• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Megas do you want in Sun and Moon?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I just want Mega Raichu (related to mascot), Mega Wigglytuff (related to Smash veteran), Mega Persian (related to anime veteran), and Mega Butterfree and Mega Froslass (both are counterparts to Beedrill and Glalie, who also got Mega Evolutions).

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    Solrock and Lunatone are almost confirmed lol

I hope they give in to fan favorites like Dragonite, Arcanine, Milotic, Flygon etc. A M-Butterfree is something I'd like to see as a counterpart to Beedrill.

Also, why not some Kalos-native Pokemon? M-Aegislash would be beast as hell and it would join M-Rayquaza in its own tier.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I would not be particularly surprised if Solrock and Lunatone weren't given megas. At the end of the day it's unlikely that the games are actually based on them (i.e. the naming is probably coincidence) and if that's the case then megas for Solrock/Lunatone would be included simply for the sake of it being kinda amusing that sun/moon pokémon exist in games called Sun/Moon. Assuming Solrock and Lunatone aren't relevant to the game's plot then they're unlikely candidates for megas because they're not at all notable as pokémon.

Anyhoo, megas that I'd like are:

- Gen 2 + 4 starters: Gen 2 at least is pretty likely but I'd be a tad surprised if they didn't bundle in Sinnoh starters with them. If they don't do that I expect it'll be a sign that we should expect gen 4 remakes.
    - Eeveelutions. Kind of expecting this to happen at some point? They're obviously iconic within the community and competitively they're slowly slipping out of relevance as a group so this is a chance to give them a leg up. People would be really happy to see Flareon in particular finally being usable.
    - Other random pokémon that aren't interesting enough to list.

Have to say I'd like a return to actual proper evolutions of pokémon being made though.

Sirfetch’d

- Eeveelutions. Kind of expecting this to happen at some point? They're obviously iconic within the community and competitively they're slowly slipping out of relevance as a group so this is a chance to give them a leg up. People would be really happy to see Flareon in particular finally being usable.

I like the idea of Eeveelutions getting megas but if one of them got a mega, I think they'd be inclined to include a mega for all 8 of them, at least IMO. That'd be a huge amount of megas dedicated to one family of Pokemon. Then again, Pokemon like Glalie got one and Froslass didn't so that might be the wrong logic to think about this with. I could potentially see Espeon and Umbreon getting them though considering their lore with the Sun and the Moon respectively. A lot of us immediately think Solrock/Lunatone are the sun and moon Pokemon that might get some focus in this but I am really starting to believe that it will be Espeon and Umbreon if any pre-existing Pokemon do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well Gardevoir was the only one getting a Mega then Gallade got one in ORAS. Froslass may get her Mega in Sun & Moon since Glalie got one in ORAS.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
    I like the idea of Eeveelutions getting megas but if one of them got a mega, I think they'd be inclined to include a mega for all 8 of them, at least IMO. That'd be a huge amount of megas dedicated to one family of Pokemon. Then again, Pokemon like Glalie got one and Froslass didn't so that might be the wrong logic to think about this with. I could potentially see Espeon and Umbreon getting them though considering their lore with the Sun and the Moon respectively. A lot of us immediately think Solrock/Lunatone are the sun and moon Pokemon that might get some focus in this but I am really starting to believe that it will be Espeon and Umbreon if any pre-existing Pokemon do.

I do agree that they wouldn't give one Eeveelution a mega without doing the others as well, but I disagree in that I reckon they'd actually be quite happy to give megas for all of them! Not all in the same generation, but I think over the course of several they'd get through them. I imagine they'll do either all of the Kanto or Johto Eeveelutions in this generation (Kanto being the natural place to start, but Johto making sense if they do make a link with Espeon and Umbreon), then do one additional set in every following gen.

It is a huge amount of megas for one family but of course, the Eevee family has a huge amount of pokémon for one family!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    What about a mega that only works for male combee? so female gets vespiquen, male gets a mega!
    Sounds a bit too exclusive. That and Combee doesn't really rank as a popular Pokemon, and Megas have mostly been given to popular Pokemon at this point. Additionally... other than sole-evolution lines, I'm pretty sure no other first-in-line has been given a Mega, but I could be wrong. Even so... Combee just doesn't stand out as something people are going to crave getting a Mega for.
    I disagree. I think Pokemon could give only a few of the Eeveelutions a mega evolution to start. Although I do agree that eventually they would all need them. Or maybe just Eevee should have one.

I like your idea of a new Eeveelution, I think we're at that point where we should have one.
    I wouldn't be opposed to Eevee getting one because it is 'special'. Everyone's always wanted Eevee to evolve into its own, and a Mega would be the perfect opportunity.

I'm so HM02

Banned
    Years
    I gotta go with Lunatone and Solrock for sure. Maybe add some new mega evolutions with Sinnoh and Johto starters plus fan favorites from all generations, so many to pick. Ah brain cramp!!! lol

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    If I don't get my Mega Roserade, then I will cry. :(
    I can see Mega Drapion. We still need 1 for Mew, Slowking and Froslass

I can definitely see Mega Froslass sometime in the future. Not sure if in these games, but it seems pretty likely.

As for Mew I can't really see them giving the other five 'main' mythical Pokemon Mega formes. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Victini would all need to get one. Yeah Diancie has it but I don't really consider it in the same league as them. They seem small and innocent, whereas Diancie comes off as more mature. That's just me though.

Years
    NidoKing, Nidoqueen, Flygon, Dragonite, Legendary Bird Trio / Legendary Dog Trio, Raichu / Pikachu, Stunfisk, Luxray, Rampardos, Omastar, Kabutops, Noctowl, Mega Flareon, Jolteon & Vaporeon (If not more Eeveelutions), Arcanine, Ninetales, Zoroark, Greninja (If not other Gen 6 Starters), Trevant, Goodra.
    That's all I can think of off the top of my head but there are probably more.
    I just want mega Nidoqueen tbh

Years
    I can definitely see Mega Froslass sometime in the future. Not sure if in these games, but it seems pretty likely.

As for Mew I can't really see them giving the other five 'main' mythical Pokemon Mega formes. Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy and Victini would all need to get one. Yeah Diancie has it but I don't really consider it in the same league as them. They seem small and innocent, whereas Diancie comes off as more mature. That's just me though.
    They wouldn't all need one since Mewtwo has 2. U van say that it happened because he is man made. However, it has been confirmed that it happened to encourage trading.
    Anyways, I disagree with KorpiklaaniVodka, most Mega are all about Power and some Megas for certain Pokémon would be fair. Seriously, Slowking is forever alone

Years
    I think Mega Butterfree is really possible, seeing as we got Mega Beedrill in ORAS. Would love to see a Mega Lunatone and Solrock to make them actually useful. Mega Espeon and Umbreon would be great to see as well.

I would like to see them stop giving legendaries Megas. Kinda pointless.

Back