• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of headphones do you prefer?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Philip Ear Buds. I dislike the ones that go into your ear, so I'm content with these.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I use Phillips since the last $5 brand was no longer sold at another store SO now I use these ones, they've actually lasted longer, lol. But yeah, in-ear > over-ear. Tried the latter and yeaah it was weird not being able to hear literally anything else. :(

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I just use a cheap pair of £1 earphones from Tesco, they work brilliantly and have lasted over a year :3

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
  • I have a pretty decent headphone. It's from sony, pretty costly around 20 $ and have been using it for about 4 months now.
    I like it bcause it has a clear high quality sound. :3
    Don't like to use them for too long at stretch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2012
    I'm a little confused - what's the difference between on-ear and over-ear?

I have 3 sets that I use on a regular basis:

• A large pair of circumaural headphones, for my home computer
    • A pair of Skullcandy in-canal earbuds for portable listening
    • A pair of earbuds that aren't in-canal, for situations where it would be dangerous to plug my ears (biking, walking at night, etc.)
    By the way, has anyone else had the problem where the jack wears out really fast, so one of the ears stops working? I fixed it by splicing on another jack (it's actually not that hard), but I ended up having to do this less than 2 months after purchasing the Skullcandys.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I just use a cheap pair of £1 earphones from Tesco, they work brilliantly and have lasted over a year :3
    I NEED THESE HEADPHONES!

Essentially, I have a tendency to break all of my headphones due to me twiddling them around by fingers when they're not in my ears. Cheap ones, expensive ones, middle-y ones: it doesn't matter. All are capable of being broke by my recklessness. That's why I always go for the cheapest ones I can, as they'll probably only last for a few months. But these Tesco £1 ones sound amazingly cheap! Looks like I need to pay them a visit.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    I like my Sennheiser HD 428s. They are much better than the Skullcandy Hesh headphones that I only used for 2 days. Even on sale for 30 USD, I felt ripped off.

My Sennheiser ones are much better.

MMSCBF

Beginning Something-er
    Years
  • These Sony MDR-XB40EX give my ears so much pleasure they're prepared to receive when I prepare to play. |D
    On the Sony website they're priced at fifty dollars. My first pair were I believe twenty-five or sixty dollars at a Best Buy. I lost it with my 8GB Sansa Clip in the pouch it came in three years ago on the first day of school, then later got the same one for like thirty dollars. Probably on sale.
    They're, like, so small, sometimes you wonder how they get that amount of sound inside of them. The bass response is OMGness. <3
    I have them tugged out of my ear with some strong force on some times, but they still work all the way.
    The sound isolation is pretty good. I don't have to listen to the little kids on my bus argue about something stupid. XD
    Sound leaks out a little, but I'm okay with that.
    The only thing I don't like about it is that the buds can somewhat easily fall out or be pulled out, making it a trouble finding them.
    I'd recommend others these if they want to have bass in their 'phones, but this model is discontinued. :c
    I have a feeling it'll be a long time before I may have to fix them.~

Years
  • I have my in-ear Samsung ones, and they're very loud. Love them, especially while my very long, tiring journey to my job.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Over-ear DJ type deals. Earbuds make my ears tingle with static for some reason (there's no one device in particular) and I have enough ear problems as it is.

Back