some "over ear" headphones that I use at home sometimes. They have the best sound quality, only problem is that make my ears sweat. I also have some TurtleBeach x11 headphones and the sound is amazing... except the bass is low, but they are supper comfortable and don't make me sweet, too bad they didn't have more bass. :/

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I use in-ear. Gummy kind, I cant stand the kinda that like the ipod comes with.
    I have owned a pair of over ear bose noise canceling ones, those were pretty nice but nothing i would wear regulatory outside in public.

Years
    could've sworn i answered this thread...

I tend to prefer in ear headphones when i'm out and about because it makes it harder for people to hear what i'm listening too and when i'm just sat at home or something or i'm listening to something on the computer i use the other two. I'm not bothered really just whichever one is cheapest/available at the time.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I currently have a pair of Razer Carcharias. They're alright; I love over-ear phones though. They're comfortable.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Though my in-ear earbuds are pretty comfortable, the gummy? things, well the thing you put them on is more like a oval so if changes it. Stays in ear and are pretty nice unlike the regular. Yay for cheap 5 dollar headphones ^.^ which i go through a pair a month or so..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I prefer in-ear. They're lightweight, comfortable, and they're easier to carry with. Currently I have like.. three pairs; all of them came with every cellphone I got in the past. xD

I used to have Sony earbuds and those lasted two years until my mother threw them in the washer. >_< I'd totally go back to buying those earbuds again, but I have three of them, so no need to anyways. xD

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I like whatever earphones last me longer than a month. >__> Seriously, most pairs I get start going out in one or both sides after about a month of use. >__<

But as for the types, I prefer earbuds because I like to listen to my mp3 player when I go to bed, and over the ear headphones are very uncomfortable for that. Unfortunately, that is the type of headphones I currently have. -__- Fortunately, they sound really good, so that makes up for it. ^_^

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I like whatever earphones last me longer than a month. >__> Seriously, most pairs I get start going out in one or both sides after about a month of use. >__<
    Are you somewhat rough with them? Even if you don't think you are, be extra gentle.

Neosquid

♦ Darkness ♦
    Years
    I have an on ear headset that I like to use. I use it to listen to online videos and I can use the mic to talk to people on Skype.

Back