• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of headphones do you prefer?

Years
    It varies for me... I like using earbuds when listening to my iPod and or playing my portable game systems... however when it comes to computer usage, I prefer over-ears

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Using on-ear or over ear outside of a studio or your bedroom looks pretty bad imo, and I'm not gonna go around wearing them because they sound better. It's a decent pair of in-ears all the way for me. I don't actually own another pair, and I don't think I ever have.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Indoors, it's gotta be over ear, coz quality. A decent pair of overear as well

When outside, I use in ear, they are still fine to listen to, it's not like I want super quality when outside anyway I'm only gonna be listening to Nirvana or something not checking out the latest super underground ambient. Plus I want to be able to hear if someone talks to me, if I have over ear I can't hear a single thing

On ear are just useless in all situations lol

For all those who are complaining about headphones breaking, seriously, just fork out some cash and buy a decent pair; in the long run you'll probably save more money anyway. I have a pair of audio technicas they're made out of metal, they aren't going to break they will last a lifetime, it's so much better

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I've got a set of ATH-M50 closed headphones, they're really nice.

I have a pair of audio technicas they're made out of metal, they aren't going to break they will last a lifetime, it's so much better

Nice to see the Audio-Technica master race reporting in.

Anyways I prefer over-ear earphones because they have better quality. The only bad thing about wearing over-ear earphones is that my ears sometime get a little too hot, and I have the take them off for a minute or two but it's a minor problem. I also have a set of ATH-M50 closed earphones and they are the best thing ever, but I only wear them in my house since I look ridiculous with them on. If I'm going outside for a walk or something then I'll just use a pair of Apple earphones because I don't care about quality that much. Also they're easier to take off if someone's speaking to you and they can fit in your pocket.

I used to buy Apple earphones but after buying about 10 pairs (and they cost around £40 around here, I couldn't believe it at first) I decided I want a good set of headphones that would last me a long time and so I switched over to Audio-Technica and over-ear earphones. I'm so glad I did, the quality of my ATH-M50s is amazing.

Years
    If I'm using my computer, I prefer over the ear headphones, just becaue they produce the best sound quality. If I'm listening to my iPod or something, I prefer using in-ear headphones just because they are so much lighter and they don't get in the way.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    My preference? Over-the-ear. However, I'm stuck with in-ear phones. I think I need to get a replacement set of over-the-ear phones... Comfort and quality beats almost everything else. In-ears work for short periords, but they just get plain uncomfortable in the long term.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    Over the ear. I like the big, comfortable headphones that don't mess with my ears. I don't really like ear buds, I don't like how they feel in their ear, and I'm not too entirely thrilled with putting something in my ear like that. Regular head-phones are nice, but they aren't anything special. I like the big headphones that cancel noise AND play my music.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If I had to pick one then it'd be in-ear/earbuds. I also like over-ear headphones. I've never really been a fan of on-year headphones.
    The reason why I like earbuds best because they're small, I can put them in my pocket, able to go with me anywhere I go.

Years
    In-ears work for short periords, but they just get plain uncomfortable in the long term.

But in-ear isn't loud enough.

If canalphones are proving uncomfortable or quiet, you're probably not getting a good seal. Try the different size heads any good pair comes with. Also, twist them into your ear, rather just pushing them. If you have dry skin, consider spreading the tiniest trace of saliva on the rubber cups to help seal things up.

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    well i prefer in ear headphones, but I've been stuck using a pair of on ear headphones because my other ones broke, but oh well, such is life.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I can't use headphones and over-ear earphones 'cause of my piercings, so I have to use in-ear *shrug*. I really don't suit headphones anyway, though.

NismoZ

SMW Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2011
    I'm very over-ear. I can't stand anything lower quality.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I use in-ear earbuds for my main listening on my computer and stuff. They're by far the most comfortable. I can't stand the regular earbuds that just kind of fit in your ear...they never fit right, so I use the longer in-ear ones.

My headset that I use for Xbox and PC gaming is a full size over-ear headset. It's not particularly comfortable, but the sound quality is really good and I like being able to hear both the game and chat at the same time.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    STEELSERIES SIBERIA HEADPHONES! They go around the ear.. so they don't press against the ear.. and there's wire on the top so it fits perfectly to your head.. which is hard for me because I am small and have a small head so I could never find good headphones that fit well..

But these are amazing:

What kind of headphones do you prefer?

*_* Best quality ever, too. And for a very decent price <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Oddly enough, I prefer in-ear headphones just so I can hear a bit of what's going on outside of whatever music I'm listening to.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Over the ear make me look like a boss I actually prefer in ear although I'm currently using my skull candy over the ear ones - Until last night when the right side stopped working.

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
    Black On-ear noise pollution head phones when I'm at home, red in-ear noise pollution ear buds when I'm at school or away or whatever. Awesome sound quality and at full blast on the on-ear's I can feel the bass booming when I put my hand near the head phones.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Ear headphones, in my opinion, is pretty much comfortable than the other ones available, that's just me though. D:

Back